It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Causality and Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Psychology should be based on methodical methods and systematic approach based on empirical data, from my point of view, it has it problems, not cause of the people working in the environment, but because cause the data is corrupt cause of metaphysical approach from people without a genuine understanding in the anatomy in the human mind..
For better words, learn a chicken to bark in a dog pound..

A psychologist will rarely be objective, more likely subjective and also biased to the knowledge, understanding and experience hir has.
--

A mentor asked me to place four families in a room, from different background and education, from poverty to professors.. And explain to them from a neurological point of view that their children will never adapt to society, now put in a variable of causality and effect.. What will happen?..
It wasnt really difficult to see the effect by just putting in raw data..

Now he said;" Give an ordinary loving human being with an education in psychology only the positive tools to work with trying to reach an ideal state of mind and let hir explain it to the four families with children, now put in a variable of causality and effect.. What will happen?..
The effect was positive, in a view that humanity understood..

Their work is metaphysical,but important, it offers hope and love..

So whenever you are gonna explain something to these four families, think of causality and effect, and What Would The Psychologist say?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
...and What Would The Psychologist say?

How would you like to pay for todays' visit? Cheque, Visa, Mastercard or cash?

Having a strong optimistic outlook on life and probability outcomes are the way to go. Some people are just negative to begin with and are too stubborn to change mentally.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Or you could summarize it into some common sense

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Or you could summarize it into some common sense

IMO, the best psychologists are the ones that come across you with a humanistic approach...the ones who talk with you rather than at you, ya know!?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang
If psychologists are so good at their job there wouldn't be any murderers. As this sure cause and effect would pick up the murderous trait before it had time to express itself. Take off your rose coloured glasses as the human mind is not a computer, noughts and ones. It cannot be rationalized so easily or compartmentalized.
What works for one might not work for another and there you have the problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
If psychologists are so good at their job there wouldn't be any murderers. As this sure cause and effect would pick up the murderous trait before it had time to express itself. Take off your rose coloured glasses as the human mind is not a computer, noughts and ones. It cannot be rationalized so easily or compartmentalized.
What works for one might not work for another and there you have the problem.

Then many doctors who attempt to treat cancer should also seek psychological help for killing people with drugs.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Never had a shrink, but yeah.. Psychologists should be used as a medium, problem is that nowadays they are field of their own, making some weird s# based on idealistic view on what it means to be human.. They went back to the ancient philosophers of Greece and approached them instead of having reality based, empirical work methods..

Anyone can just swap a few words here and there on the past and claim " NEW SCIENCE! "

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yeah you are going into metaphysics and trying to make it into reality..

Sam Harris, despite me thinking he has biased agenda, clearly pointed out. Human mind is already pre-programmed with each and every move you do long before you even do it, and its you who think you made a choice but in reality you didnt.

Now you explain to me what the human mind really is?

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If I could psychologists would be out of a job. I don't know, neither do you but more importantly neither do psychologists.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Sam Harris, despite me thinking he has biased agenda, clearly pointed out. Human mind is already pre-programmed with each and every move you do long before you even do it, and its you who think you made a choice but in reality you didnt.

So who is the puppeteer? What drives some people to do crazy things if it not their will in doing so in the first place? If it is pre-programmed...then god help us all if WW3 is also pre-programmed in all of us

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Different fields of science, Its like a Librarian trying to become a writer, cause the librarian read many books..

The last statement made no sense..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I like stories, just dont like to be in them..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I was expecting the wrath of BO XIAN (ATS member) on your thread. He is a retired psychologist and a university lecturer. He is an opinionated, contentious poster. I just checked and he hasn't posted since August.

I kind of agree with you in the sense that many psychologists are pushing this idea of pathologizing human emotion. For example, your partner leaves you for someone else. You feel down, you go through some or all of the grieving process. You pick yourself up and move on. Only a tiny fraction have difficulty. I mentioned this to BO but he was adamant that I was wrong. He said that everyone need lessons on handling bad experiences. To me this is just infantilizing the general public.

edit on 8-1-2017 by Morrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

I would actually want to hear his opinion on this

new topics

top topics

join