It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Mud Pit" Experiment is a Complete Failure

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
My first reaction to the Mud Pit when it was started was to avoid it completely, however, I found myself sucked in to the petty bickering along with most of the other good people of ATS.

[snipped]

Frankly I don't like who I become in the Mud Pit and I think many of you may feel the same way. I am NOT asking for censorship, but a return to polite disagreement and diplomatic insults.

This overt thuggery that the Mud Pit encourages detracts from the quality of the content on ATS. Are we better off than we were before the Mud Pit? I don't believe so
edit on 2017/1/14 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

edit on 1.14.2017 by Kandinsky because: snipped criticism of members

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

if you dislike mud - dont wrestle pigs

link   
Quit playing in the mud. Mud wrestling should be limited to cute girls in a strip club.

+1 more 
link   
Dude dont be a snowflake, the mud pit is doing fine, its annonymous people acting high and mighty, its funnier than the joke section in reddit

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if you dislike mud - dont wrestle pigs

So don't argue with idiots? They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Am I one of those rude and obnoxious individuals?

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The mud pit is a great idea, and without it, the bickering would infect other boards due to no other outlet for partisan debate.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Your avatar is a cat. Of course you are rude and obnoxious and demand to be fed every twenty minutes

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Dude dont be a snowflake, the mud pit is doing fine, its annonymous people acting high and mighty, its funnier than the joke section in reddit

It will be interesting to see who comes to defend the Mud Pit.

Basically it drags ATS down to the level of every other site on the Net. ATS *should* be better than that.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not every 20 minutes I am on a diet!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

No.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I didn't think so but I thought I should ask.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Basically it drags ATS down to the level of every other site on the Net. ATS *should* be better than that.

Nah.. Look at our leaders!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Disagree. To me it's ATS' equivalent of the kids' table: the board in general doesn't care for and isn't interested in that sort of behavior, so the board confines it to one forum. To me, that's why ATS is "better than that." One of many reasons.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Why the change of faith, we did have a few salty word play going in a few threads, why now deem it stupid? Honest question.
edit on 14-1-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Disclaimer+

I love this site and I respect the owners and staff here to the utmost.+

But honestly the mudpit gets clicks,those clicks generate revenue..it's not going anywhere.

It's sad to see the vitriol seep out into the other forums.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

As a member of ATS since 2009, I actually never understand the point of mud pit. Are we mudslinging political views? I thought we are supposed to talk about ghosts, aliens, and other weird topics.

I miss those days when we talked about actual conspiracies.

When I first entered ATS, I wasn't into the politics only the weird topics.

edit on 1/14/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with the mudpit, it's a great thing IMHO. If you don't like it just avoid threads from there.

Like you said, there are certain posters that live there, and they say some of the dumbest, most asinine things ever. Sometimes those comments need a dose of harsh uncensored reality. That's the purpose of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I agree with you,I also miss those days when we debated about interesting topics.
I am sick and tired of politics!

posted on Jan, 14 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I don't really see a difference between the Mud Pit and the rest of ATS. Indeed, in an objective experiment I suspect you could switch section names and most of the time you couldn't tell the difference. Outside a few innocuous places: Jokes, Sports, this whole place is a Mud Pit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join