It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entertainers out of touch with Society

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have been watching the news, reading articles and seeing interviews for the past few months and I came to a conclusion that all those big paid entertainers are out of touch with society and they must feel that just because they are rich and famous, made a record or movie that it gives them the right to tell the rest of us poor slobs how to think and feel.

I’m so sick of all the BS just like all the award shows like the Golden Globes, all these Award shows are for the rich to get together and rub elbows and spend all that money for what, to make them feel good.

Had to laugh, was watching one of the news channels and they were talking about Climate Change and that Leonardo DiCaprio shed a tear when Obama was talking at the United Nations, I’m Sitting here saying Really, your concerned about the climate when you’re flying around in your private Jet, get real.

Or Mariah Carey mess up on New Year’s Eve, thinking that she’s all that, you messed up get over it, Milli Vanilli did. Personally I think she was drunk or something.

Or all those Entertainers that said that if Trump wins that will leave the country, like that was going to persuade any of us to change our votes, still waiting if any of them did leave or not.

I guess my point to my rant is most of them just don’t remember were they came from and the money and fame went to their heads, there are some great entertainers out there that do good deeds all the time but you never hear of it, but for the most of them I would have to ask them this.

When was the last time you did, dishes, laundry, repaired your home, cleaned up after your pets, mowed the lawn, stood in line for anything, balance your our own checking account, paid your own bills personnel, I guess the list could go on.

Just because they are entertainers and are rich and famous don’t be tell me what I should be doing or thinking. At least I am real as it comes and I am not rich and like the rest of us (ATS) I have been helping society, by recycling, donating to good will, reusing items, growing own food, cutting cost to save on heat and electric ect.

I feel dirty now thanks to all the Entertainers.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

You should add most politicians and very wealthy people, not people knocking down a couple 100,000,000 grand a year but people who have 10 zero's behind their liquid assets count.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The crazy thing is people look up to these entertainers, empower them
I can't watch a tom cruise movie, the guy is an idiot and people respect him

Ok, I can watch a TC movie but he is an idiot
It's not him, it's the people who empower him

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Heh,You could add President elect trump in the mix,after all He's an "entertainer"..

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Not anymore, now he is the president of the most powerful nation on earth! Wait for it, here comes the Russia and China worshippers!a reply to: greydaze

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm kind of proud that nowadays I don't know any super new music and don't recognize many big names in movies and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! Many do have integrity though and do what they can. Can't say I'd turn down a fortune but, certainly could do without fame.

A couple good eggs in the entertainment biz I can pluck off the top of my skull would be Matt Stone and Trey Parker, they mercilessly eviscerate pop and political culture. Keanu Reeves, Michael Jordan and Will Smith give oodles to charities and don't go about virtue signaling about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Heh,You could add President elect trump in the mix,after all He's an "entertainer"..
And I can't think of anybody who is more out of touch with society than Trump.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Long time ago i hit on a lady in a bar , nothing new about that at the time . Anyhow she gets all uppity and says , im an actress on @@@@@@@@@ . Who knew i wasn't one of the 4 people that watched . Just looked and said " so you play make believe for a living , oh and by the way sweetheart gravity is winning the battle with those tits " Oddly enough she sought me out later . And . No i didnt .

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

The 60 million or so members of society who voted for him indicates that you have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Seriously, a lot of them do.

This is a survey that shows that based on your life experiences, you can end up isolated in a bubble where you are completely out of touch with other folks' reality in this country.

I scored a 50 in this btw.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

How about the guy he is replacing?
He's the poster child for cluelessness.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
They are just gatherings of luvvies. A way to flaunt their egos and vanity.

Yet people watch these shows. People worship their celebrities.

Don't worry. Just laugh at them laughing at you.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

To become a celebrity entertainer you have to sell out to the system, promise to help keep everyone asleep . The reward is status, money and stuff.

They have their reward.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Robbie Williams had to disinfect himself after touching members of the public.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Just took the the quiz scored a 72, but it still don't explain to me why they are so weird when they get rich and famous

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Society is out of touch with society...

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
a reply to: ketsuko
Just took the the quiz scored a 72, but it still don't explain to me why they are so weird when they get rich and famous

I think I scored a 50 because I stopped watching TV and participating in a lot of mass market stuff. I still have my small town country roots though.

I also love to fish when I can. I do my own baiting and take them off the hook, too.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
I’m so sick of all the BS just like all the award shows like the Golden Globes, all these Award shows are for the rich to get together and rub elbows and spend all that money for what, to make them feel good.

This week I was in a waiting room and picked up an entertainment magazine. After 15 mins. of mindlessly flipping through the pages before putting the magazine down, I wondered: Who ARE these people and why are they featured in a magazine?"

Award shows: Tis the season which means this time of year they roll-out these shows one after another followed by network and cable "news" shows spending another two days commenting on outcomes/wardrobe/statements. Wasting two hours watching over-paid celebrities high-fiving one another and basking in artificial, temporary glory masked as admiration delivered by their peer group while hoping to get 40 seconds to make a political statement isn't my idea of entertainment.

But back to your OP title question--I'm happily out of touch with celebrities.

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I haven't asked a mod yet, but is there a new rule that any subject of thread, end up as political bs?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join