It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel Prize - winning Economists give Trump policies a fail!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well it look s like the establishment experts do not like the Emperor’s economic tricks. The experts have called him out!
If the US goes into recession, then the world will follow. Can a pack of economists be wrong??

To be honest I cannot abide the ugly angry male but in all fairness how many economists predicted the last recession BEFORE it happened? Stigliz is particularly down on Trump's policies.

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 9-1-2017 by Tiger5 because: Insert Hyperlink

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
Well it look s like the establishment experts do not like the Emperor’s economic tricks. The experts have called him out!
If the US goes into recession, then the world will follow. Can a pack of economists be wrong??

YES

To be honest I cannot abide the ugly angry male but in all fairness how many economists predicted the last recession BEFORE it happened? Stigliz is particularly down on Trump's policies.

As did the governor of the Bank of England...... before Brexit

he redacted that statement last week

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
These are the people who received their Nobel prizes from the same place Obama got his?

Right.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They gave a Peace Prize to O'Bummer before he even took office. What do you expect from a group made up of "Liberal Loons" ?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

After reading the article I lost count of how many times the word "could" appeared.

The one guy would not even speculate how bad it "could" get.....

Also, does trump get to blame the previous administration for things not working out?
That was king putts M.O.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Doesn't some group of experts somewhere ALWAYS say things like this?

What makes this new news?

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OK You have a democratic right to disagree but how many of you are actually economists? Also how many of your have won Nobel Prizes in anything? No The Head of the bank of England did not win a Nobel prize and is not currently working as a senior economist!

Did any of you read the article?? All that I am seeing here is the same boring Fan worship that got us into the mess in the first place.

Here is the Western political mantra " The new POTUS can do no wrong". Now face the rising sun and chant it for two hours whilst clutching your money, as this will surely preserve your wealth!

Disgusted!

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So we have managed to accumulate $20 trillion in current debt, with consistent trade deficits. But, we should continue the current policies because trying something new might crash our economy. LOL

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well, we are in the mess we are in today because of all these experts. Remember the political experts that said Trump would never win the election. It looks like Trump is smarter than these so called experts.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Well technically they didn't say the current economic plan is worth a crap either.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I guess he would be okay with continuing Obama's policies (The policies that double our debt from our country's inception from $10 Trillion (1776-2008) when he took office to $20 Trillion now).

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

All economics are more or less spinners in the bankers insane web. Like insane missionaries trying to convert all souls to their flawed religion based on ignorance. You do not ask economists for a good solution. Technicians can create societies without flawed fiat based debt systems based on the power pyramid.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Experts? Bah! Lmao, Obama picked up one of those "distinguished" awards too for doing JACK SH!T. I see the world of the past trying to set up failure for the world of tomorrow. If the economy fails, it's a result of the tool who's been in office the last 8 years.. not the a$$ taking office in the next week. Additionally, everyone knows the economy is a fabricated system now which is destined for major reform and with that said there are thousands of us who deserve that Nobel prize too. So I congratulate all of my fellow Peace prize brothers... common sense prevailed without bullsh!t acronyms tied to the end of our names. This society is a joke.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeeeeah the peace prize has lost all meaning to me...

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
policies?...trump's presidential policies?....maybe after he figures out what they truly are, he'll let the rest of us know.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
These are the people who received their Nobel prizes from the same place Obama got his?

Right.

Actually no the memorial prize for economics is awarded in Sweden, the peace prize in Norway.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5
OK You have a democratic right to disagree but how many of you are actually economists? Also how many of your have won Nobel Prizes in anything? No The Head of the bank of England did not win a Nobel prize and is not currently working as a senior economist!

*Shock and Awe* The irony..... Blair and Bush were nominated for the Nobel Peace

prize in 2002. which IMO devalues the status of receiving such an award.

No I am not an economist as such .....

However on a lifetime of no more than the average salary. I own a reasonable

property, have savings, and my own transport and dont have any debt.

Hmmn ..... I think maybe I would qualify

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
I guess he would be okay with continuing Obama's policies (The policies that double our debt from our country's inception from $10 Trillion (1776-2008) when he took office to $20 Trillion now).

good thing we didn't have any type of congress that actually legislates spending bills, or, who actually worked with the president on budget bills....we had Obama the "king", and we all know he just waved his hand and created that extra 10 trillion.....sorry, stupid doesn't work here, go to those right-wing sites where you can receive unanimous pats on the back

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
policies?...trump's presidential policies?....maybe after he figures out what they truly are, he'll let the rest of us know.

SO it is Miller time now until the inauguration??? Try this one out....The Time he spends tweeting about Meryl Streep could be best spent actually working out how to fix our country.... The time he wasted Tweeting BS will never ever come back - fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The same groups of economists are the same ones that never thought the mortgage markets in the early 2000s would give us the biggest meltdown since the 1930s either.

Uneducated people don't cause worldwide instability. It's always the "experts" every time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join