It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Intelligence Committee to open probe into Russian interference.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I guess the evidence that has been presented in the briefings to the senate has been overwhelming.

The Senate Intelligence Committee announced Friday that it will be launching a bipartisan inquiry into Russian intelligence activities.

The scope of the probe will include “Counterintelligence concerns related to Russia and the 2016 U.S. election, including any intelligence regarding links between Russia and individuals associated with political campaigns.”

"As part of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s oversight responsibilities we believe that it is critical to have a full understanding of the scope of Russian intelligence activities impacting the United States," committee chair Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) said in a joint statement with ranking member Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.)

The committee plans to hold hearings, interview officials from the Obama and Trump administrations, "including the issuance of subpoenas if necessary to compel testimony."

The Hill

I wonder how deep this rabbit hole will go.

edit on 13-1-2017 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Oh great spirit of Senator Eugene McCarthy, come to us... we need you oh great spirit of our departed hero.. ooh, ooh Eugene...

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I do believe McConnell clipped McCain's wings a little and restricted the scope of committee investigations to the Russian Election hacking, Ryan may have done the same in the house.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
I do believe McConnell clipped McCain's wings a little and restricted the scope of committee investigations to the Russian Election hacking, Ryan may have done the same in the house.

That's should not be, McCain had already said he was turned down completely by the Republican leadership originally, and that was re; the Trump private intel company dossier, and BTW not just P-Gate, not even P-Gate, it was always about Russian interference, and American security..They are actually doing what he was requesting originally.
There is aomething in there that is bothersome. It's probably Manafort and Page at the end of the day.

edit on 13-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
After the Senate Intelligence Committee's briefing with FBI Director Comey today, their investigation of Russian interference into the 2016 election is moving forward.

Newsweek

Marco Rubio ‏@marcorubio 39m39 minutes ago More I am now very confident Senate Intel Comm I serve on will conduct thorough bipartisan investigation of #Putin interference and influence

via twitter

Many reporters present when the meeting adjourned say that all attendees were extremely tight-lipped upon exit.

Another source:
The Hill

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great. When it reports it's findings that there was no such thing, the zombies in the Media can finally shut up about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

If this is going to be like the Hillary E-mails, I guess we all know what kind of result we are to get.

I am sure that this committee have nothing better to do with tax dollars.

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: muse7

If this is going to be like the Hillary E-mails, I guess we all know what kind of result we are to get.

I am sure that this committee have nothing better to do with tax dollars.

The evidence would have to be greater than Hillary's email fiasco, otherwise they can't move forward. It's too recent in the memory.
At worst everyone is going to plead the fifth. Leaked documents cannot be used otherwise wikileaks would start dealing out on everyone.

new topics

top topics

join