It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 And "Fake News"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was thinking that on 9/11 the internet was not what it is today, things today can be quickly checked.
ATS, GLP, 4Chan, and Reddit are on every story good or bad vetting it out. Sure there is some nonsense, but the 2016 election cycle just proved what level of "Fake News" there is being put out there as propaganda from both sides. Yes the right was running it too.

I want everybody to pretend 9/11 never happened in 2001, and think what would have happened if 9/11 happened in the final days of Obama Presidency. How fast would the conspiracy gelled up amongst the public not buying the OS, because of what the internet is today, and how much has the MSM lost credibility in the last year with the general population.

Thus I ask this simple question, just how much fake news was put out there on 9/11 and during first few weeks after that tragic event ?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Hopefully this isn't too much of a Thread Drift..... but something always seemed Fake News-ish about us killing Osama and tossing his body into the ocean.

In full disclosure, I'm not a fan of Loose Change but WTC 7 has often made me wonder.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This guy was a tad suspicious.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A lot of it, like reporting the tower had fallen before it actually happened.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

So Mike Walsh already knows the buildings came down from intense fire

And the 'man in black' can't say what he is doing here but was able to find a face mask pretty quick.

Interesting. Thanks for the vid.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

You have a chicken or the egg scenario here...

If what happens and what is said to happen are not precisely determined, then the validity of what happened if it occurred today would rightfully so be immediately put to the fire of theory researching.

The problem comes from unanswered questions. The government in response to questions of certain events about 9/11 chose to remain silent and secretive, thus breeding conspiracy theory. Example... I am not saying what happened, but I am logical enough to conclude that there is absolutely video of the pentagon disaster, yet questions remained because the answers stay hidden.

The point of MSM, regardless of internet of what generation things occur, is to steer peoples beliefs into what they want people to feel... and what they want people to feel is insecure about the world we live in and to mold to what is told instead of ask questions.

The public was issued news... fact or fake news is to be determined by the one analyzing the events.

When or where... only fact about 9/11 to remain is that 2,996 undeserving people died that day... and countless other by the affects afterwards. Keep these people in our thoughts please, and ignore what is being told about what happened...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Its not the internet, its a problem with peoples belief systems. If people suddenly realize their own government and media have been purposely spreading propoganda to the masses. Its a mamoth task for the brain to recatagorize a lifetime of presumed truths, obtained from the same sources. Much easier to put up barriers to protect ones belief system than risk a mental break down.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Keep these people in our thoughts please, and ignore what is being told about what happened...

That is a double edged sword because then I have to ignore both the OS and the CT about 9/11, so how do those same people ever get justice then ?
edit on 12-1-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I guess I should have said to put those affected at a higher priority, sorry.

I am an avid truth seeker myself... I merely ignore what I come to learn in terms of its relevance to how much I desire my formed opinions to be seen as fact... that's why I put ignore.

Math is the only true language...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Its not the internet, its a problem with peoples belief systems. If people suddenly realize their own government and media have been purposely spreading propoganda to the masses. Its a mamoth task for the brain to recatagorize a lifetime of presumed truths, obtained from the same sources. Much easier to put up barriers to protect ones belief system than risk a mental break down.

What belief system? The average person you label sheep also know the truth movement is populated by its own con artists. Using pictures and items out of context. People like Gauge, Jones, Wood, Hulsey milking 9/11 for a living and personal notoriety? They will never get to the truth if they can keep milking the conspiracy cash cow.

Please specifically state if the WTC towers were brought down by implosion, thermite, nukes, lasers and holograms, drone jets, missiles, or dustification.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"Fake News" is the reason the 9/11 forums got shut down for a time and then reopened with heavy moderation. We dont have to pretend 9/11 happened today. We already have the proof on ATS what did happen and why.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yes but people on ATS always had a different mindset then the general population, if only ATS was voting, Ron Paul would be finishing his second term right now. It was me searching for 9/11 information that got me to sign up to ATS over 10 years ago, I believed is the OS 100% until 2006. That's five years of just slurping up fake news as the gospel truth, then I woke up. Based on the events of the last year many others are realizing it to, I remember seeing one youngish woman burning her Obama shirt 2 years into his Presidency, saying she got duped. And that has nothing to do with 9/11, but rather making progress in objective realism breaking free from the massive political propaganda.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

How people get justice?
Lets put an end to this Total War and get our act together. Both things are way too intermingled and since mil.-ind. complexes rule the world, we're stuck with a far too narrow perspective of 'justice' "in the name of 9/11".

