It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat consumption ban is mandatory - necessary temperatures to eliminate BSE pathogens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Although this will be impossible to pull off due to humans not wanting to give up eating meat there are legitimate health risks people need to consider:

1. Recalls happen all the time and the USDA/FDA routinely reports allergens, bad batches, and contamination in our food supply. Here is a FSIS Recall list.
www.fsis.usda.gov...

2. Every year there is hospitalization and quarantining of sick patients due to our food supply. Although many cases are not life threatening, others are.

E. coli

Healthy adults usually recover from infection with E. coli O157:H7 within a week, but young children and older adults have a greater risk of developing a life-threatening form of kidney failure called hemolytic uremic syndrome. - Mayo Clinic

Scholarly articles on infections from African bushmeat

lymphotropic viruses among African bushmeat... - Wolfe (cited by 361)
simian immunodeficiency viruses in primate Bushmeat... - Peeters (cited by 285)
acquired simian retrovirus infections in central Africa... - Wolfe (cited by 393

Links to download full articles: scholar.google.com...://www.mosaic.cm/downloads/Wolfe_PNAS_PTLV.pdf&hl=en&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm3Pa01loFEjo0SIi_zU93RF4Y7aZQ&noss l=1&oi=scholarr
wwwnc.cdc.gov...
scholar.google.com...://www.jhsph.edu/research/affiliated-programs/walter-reed-johns-hopkins-cameroon-program/documents/Paper s/Wolfe2.pdf&hl=en&sa=X&scisig=AAGBfm03flakQ7nclbks4GkANjyE-5qO1Q&nossl=1&oi=scholarr

High risk of food borne illnesses from chicken
www.mnn.com...

The high number of hospitalizations for chicken comes courtesy of Salmonella.

Along with Salmonella, Clostridium perfringens is the most commonly reported cause of illness caused by chicken. While outbreaks linked to chicken rarely make dramatic headlines, chicken recalls can be large. All together, 127 million pounds of chicken and chicken products were recalled between 1999 and 2010.

Surprisingly, most of those recalls included fully cooked ready-to-eat foods and not fresh uncooked chicken, as one might expect. - mnn.com

High risk of food borne illnesses from ground beef
www.mnn.com...

There were more than 140 individual ground beef recalls during the period, resulting in a total of 70 million pounds of ground beef recalled during the 12-year timespan.

E. coli, which leads to a high rate of hospitalizations, was responsible for more than 100 of the outbreaks.

Ground beef has also been the source of many outbreaks linked to antibiotic-resistant Salmonella strains. E. coli and Salmonella strains can both cause severe illnesses leading to hospitalization, long-term health problems or death. - mnn.com

High risk of food borne illness from turkey
www.mnn.com...

turkey creates the fourth highest level of foodborne illnesses, and like chicken, the illnesses were most often associated with Clostridium perfringens and Salmonella.

Clostridium perfringens thrives on cooked foods left at room temperature for too long ... like the holiday table. And in fact, November and December are the months with the highest number of turkey-associated Clostridium perfringens illnesses.

As well, consumers unaccustomed to handling whole, giant, raw birds also lead to food safety issues; simple handling mistakes can easily cross-contaminate kitchens and side dishes. Overall, 33 million pounds of turkey meat were recalled from 1999 to 2010. - mnn.com

Medium to high risk of barbecue beef and pork
www.mnn.com...

Barbecue is a counterintuitive one because of its long cooking time.

But the low, indirect heat and post-cooking handling techniques of barbecue make it risky. Barbecue beef or pork most commonly sickens with pathogens Staphylococcus aureus and Clostridium perfringens.- mnn.com

3. Our normal cooking temperatures are simply not hot enough to destroy these invisible life-threatening bacterium.

A user from a different thread brought this up to me about temperatures needed to eliminate transmission.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Exposure to 600°C completely ashed the brain samples, which, when reconstituted with saline to their original weights, transmitted disease to 5 of 35 inoculated hamsters. No transmissions occurred after exposure to 1,000°C. - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

This excerpt is controversial but Billy Meier's contact report about BSE pathogens might also be true.
theyfly.com...

249th Contact, June 13, 1994:
Still speculative: In response to a question Meier asked regarding "mad cow disease", Ptaah stated that "BSE pathogens cannot be destroyed by simply cooking the meat and other items, or by producing meat meal", and that the temperatures necessary for killing the disease-causing prions would need to be "as high as 700°C [1292°F], and possibly even up to 1000°C [1832°F], for previously mutated pathogens that have existed for some time now". Our scientists have been raising their own estimates as to the temperatures necessary to destroy the disease-causing prions and are now more closely approaching the temperatures that the Plejaren, Ptaah, stated.

4. Symptoms to an infection sometimes doesn't show up until years later. You may already be infected and don't know it due to it's long incubation period.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), commonly known as mad cow disease, is a fatal neurodegenerative disease (encephalopathy) in cattle that causes a spongy degeneration of the brain and spinal cord. BSE has a long incubation period, of 2.5 to 5 years, usually affecting adult cattle at a peak age onset of four to five years.

Prions
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Prions cause neurodegenerative disease by aggregating extracellularly within the central nervous system to form plaques known as amyloid, which disrupt the normal tissue structure.

