It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize - winning Economists give Trump policies a fail!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then you are a complete regarding education. Your anti education stance is just an empty posture. I know want a "tangent" is and how to calculate one. I have a working definition of what an "Attempt" however I do not see whatever point you wish to make. Anyway I am sure it is of very little consequence. And must now leave you to continue your anti education life. May you spend your kids education fund well!

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Then you are a complete hypocrite regarding education. Your anti - education stance is just an empty posture. I know want a "tangent" is and how to calculate one. I have a working definition of what an "Attempt" is however I do not see whatever point you wish to make. Anyway I am sure it is of very little consequence. And must now leave you to continue your anti - education life. May you spend your kids education fund well!

edit on 9-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: typo

link   
double post

edit on 9-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: double post

link   
Wow it I scary how many people actually are anti education on here. No wonder American education sucks!

edit on 9-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So far so good. Troops coming home to America. Jobs increasing and social needs being met. War postering between countries has been a thing since the birth of civilization. You are probably the type to hang the American flag upside down when A black president came to office. I've met your type if that is you. You are not an advocate of freedom. a reply to: gimcrackery

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
Im sorry but did you take economics at a real school or are just some smuck that doesn't understand where that debt came from in a time of war. Maybe do a little research on that whole thing then maybe you will get it.a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I am sorry for being harsh but the lack of research coming from my fellow ATS peeps is flabbergasting

Prove me wrong then. Just posting some triggered response sounding like a pissed off teenager doesn't do your OPINION any good. By the way, yes I passed economics class in both HS when it was required and in college. Just because you collect an allowance from your parents each week doesn't mean you're an expert.

edit on 10-1-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
Wow it I scary how many people actually are anti education on here. No wonder American education sucks!

America has been on a anti-education crusade ever since that idiot Reagan was in office. They knew back then the only way the GOP could survive was to make the American public stupid. The election of Trump just proves that crusade was a glowing success.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ATS is very anti education, there's even a pretty large contingent of posters who take pride in the fact that they refuse to hire people with degrees for jobs.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
These are the people who received their Nobel prizes from the same place Obama got his?

Right.

It needs to be re-named the Nobel POS Prize.

It represents nothing else these days in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

There's different categories of Nobel Prizes. What Obama won was the Nobel Peace Prize, which has historically been used to politically pressure people to keep their promises, that's why Obama got one. The Peace Prize is highly political, when it's not used to pressure politicians it's given to people to politically protect them from retribution while they carry out their work. Very rarely is it actually given for deeds already done.

The group of people in the article this thread is talking about got their prizes in the category of Economics which is given to people who pioneer new ideas in the field of Economics. The two have nothing to do with each other, other than both being funded by the grant that funds the Nobel Prizes.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

There's different categories of Nobel Prizes. What Obama won was the Nobel Peace Prize, which has historically been used to politically pressure people to keep their promises, that's why Obama got one. The Peace Prize is highly political, when it's not used to pressure politicians it's given to people to politically protect them from retribution while they carry out their work. Very rarely is it actually given for deeds already done.

The group of people in the article this thread is talking about got their prizes in the category of Economics which is given to people who pioneer new ideas in the field of Economics. The two have nothing to do with each other, other than both being funded by the grant that funds the Nobel Prizes.

Not even that, it comes from a different fund paid for by Sweden's central bank.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Are all these ee-con-o-mists really rich?

Have they made a bundle in something tangible?

What do these guys actually do for you and me?

WTF?!

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

In that case there needs to be a new category of Nobel POS Prize. But on 2nd thoughts that would probably be a bad idea. The numbers of eligible candidates would be far too many.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Are all these ee-con-o-mists really rich?

Have they made a bundle in something tangible?

What do these guys actually do for you and me?

How many of these economists have gone bankrupt 4 times since 1991???

Trump is a "Busy fool" Because had he have simply invested the original £40M inheritance in a regular fund he would have had slightly more than his declared net value. Would you take advice from a busy fool on how to run your business or the economy??

Many knowledgeable economists act as advisors and most modern president have used them!! They also advise the companies that run your banks and pensions. And most of the fortune 250 companies! That is what they do for us collectively!
edit on 11-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: Add in more text

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Not even that, it comes from a different fund paid for by Sweden's central bank.

Learn something new every day, I knew it was Sweden vs Norway that awarded it, but I thought it still came from the same fund hence being under the Nobel Prize category.

posted on Jan, 11 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Wow it I scary?

Two attempts at making fun of American education and still haven't gotten it right. You sir, are clever.

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anathros

Wow it I scary?

Two attempts at making fun of American education and still haven't gotten it right. You sir, are clever.

You know that a slip of the pen is not the same a s a slip of the brain. There is something wrong with American education but this is only obvious to HONEST AMERICANs with a decent education which means you sir, are not eligible to comment.

Not everything in America is wonderful!! Check out the educational ranking of the USA (hint - look at the bottom of the listing first to save time).

Educational achievemtn top 20

edit on 12-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

Can a pack of economists be wrong??

They're wrong on a fairly consistent basis.

Nobel Prize seldom means infallible. If ever...

posted on Jan, 12 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DAVID64

Ha ha trump taking credit for things that were happening and in the works before he even thought of running . He'd take credit for the sun coming up.

Hey I will give him those 800 jobs from Carrier Air Conditioners.
He still has a little further to go to match the nine million jobs created under Obama.

*Part time

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join