There is no right life in the wrong one.

Adorno

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

TONS of fake news. And I agree that if 9/11 happened nowadays, things would be MUCH different in the public perception.

For example, we're supposed to believe that about a week after 9/11 our government knew
-The identities of all 19 highjackers
-Had passport photos of every one of them
-Knew which planes each one was aboard

That $hit wouldn't float in 2017.

I think it took the authorities over a year to identify who was respinsible for the highjacking of Pan Am flight 103 back in the 80's....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

TONS of fake news. And I agree that if 9/11 happened nowadays, things would be MUCH different in the public perception.

For example, we're supposed to believe that about a week after 9/11 our government knew

That $hit wouldn't float in 2017.

I think it took the authorities over a year to identify who was respinsible for the highjacking of Pan Am flight 103 back in the 80's....

We have these fancy things called computers and the internet which allow quick searching of information as well as sharing of vast amounts of data nearly instantaneously across the globe and from many different groups. We no longer have to manually parse data like the 80s.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
9/11 was mainly an event to call for war and rally arms. For such an event to take place during the politically unstable times of transitions of power, the risks of civil war and martial law descending the nation are higher.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: glend

What belief system? The average person you label sheep also know the truth movement is populated by its own con artists. Using pictures and items out of context. People like Gauge, Jones, Wood, Hulsey milking 9/11 for a living and personal notoriety? They will never get to the truth if they can keep milking the conspiracy cash cow.

Please specifically state if the WTC towers were brought down by implosion, thermite, nukes, lasers and holograms, drone jets, missiles, or dustification.

Most definitely there were con artist involved but there were also people that interviewed witnesses who had contact with the terrorists. It's clear from these investigations that the Muslims were not devout Muslims at all but heavily into the drug scene, which perhaps provides, although speculative, a motive for the destruction of the towers.

The Taliban banned the cultivation of coc aine in 1999 resulting in drug cartels loosing tens of billions in profits each year. After the US invaded afghanistan, the coc aine industry in afghanistan was restored. When a Gulfstream crashed in 2007 with 4 tonnes of coc aine aboard , it wasn't a surprise to see
links with the plane and the Cocaine Import Agency.

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Well, if they were already on track of those terrorists, just thinking they were not as dangerous as they turned out to be, it could happen. Consider:
Airlines don't let people on planes anonymously.
Passenger manifests of each airliner would likely get to the FBI, CIA etc within the time it took the towers to fall.
At which point all that has to happen is a quick scan of the list, those planes weren't full, and where one list matches your list of 'possibly dodgy' people, there's your terrorist.

Not actually that conceptually difficult. Especially for a Nation that supposedly has the ability to Fake 9/11.

2 things.
1. That really wasn't a hijacking, it flattened a good chunk of a Scottish Village.
2. The particular object/bomb used could of got on the flight in multiple places - either Frankfurt or Heathrow. And if it were introduced by someone working in the airports, like is suspected with The Metrojet flight in Egypt, it would be harder to do, especially considering that counter terrorism is much more sophisticated now, given that things like 9/11 and PanAm 103 have happened.

Edit to Add:

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
I want everybody to pretend 9/11 never happened in 2001, and think what would have happened if 9/11 happened in the final days of Obama Presidency. How fast would the conspiracy gelled up amongst the public not buying the OS, because of what the internet is today, and how much has the MSM lost credibility in the last year with the general population.

I think the way we look at things would be substantially different. 9/11 is, regardless of how you look at it, a defining moment of history, on the level of Hiroshima, Pearl Harbour, the Shooting of Archduke Ferdinand and so on. Thinking of a pre 9/11 world from a conspiracy theory point of view - 9/11 really brought out the conspiracies, and the theorists. Before that, there weren't that many conspiracy theories that hit mainstream - the Moon Hoax being the only thing I can readily think of right now.

Asking 'what would people think of 9/11 if it happened now instead' is a hard question, because so much government skepticism comes from it. The grounds for large scale expectations of 'False Flag' or Media Fakery, comes from 9/11 theories. How many people would have looked at Sandy Hook for example, and suspected a hoax there, if the seed was not already planted by 9/11?
edit on 13-1-2017 by apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Fake news is as old as politics itself...

Its a rule rather then an ecception..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join