It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a dumbing down of music

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Skrillex is nothing compared to these sick puppies

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

thats a good point. i remember back when i had cd's id listen to the same cd over and over and study it and if the artist couldnt keep an audiences attention they wouldnt thrive in the industry. to most music is an after thought. just background noise while you scroll through your facebook or instagram chasing that next dopamine hit. no one bothers to sit an listen anymore so the artists dont need to sit there and write something really worth listening to.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Lazier not dumber perhaps? Easier to create another whiney RnB or pulp pop tune. I use my fingers to change stations or my playlist. I would also suggest that peoples "facebook" instant gratification impulse doesn't allow them the time it takes to actually listen or appreciate art or music.

What's wrong with RnB?

Here's the truth: people don't like others that are different than them. That's all there is to it. Duality stems from disliking others that have different views.
edit on 12-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

thats a good point. i remember back when i had cd's id listen to the same cd over and over and study it and if the artist couldnt keep an audiences attention they wouldnt thrive in the industry. to most music is an after thought. just background noise while you scroll through your facebook or instagram chasing that next dopamine hit. no one bothers to sit an listen anymore so the artists dont need to sit there and write something really worth listening to.

Entertainment is used to distract you.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

See that's exactly what I'm talking about. That's just criminal.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

That's not music. That's annoying.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

Classical order is a style of music based on keys, intervals, modes etc. The music ultimately tells a story, like an epic.

Thats your subjective preference. I noticed you left out the 'beat'. I prefer a beat. I'm also visually oriented. I want to put my classical music to something. It has to carry me somewhere, engage me, tell me a story.

Most orchestra classics written back when were developed by the Masters for Theatre Plays and Opera. I prefer the modern alternative, so much more "sophisticated" than romping round a stage in tights. In fact, pure Cinematic genius. Until you do as well, you should hold your tongue.

edit on 12-1-2017 by intrptr because: youtube

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NwoDedispU
I didnt even respond to you how could I??
This must be the OP'S ALTER EGO talking eh? haha. Take your persona and shove it. Use one trigger at a time tiger.

Never assume. I only have one account. To be honest I'm about done with this site. It's just a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You;re kidding right? Tune up...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

sophisticated
səˈfɪstɪkeɪtɪd/Submit adjective 1. having, revealing, or involving a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.

Carefully read what sophisticated actually means

Yeah, classical music is epic. Other music not so much.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What's wrong with RnB?

I apologize, I forgot I was talking a particular audience. Thats the RnB I knew!

this is what they call RnB today, my bad

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I still think classical order music is sophisticated.

And yet you wrote this thread? Sounds like you change rose coloured glasses too quickly

"Does Communism make people more disciplined?"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Western countries have more freedom of expression but less discipline....

More individuality = less discipline
Less individuality = more discipline?

I really have to question your sincerity...

Also I'm willing to bet you don't know how to play music. You probably only listen to it. If you can't play music then you don't have authority over understanding it.

Communism somewhat implies structure and sharing equally with everyone. Nobody has the answers to everything so sometimes it's necessary to have instructors to guide you.

That's what school does. Your teachers teach you how to be well rounded in many subjects.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It's all math, the technology has changed though.
Love these music threads

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The Good The Bad & the Ugly.. Ennio Morricone great stuff

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Classical order is sophisticated while other music is just relying on sound effects, computer editing software etc.

"Sound effects"..what do you think of the piano tines produce echoing in a grand piano? Sound effects could also be considered an orchestra playing in a music bowl.

You really should not be so combative to others listening tastes. Speaking of computer effects - you do realize that all modern music is recorded with Digital Processing? How far down do you want to fall?

There's nothing wrong with using sound effects to augment the musician's sound but some rely entirely on smokes 'n mirrors for their music.

Go ahead, listen to your heavy metal musicians without distortions, delays, etc. Their power chords and palm-muting no longer sounds that interesting does it?

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Dont go - where else can you post a 10 min video of a Chinese army marching and solve moral dilemmas about Communism?

So what do you think? More individuality = less discipline
Less individuality = more discipline

Stay - it's fun

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Christopher Walken...you win

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Then it would not be heavy metal. You do not like it so you do not understand it..I'm an audiophile and find something I like in pretty much everything..country is a tough one for me though.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yeah, classical music is epic. Other music not so much.

In the context that you decried anything non-classical as being "simple" I really think you are deliberately going out of your way to pretend you dont know what I am saying.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Here is a song by the originator of Death Metal..subjective but pretty close either way, it's been done with an orchestral arrangement

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join