It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI sought FISA Court Order to spy on Trump campaign officials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Now a little light is beginning to show on this recent dossier circus. Initially I had considered RATS because I linked to a story on Blacklisted news titled:

REPORT: FBI SOUGHT FISA COURT WARRANT TO SURVEIL TRUMP CAMPAIGN OFFICIALS

Link

But following the source I was led to the Guardian.

John McCain passes dossier alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts to FBI

Link

And within this rather long but well reported story we have this gem:

The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

So the Guardian is reporting that either the FBI applied for and was denied a warrant to spy on an active Presidential nominee or actually did.

I wonder if they bothered with one of them FISA orders for The Clinton Foundation.....

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Our government is cancerous with disloyalty. It makes me sick.

Backstabbing, spying, all manner of conspiracies to screw over people who've done nothing to deserve it.

My country is a rotting corpse.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Very interesting, I'd like to know who the 4 people were.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything further comes of this. Maybe since he won the election we will not hear anything else.

Maybe this is why he got rid of Lewandowski?
edit on 12-1-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, along with Trump’s personal lawyer Michael Cohen

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
By the highly classified nature of FISA court, if they sought it, and got it no one would ever know.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
By the highly classified nature of FISA court, if they sought it, and got it no one would ever know.

Well there must be some serious leaks somewhere because we're are reading about it right now. That is, if this is true.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

originally posted by: ausername

Well there must be some serious leaks somewhere because we're are reading about it right now. That is, if this is true.

It hasn't been proven those name were submitted to FISA but it is interesting that Mr. Cohen was accused of being in Prague and named as a potential person submitted to FISA.
edit on 12-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Secondary reports speculated that the FBI may well have sought a more narrow application for surveillance, though details on that are even less clear than the previous reports. Though a lot of these reports don’t end up substantiated, if truethis could well add to the expected acrimony between the incoming administration and the intelligence community.

Absolutely NOTHING.

Funny how the FBI supposedly investigated the Trump campaign, and ignored the out right corruption of the challengers campaign.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Now a little light is beginning to show on this recent dossier circus. Initially I had considered RATS because I linked to a story on Blacklisted news titled:

REPORT: FBI SOUGHT FISA COURT WARRANT TO SURVEIL TRUMP CAMPAIGN OFFICIALS

Link

But following the source I was led to the Guardian.

John McCain passes dossier alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts to FBI

Link

And within this rather long but well reported story we have this gem:

The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

So the Guardian is reporting that either the FBI applied for and was denied a warrant to spy on an active Presidential nominee or actually did.

I wonder if they bothered with one of them FISA orders for The Clinton Foundation.....

I know I wouldn't want to be working for ANY "intelligence" agency right now. There are a lot that I believe will be in private security for corporations in the near future.

Better start shipping packing boxes to the ABC agencies....they're going to need them.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I can't believe all the TV time they're getting this election. I mean they are called spooks right? Or I guess that would be isolated to the CIA but the same principle is there. *sheesh*

If I was there boss, you know.....the President, I call it job abandonment and demand resignations. In the voice of The Donald: How are you spying on me when you're busy catching terrorists? You're fired!

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I doubt if they did this for Clinton. Her top aid has ties to some pretty bad people, but the FBI probably isn't saying much about that because Clinton lost anyway. It is no secret that Trumps people do not hate Russia, I can't believe there are so many people who are Russia haters in our government. If we are to progress in this world we must have true diplomacy. I would never totally trust Russia, but then I do not trust many middle eastern countries and some European countries either. Especially Saudi Arabia, even though they are supposedly an ally of ours. It doesn't mean we can't have good relations with the Saudi's, only that we should not trust everything they say.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I doubt if they did this for Clinton.

It took over 30 days just to obtain a warranted to search Weiners laptop for Clinton scandal related material. This after an analyst discovered emails specifically pertaining to the case.

It's amazing how fast they can jump when they want to or stonewall when needed.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I would never totally trust Russia, but then I do not trust many middle eastern countries and some European countries either. Especially Saudi Arabia, even though they are supposedly an ally of ours.

Russia is not our friend and never will be, but they needn't be our enemy.

Saudia Arabia isn't a friend either but it wouldn't be hard to muster an argument why they should be our enemy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I doubt if they did this for Clinton. Her top aid has ties to some pretty bad people, but the FBI probably isn't saying much about that because Clinton lost anyway. It is no secret that Trumps people do not hate Russia, I can't believe there are so many people who are Russia haters in our government. If we are to progress in this world we must have true diplomacy. I would never totally trust Russia, but then I do not trust many middle eastern countries and some European countries either. Especially Saudi Arabia, even though they are supposedly an ally of ours. It doesn't mean we can't have good relations with the Saudi's, only that we should not trust everything they say.

What's sad is that Obama, Hillary and Podesta had heavy ties to Russia and almost directly to Putin. Joule was a company Podesta was on the board of. Hillary and Obama worked a deal with RUSNANO to allow them to have a US branch. The head of RUSNANO, currently Anatoly Chubais, is directly appointed by Putin himself. The head of RUSNANO appointed the head of RUSNANO USA, Dmitry Akhanov. Guess who RUSNANO owns and Dmitry is on the board for....Joule. Guess who wasn't sanctioned when the US levied sanctions on Russia every time during Obama and Hillary's reign....RUSNANO. Instead, they allowed RUSNANO to start a branch of their corporation in the US....it's almost laughable.

But yeah, nothing to look at there.....no direct conflict with working with the highest level appointment by Putin for Russia's largest tech investing company and one of the world's largest.
edit on 1/12/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Russia cannot be trusted completely, so we should have caution. We should not have sanctions against them for annexing crimea, not all people in the Ukraine wanted to join the west, in fact it appears most of the outlying southern areas wanted to stay allied to Russia. We should not have instigated that then punished Russia for desiring to keep relations with Crimea.

It seems the west is way too pushy, then our government twists propaganda to make it look like Russia is evil. We instigated the thing in Syria, who's fault is it that so many people there are dying. Sure, Russia does share some blame of it's own, but we should not have instigated the conflict.

Why can't we just live in peace with Russia, keeping in mind that they may want to control the world someday. We still need to keep our Military strong but we do not have to be so pushy.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Remember that Crimea was part of Russia until 1991. The majority of its residents are Russian. It's never had more than a tenuous connection to Ukraine.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If this is true, the FBI, under the leadership of a Democrat POTUS was trying to eavesdrop on the Republican Presidential nominee.

Nothing Nixon like there, eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
If this is true, the FBI, under the leadership of a Democrat POTUS was trying to eavesdrop on the Republican Presidential nominee.

Nothing Nixon like there, eh?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
linking back and back and back we find:

Two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community have confirmed

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
First you weaponize all your Agencies.

You control your own intelligence.

Pick up your pen and your phone.

People should be arrested...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join