It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bronski Beats' Larry Steinbachek Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Although Larry Steinbachek died back in December, his sister has apparently only today released the news Keyboardist with the great synthpop band Bronski Beat had a short battle with cancer before succumbing. One of my fave bands and Smalltown Boy is and always will be a classic

BBC

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only reason I know Bronski Beats is from GTA 5... Great song btw, sad to hear.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

#! That's, yet another, blast from the past!

RIP

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
run away run away run away aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Was a bit of a fan back in the day.
Some great music, and a soundtrack to some crazy times of 80's excess.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I completely read the subject as being a man named Bronski beat a man named Larry Steinbachek to death. Made much more sense after opening the thread.
edit on 1/12/17 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
In December?? Well, I think the new year has given me some breathing room...

Was 2016 the year of death or what? Yeah, everybody dies, but so many that actually mean something to me? Playing guitar and knowing somebody through their music feels like you know them.

Joy Division/New Order and this band (and punk) was the music that led me out of the prog rock era and back towards mainstream just in time for "new wave." It would not be until after all of that was done that I learned some Zep.

Playing synth notes on distorted guitar forced me to approach guitar differently than all the other local bands. For that I am grateful! The influence will always be there no matter what I do now. That is a salute of honor!!

RIP, Mr. Steinbachek! Thank you for the music.

new topics

top topics

join