It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Clooney voices support for Meryl Streep anti-Trump speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

“Aren’t you supposed to be running the country?” said Clooney in response. “I didn’t vote for him, I don’t support him, I don’t think he’s the right choice.

“At this moment in our lives we have to hope that he doesn’t destroy everything. The reality is you have to hope he will do a decent job because if the United States fails, really terrible things happen, so you have to hope that he can.”

But he added: “I don’t see any signs of it.”

SOURCE

Trump is not supposed to be running the U.S. just yet. Doesn't that error detract from Clooney's credibility? I would think you would need to know the difference between being in office or out of office before you can comment like Clooney just did.

Whether you like Trump or you don't, I think we can all agree that it's good to be able to have these kinds of disagreements discussed openly. I feel like open communication is the only way a compromise can be found.

Wait a second, liberals don't compromise...too bad.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Any chance Clooney's full remarks are available. I find it hard to believe he's so out of touch, that he thinks Franklin was president. Maybe he meant Franklin+Roosevelt, or Franklin+Pierce?

Your Source: Guardian

Clooney suggested that after a lucky run of previous presidents including Jefferson, Franklin, Lincoln, Roosevelt and Kennedy, America had got “a little unlucky with Bush” and that “I think we’re going to be a little unlucky now.”

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I just couldnt care less what Goerge Clooney, or any Hollywood "stars" opinion is on pretty much anything.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Lol thats hillarious, personally I believe he is capable of gaps in his knowledge base and that is why I hold the above mentioned opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Just because someone is a celebrity, it doesn't give their opinions any more credibility. Honestly, since most of them base their opinions and beliefs off of what is currently "hip and popular" they should have less credibility than the common man.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sorry George that coffee you sell is pretty bloody ordinary as is this message

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
(South Park - George Clooney Smug/ Bridesmaids Edit )

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Another holy wood rich big time actor has something bad to say about the big hair guy.

I don't like him as much as the next guy, but the more these big wig rich twats come out against him, the more I have to wonder if they know something I don't- and they seem to be against everything I am for.

Bring it on, mr. hair.
At least I've got a plan B.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'll fight George Clooney any time, any where.
That said, I 've heard he digs the BBC.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I truly hope these poor souls can help each other through this immensely difficult time. Clooney is spot on too, the 15 seconds it takes to send out a tweet could very well be the difference between whether the president elect saves all of mankind or ushers in the apocalypse.

Walking such a razors edge is surely stressful for those minds in which Trump is living rent free. We didn't take his real estate brilliance seriously enough, and now he has taken up permanent residence in millions of minds.

The only way we can make it through this by sharing our drama with the world. Through our unified voices, may we make it through this dark night of the soul, this gravest of tragedies.

Oh woe is us! We forgot to charge a security deposit and he is really wrecking up the place!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And so? Second line. Third line. Who cares?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Fourth line. Also hes a dreamboat. Sigh

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Trump could have handled it with a little class but he just came across as a punkazz little twitter bitch.

He has become a parody of himself. Entertaining but not what we need in a leader of the free world.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

We still live in one of the greatest democracies and must allow everyone to speak up. We have a right constitutional righto do so. You may be able to write a tweet in 15 seconds but more time must be spent thinking on it. As for trump's brilliance he would have been richer if he banked his money and sat on his ass! So please do not mention brilliance when it comes to Trump. I would like him to fix the damn country and not go attacking what is not broken, like Hollywood which still is a thriving industry that contributes to our GDP.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think these Hollywood drones are more upset about the fact that nobody cares about their opinions than they are with Trump.

edit on 10-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I have no understanding why any thoughtful person would even consider the opinion of a hollywood star.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Just make sure you get that security deposit before he truly takes up permanent residence!

And, deepest apologies on the word choice of my sarcasm. I will be compiling a list of consultants soon to help verify what is, and is not acceptable. Ideally, my speech will then be shaped so that it is appropriate for all. I am putting effort into being safe for consumption, but like most, I am truly a work in progress.

I also agree that twitter is far too essential and significant to fill it with spurious, off the cuff remarks. Shame on anyone who does that!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply you really should have read my post and tried to understand it. Will Trump participate in Tweeting over every petty slight and dig? You obviously think that he should. Didn't Nero fiddle as Rome burnt?

Please read this post twice before replying!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

So you're implying Trump is going to try to steal all kinds of goodies from the White House like the Clinton's did? You're calling him white trash, in other words?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

The great and unique thing about this is not that an actor made a negative comment about a political leader.

It's that the political leader made a comment back.

And I find it funny as hell.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join