This disruption is characterized by "holes" in the tissue with resultant spongy architecture due to the vacuole formation in the neurons.[50] Other histological changes include astrogliosis and the absence of an inflammatory reaction.[51]

While the incubation period for prion diseases is relatively long (5 to 20 years), once symptoms appear the disease progresses rapidly, leading to brain damage and death.[52] Neurodegenerative symptoms can include convulsions, dementia, ataxia (balance and coordination dysfunction), and behavioural or personality changes. All known prion diseases, collectively called transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs), are untreatable and fatal.[53]

There is a vaccine being tested on mice however.
edit on 7-1-2017 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What about the salad recalls?

We can't stop eating everything.

Just take simple precautions and minimize your risks.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: supermilkman

So where is this "ban" ?

Your thread title says "Meat consumption ban is mandatory"

Where is this ban mandatory?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
They can have my bacon when they pry it out of my cold dead hands .

Not giving up meat to make a bunch of tree hugging idiots happy .

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am not sure of the motivation behind your post but ...

You seem to be part of this new wave of people that crave government regulation, the government cannot replace common sense, if you do not want to eat meat don't...Why force your views on others ?

There are many problems with our civilization, banning meat will solve nothing , if anything it will push more people into starvation and malnutrition ....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Damn.... talking about all this turkey and chicken is making me hungry. I am going to get some meat to eat.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Every time I've seen or heard about people getting sick from meat, it's always been for one of the following reasons:

1) Improper handling and sanitation.

2) Improper cooking.

3) Cross Contamination.

I've known more people to get sick from eating plants that were treated with pesticides than people who have gotten sick from eating meat.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermilkman
Although this will be impossible to pull off due to humans not wanting to give up eating meat.

If you are impying that vegetarians might be sub human, i would have to agree with you.

edit on 7-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My pat response to these kinds of conversations is always, If you didn't bleed it out yourself or don't personally know and trust the person who did, you cannot know what you are putting in your mouth.

The problem is not meat. The problem is our food supply chain. I seldom use meat from a factory. I prefer to slaughter and butcher my own. I get a goat or a sheep from a neighbor and do it myself. I know what I am eating. I know where it came from. I know what it was fed. I know how it was handled.

That's the only thing that will keep you and your family safe.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Spinach is just as likely to infect you with ecoli as bacon.

It's not about the product, it's about the conditions it's prepared in. Mass manufacturing food is bad.

If you want to ban meat, do it over some REAL issue, like massive overpopulation of our species, or the environmental impact of our mass meat farms.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gspat

Well I guess we produce enough anti-bodies to prevent most serious illnesses. Nature has it's cures and curses as they say.

Still, people have died in the past due to infections. This shouldn't be overlooked.

Personally I'm more into a NASA-like diet. I make protein paste. I don't think full course meals are necessary. If anything we overeat.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
OP has tried pushing this agenda in a couple threads now. It's just nonsense vegan propaganda.

Humans are perfectly adapted to eat meat and vegetables. We are at our most healthy when consuming a balanced diet.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Gonna have to agree with others, basically thought the same, eating veggies is faced with the risk of being sick as well.

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: supermilkman
Although this will be impossible to pull off due to humans not wanting to give up eating meat.

If you are impying that vegetarians might be sub human, i would have to agree with you.

edit on 7-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: spell check fail

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
There are more problems with produce than with meats. Meats are cooked, lettuce and other salad veggies are not. The recommendations for cooking chicken leave the chicken kind of hardly cooked enough. I cook all chicken till it is very tender. That way by the bones it is sure to be completely cooked.

We get our beef locally and I know the place that processes the meat and also the farmers that grow the cows in that area. There is a federal inspector in that place, it is clean and they do a real good job.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It's not an agenda, it's called science. You just don't want to stop eating meat akin to a drug addict who doesn't consider the health risks to doing drugs. It's called confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
i lift weights. training to bench 400. one of the reasons gains are simple i eat pastrami for breakfast lol. plant protein is a joke compared to red meat.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Spinach is just as likely to infect you with ecoli as bacon.

It's not about the product, it's about the conditions it's prepared in. Mass manufacturing food is bad.

If you want to ban meat, do it over some REAL issue, like massive overpopulation of our species, or the environmental impact of our mass meat farms.

Yes, there is good reason to believe that vegetables can be just as dangerous. Prions actually exist in plants as well.

I understand you can't have a perfect food supply without some germs or contamination but we can at least mitigate it.

And yes, over-crowding is a major issue. Both in slaughter houses and with the human population. Refer to my other thread "Wetlands and infectious diseases."

(post by supermilkman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've never been sick from food I gathered and prepared myself.
I have more than once caught a screaming case of the trots from restaurant food.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

To gain muscle mass you need about 200 grams of protein a day (50 grams of protein is considered 100% daily value.) We actually consume more protein than what is actually needed.

Anyways caloric consumption has to be slightly higher than calories burned to gain muscle mass.

And I know a lot of that guys that are benching well over 315 are on gear.

So if you're like all of the other meat heads you probably eat a lot of food, drink shakes, take steroids and supplements possibly in combination with diet pills and/or synthol.

How close am I?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join