It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have more babies please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There have been many agendas pushing and preaching for the lessening of the human population world wide. Regardless of how that is achieved, I believe the general consensus is that we must depopulate the planet in order to save it and lessen our damage to the remaining resources to encourage quality of life, and do it fairly quickly.

I was watching TV the other night, can't remember which channel, and a Cheerios commercial came on. I quite frankly was shocked, the message to have more babies bolded across the screen, and for me, it seems like since forever the message to have less children has been pounded into many of our brains.

This is the video,
it's only 30 seconds so hopefully you can watch it. In case you can't, it's a vid with images of cute/funny babies and toddlers in an array of activities, interspersed with the words: "More babies please" and "They're fun!". Now I could be assuming the message incorrectly and maybe Cheerios is simply needing more little mouths to eat their product to improve their bottom line. But, when it shows a young couple kissing, it seemed to me to be sending a deeper message. This is a commercial that apparently came out in Sept. 2016, but the other night was the first I had seen or heard of it.

I really contemplated whether or not to post this but it's been bugging me in that it appears the message is to increase the population which I happen to believe is a bad message. I lean towards quality vs quantity. Not necessarily DE-population via destruction of life but instead, not increasing the population.

I'm also aware that a sudden drop in population can make it difficult on seniors, and a countries economic situation. But, what does ATS think?Is this a good message?

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
More babies, please.
They are fun.
And they are DELICIOUS!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Have all the babies you want, just don't ask me to pay for them.
Babies are fun!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You're right though, socially this is going against the grain of the Breed Less, Save The Planet message that is so ubiquitous. Could be just protecting their profit margin, but... Things that make you go hmm... We'll see if it starts to be a trend in the next few years. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
well to compete with india and china in the not too distant future militarily and economically more people might be necessary.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I believe the general consensus is that we must depopulate the planet in order to save it and lessen our damage to the remaining resources to encourage quality of life, and do it fairly quickly.

That was the plot for the 'Thinning'.

People actually think that snip.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lack of babies is a problem, the population gets older and there is no newer generations to support/replace them, this is specially troublesome in countries with social security as the older people stop working and consume more while there is not enough younger people contributing to the social security.

China realized the one child policy was a mistake and are trying to fix it with 2 child per couple now, but its too late and china is getting old.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Yes and all this SJW BS is actually part of that problem. Promoting and pushing , homosexuality, Trans genders and third wave feminism to the point that it became so ridiculous. Sure, be gay ,trans gender if you need be but the media has been hyping this BS to socially unhealthy levels there is no denying that. And thanks to third wave feminism we have been seeing less and less men engaging in relationships and marrying choosing because of it all to just not bother with the whole thing anymore.

^that is the real social engineering going on.

Throw all those things together and one does not need to wonder why we are seeing less and less new births.
There is a reason we have statistics on all of the above.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
@Neo96, I agree, many of us are pretty brainwashed by that idea. Can't wait to see Thinned.

We'll never catch up to China, the US has 350-400,000,000. China has around 1,382,323,332.

@Indigent - yes, China has serious problems with a massive shortage of younger people vs older people. The US will have the same problem, not as severely but the issues are beginning to show.

BUT, is increasing the population the answer? I mean overall, not talking about taking anyone's rights to procreate away. Should we be encouraged to having more children?

I'm out of that game but curious to hear others thoughts.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Having more babies is not increasing the population as we still die, to sustain the population women needs to have 2.1 birth in average, less than this the population shrinks and more the population grows (ignoring immigration), currently there are places like Spain with 1.3 birth per women, those countries gonna have trouble soon, or their population will be replaced by Africans and Arabs that are the groups that have more birth currently.

The economy is basically a ponzy scheme and they need young people, either by birth or immigration.

The world will be very different by the end of the century if countries don't start making babies at 2.1 per women, Japan will lose 40% of its population, around half of the remaining will be over 65, other countries currently accept massive immigration so the population won't shrink but it will get replaced by different ethnic groups, US will be Latino, Europe African/Arab, most of Asia a geriatric, south America will remain mostly the same, Africa and the pacific will be crowded, how much? We are not making babies as we used to, in the 70s the world average was around 4.5, now is 2.5.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Yes and all this SJW BS is actually part of that problem. Promoting and pushing , homosexuality, Trans genders and third wave feminism to the point that it became so ridiculous. Sure, be gay ,trans gender if you need be but the media has been hyping this BS to socially unhealthy levels there is no denying that. And thanks to third wave feminism we have been seeing less and less men engaging in relationships and marrying choosing because of it all to just not bother with the whole thing anymore.

Throw all those things together and one does not need to wonder why we are seeing less and less new births.

So are you saying the social engineering is turning potentially breeding heterosexuals into gay & transexual non-breeders?

I thought for sure it had something to do with economic security and education.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I understand your numbers, but I don't understand your point.

Why do we have to keep the population at the current level? So what if it shrinks by a third, or half?

We need to fix this part...."The economy is basically a ponzy scheme" so that we aren't expecting our progeny to pay for our senior years.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: everyone

So are you saying the social engineering is turning potentially breeding heterosexuals into gay & transexual non-breeders?

I thought for sure it had something to do with economic security and education.

I think you should read my post again you will realize you missed a lot of it. Unless it was intentional of course.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
They painted the white baby brown.

Thats racist.

Thats no different from black faced actors from the 30s

boo

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NwoDedispU
They painted the white baby brown.

Thats racist.

Thats no different from black faced actors from the 30s

boo

That's not what happened.

The 2 children covered the baby in peanut butter. It's a pretty well known YouTube video and has been used in some remixes and vines.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We all know know that just like an elevator.. earth has a maximum capacity and when it exceeds it, bad things happen.

The big systems don't care about the earth's health, our health, happiness, safety... they just want the money and the power. Whether to depopulate or overpopulate, I don't doubt that they have some kind of plan to better themselves.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

The thing is that if you stop making babies the population not only shrinks but also the old people dependency ratio increases, too much people not working, consuming their pensions, their medicines and not enough working force to pay taxes to cover this expenses, the market would shrink too and the economy would collapse.

If you got a replacement model for our economy you should publish it, communism tried and failed miserably, perhaps you can come with something better than capitalism?

top topics

join