It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Urges People To 'Buy L.L.Bean' Amid Boycott Threat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

President-elect Donald Trump took to Twitter again Thursday morning, this time to urge his followers to "Buy L.L.Bean," and support one of his campaign backers.

"Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage," he tweeted Thursday. "People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean."

SOURCE

Trump likes to micromanage, doesn't he? I don't know about you, but this is starting to annoy me. He must have picked up this habit in managing his businesses, but trying to do it as "the leader of the free world" is going too far in my opinion.

I don't want a POTUS telling me what to buy (or what not to buy). It gives me an awkward feeling. Who does he think he is telling people to buy L.L.Bean?

I think he's going too far in a variety of ways.

The good thing is that watching it and discussing it is entertaining.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I've never read about the second article you posted about handing out trophies. All I can say is that is fing INSANE. I'm at a loss for words. My son turned 6 in December and I have been conditioning him to be the exact opposite of these cry babies, he's only 6 and understands that if you lose or can't do something you brush your shoulder off and try harder. He doesn't throw tantrums and act like a baby. He's more mature than half these Clinton voters. I'm very proud of him.

I don't know what this world is coming to.

edit on 1/12/2017 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
Thanks for the post. I've never read about the second article you posted about handing out trophies. All I can say is that is fing INSANE. I'm at a loss for words. My son turned 6 in December and I have been conditioning him to be the exact opposite of the people, he's only 6 and understands that if you lose or can't do something you brush your shoulder off and try harder.

I don't know what this world is coming to.

Someone else had posted that, so I had to change the original post. I did a search for "Biden", but I missed the thread about Obama giving Biden the award. I found out that search results aren't necessarily chronological. The article about handing out participation trophies was just satirical.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Might as well put stickers all over Airforce 1 like a friggin Nascar if he's gonna use his position to sell products.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Soon my friends, very, very, soon.

i can almost taste the electrolytes.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Boycott threats have limitations.
The boycott is a natural weapon of the majority against an unpopular minority, and can be devastating under the right conditions (as the eponymous Captain Boycott discovered).
But when a country is split down the middle, the boycotting can be mutual. It isn't going to work half so well.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Are you guys SERIOUSLY surprised about this? I'm not.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hope Banana Republic donated. That would be a fun tweet.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Sounds like the cronyism is starting already. Using his influence to reward those who are close to him as well as destroy anyone who isn't.

This is basically market manipulation and shouldn't be happening. These are exactly what people predicted would happen and it's already happening and this isn't the first time.

This is corruption being done openly and people need to be paying attention to it. Because with his influence he can literally take down or prop up any business of his choosing. That is not a free and open market and he should know that.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I just ordered a back pack and a sleeping bag ! Take that liberal bullies.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen cmon now,,,lol,, lets be positive, even if Hillary won I would try and focus on the positive things. Trump could turn us into a cannabis nation creating lots of jobs, we will see, he may have to fire sessions but we will see.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: synthetichuman

i am being positive!
time to invest in friggin brawndo

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015 Well his endorsement from the daughter of someone at LLBEAN cause yallz crazy liberals to protest the store, jeez you people are crazy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: synthetichuman

This is what is worrying. Putting all your hopes behind one man with one leg of power. He will deliver just like the others. His state or the states with the voting powers will do just fine. But the people out in the rest of the country are going to get even madder when he does not deliver those rural jobs. Then we will all be in danger, unless you live in a tower.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: synthetichuman
I just ordered a back pack and a sleeping bag ! Take that liberal bullies.

Win for team freedom! Excellent work patriot.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

And why is it cronyism? A bunch of Liberals want to hurt one of his donors because they had the audacity to support Trump? He's supposed to sit back while Liberals try to destroy a business? It's just like the Hollyweird crowd trying to influence the election, the electoral college and Congress.

Maybe he should tweet to boycott evil, ungodly movie studios because they employ Liberals.

I guess Liberals will really be upset when he puts Trump on the side of AF1.

Why are Liberals upset anyway? They keep screaming "Not My President".

edit on 1/12/2017 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am not a big fan of the Donald but perhaps in this case he is simply attempting to avert a campaign against a company whose owners supported him and now feels it is important to support them as the political machine of the other side is being armed against L. L. Bean because they offered their support. I don't believe companies should get involved in politics but individuals should be able to support a candidate of their choice without another political army rising against them simply because they offered support.

However they should realize that their support comes with a price and that grass root organizations could go against them. I don't like how Mr. Trump tweets anything and everything and no he should not say buy this or that, we already had someone like that...buy health insurance or else. i don't think he is saying buy from L. L. Bean or else but just saying support them in case of a strong boycott.

This stuff is getting so out of hand that the important things are not being talked about. We need someone who can appeal to both sides and make good choices for everyone, not the Donald nor anyone from the other side who fits that bill right now...maybe in our future but hopefully it is not too late

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Looks like pay to play to me in it's most corrupt form!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

President-elect Donald Trump took to Twitter again Thursday morning, this time to urge his followers to "Buy L.L.Bean," and support one of his campaign backers.

"Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage," he tweeted Thursday. "People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean."

SOURCE

Trump likes to micromanage, doesn't he? I don't know about you, but this is starting to annoy me. He must have picked up this habit in managing his businesses, but trying to do it as "the leader of the free world" is going too far in my opinion.

I don't want a POTUS telling me what to buy (or what not to buy). It gives me an awkward feeling. Who does he think he is telling people to buy L.L.Bean?

I think he's going too far in a variety of ways.

The good thing is that watching it and discussing it is entertaining.

He urged his followers or supporters to support their products because the rabbid liberals threaten to put them out of business because one of their board members voted for him.

He wasn't talking to you, ignore him. He was talking to people who support him and each other.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If someone called for a boycott of this company due to it supporting Trump I dont see a problem with him sending a tweet in support.

When he changes a law to give the company an advantage then Ill be just as outraged as the Trump haters, until then hes entitled to say what he likes..... Whether he should say it or not is another issue

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join