It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will Trumps administration deal with Climate Change

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This has global implications, the world is watching.
Will the fossil fuel industry continue to be demonized?
Will infrastructure continue to be held hostage by eco activists, against the rule of law?
Will Rex Tillerson help America on the road to energy independence?
What role will Ivanka play?
What about the Paris Agreement? It's my understanding Obama pushed this thru without allowing the Senate to have a say, does that mean it's not legal?

Climate change not ‘imminent national security threat’

REX TILLERSON: “I don’t see it as the imminent national security threat as perhaps others do.”
MERKELY: “One of the things that’s noted is how the changing climate in the Middle East concentrated Syrian villages into the towns and sparked the civil war that has now produced something like four million and counting refugees having profound impacts on European security, and that would be an example. Is that something you’ve looked at or considered to be real or perhaps misleading? Any thoughts in that regard?”
TILLERSON: “The facts on the ground are indisputable in terms of what’s happening with drought, disease, insect populations, all the things you cite, but the science behind the clear connection is not conclusive. And, there are many reports out there that we are unable yet to connect specific events to climate change alone.”
MERKELY: “What we’re seeing are a lot of scientific reports that will say we can tell you the odds increased, we can’t tell you any specific event was the direct consequence. For example, hurricane Sandy might have occurred in a hundred year period but the odds of it happening are higher with the higher sea level, the higher energy in the storms. So, do you agree with that view point that the– essentially that the odds of dramatic events occurring whether it’s more forest fires or more hurricanes with more power is a rational observation from the scientific literature?”
TILLERSON: “I think as you indicated, there’s some literature out there that suggests that. There’s other literature that says it’s inconclusive.”

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
My guess is somehow he will make it great again.

link   
I believe Trump has indicated he thinks climate change is a conspiracy invented by China.
So my guess is that his administration will give climate change one giant, collective golden shower.

link   
By putting end to that scam .

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Or focusing the real problem, environmental pollution. Of which carbon emissions are one aspect.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ah, Ive heard of that worrying fiscal problem they call climate change, Apparently it can only be fixed by taxing everybody.

Hopefully he taxes everybody 90% of their earning so we can fix it by the end of 2017.

Godspeed people.....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Not sure about the global impact, but in a few days the climate in Washington D.C. is going to dramatically change.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They will pretend that it is not true.

The greedy scientists are all making it up so they can rule the world with their untold riches.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Or focusing the real problem, environmental pollution. Of which carbon emissions are one aspect.

But then the politicians wouldnt get their pocket money from scamming everyone . Then theres the doing things logically aspect to that which would totally elude the politicians .

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

originally posted by: intrptr

But then the politicians wouldnt get their pocket money from scamming everyone . Then theres the doing things logically aspect to that which would totally elude the politicians .

The real money from ravaging the worlds natural resources flows to the top, the corporate heads of state. Politicians are errand boys feeding on scraps (abbreviated, PACS).

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lay the blame as a Chinese hoax, I'd imagine.

I can't say I'm sold on climate change but I don't have the necessary requirements to make that call.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maybe he'll put the debate "on ice".

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wonder how he'll handle evolution? Perhaps he'll put that debate on hold as well and blame the Chinese? I wonder how he'll handle the debate about the flat earth? Maybe he'll say both sides need to relax until he can get actual proof that the earth is either flat or spherical?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think I heard him say "When Gore and DiCaprio stop taking private jets to talk about how bad private jets are", he would do something about it.
Until then, let's let it unfold naturally. Because that's what it's doing anyway...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Deny! Deny! Deny!

Then call it "fake news" and resort to twitter to call people "stupid" and "liars" at 4 AM. You know, like his current modus operandi.

If done right, there is no need for government involvement. Just the business' own desire to make money. That is what people in industry will come to understand this year. Upcycling = money. Why pump 600 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere when you can turn that waste product into something useful and make more money while doing so?

No government carrot or stick needed. None wanted quite frankly. Then, as a business, you can break your hand slapping yourself on the back on how you saved the environment.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well hopefully Trump won't continue the trend of dumping millions of taxpayer dollars in "green" energy companies that go bankrupt a year later.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Trump will hunt Heikki Lunta down and fire him from his snow god job. Heikki has been vacationing down through the center of the country lately.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

My recommendation is to go for two well known management and analysis methods:

commonsensei and giva#a

Climate changes, get used to it.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
I believe Trump has indicated he thinks climate change is a conspiracy invented by China.
So my guess is that his administration will give climate change one giant, collective golden shower.

the whole climate change thing is a conspiracy. people have not had that much of an effect on this planet as TPTB would have you believe. lots of scientific reports get fudged, and misinterpreted for the almighty dollar. theres nothing we can throw at this planet it cant shake off. its just a way for more tax, and TPTB to make more money, and laws. Climate change is going to happen regardless of what we do. personally, to me, it just looks like the earth is in a cycle again. things are going to happen weather we are the catalyst or not. and I do not believe we are.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Why pump 600 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere when you can turn that waste product into something useful and make more money while doing so?

How does this process work?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join