It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: CNN Earns Title Of Least Trusted Cable News Network

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Looks like a new poll is showing CNN as the least trusted news source on cable TV !!

No surprise since CNN has been embarrassing themselves for the entire year of 2016.

Their fake news meter reading is also very high especially since Nov 8th 2016.

They have a bunch of "stars" on their shows that leave much to be desired as well.

Remember this is only cable TV, not regular broadcast like ABC, CBS and NBC.

CNN is the least trusted cable news network, according to a new poll published Wednesday.

The survey, conducted by Rasmussen Reports, found that 75 percent of likely voters watch at least some cable news each week.

Of those, 42 percent watch Fox News, 35 percent CNN and 19 percent MSNBC.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
But polls lied about hillary winning, i know the only real polls are the ones that fit your propaganda, am i right.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like a new poll is showing CNN as the least trusted news source on cable TV !!

No surprise since CNN has been embarrassing themselves for the entire year of 2016.

Their fake news meter reading is also very high especially since Nov 8th 2016.

They have a bunch of "stars" on their shows that leave much to be desired as well.

Remember this is only cable TV, not regular broadcast like ABC, CBS and NBC.

CNN is the least trusted cable news network, according to a new poll published Wednesday.

The survey, conducted by Rasmussen Reports, found that 75 percent of likely voters watch at least some cable news each week.

Of those, 42 percent watch Fox News, 35 percent CNN and 19 percent MSNBC.

Cut the cable years ago.

Any time I catch MSM news either sitting in restaurant, airport, or clips on here... I am struck by how much everything is pure BS and spin.

There is no "news" in those broadcasts.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
But polls lied about hillary winning, i know the only real polls are the ones that fit your propaganda, am i right.

An interesting exercise in logic indeed !!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'll bet getting dubbed the name "Clinton News Network" didn't help their cause

CNN - least trusted MSM network, Clinton - least trusted candidate

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Most Republicans (72%) watch Fox, while 50% of Democrats would rather view CNN. Voters not affiliated with either party are evenly divided between the two,” according to Rasmussen.

This is the most important part of the article. This poll is similar to studies that have shown Democrats (Leftists) use a wide variety of sources they use to inform themselves, while Republicans (The Right) are less diverse in how they consume information.

That would explain why the ideology and rhetoric coming from the Right is very lock-step. They talk the same, they think the same and that is because the majority of them are tuning in to the same propaganda.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

And no news agency quite deserves these honors quite so aptly as CNN, the number one propaganda channel in the USA

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think they both suck eggs. Course Im an independent, but I still know better than to vote for a Clinton or watch CNN

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I think they both suck eggs. Course Im an independent, but I still know better than to vote for a Clinton or watch CNN

I do not watch tv, but I do check-out content from a number of sources, including both CNN and Fox.

That being said, I think if anyone takes the award for #1 propaganda outfit in cable, it would be Fox. After all, they have the viewers. They have the captive audience that tunes-in for their daily dose of confirmation bias, while CNN's captive audience is usually sitting in the airport waiting to board a flight.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I can't find it now, somewhere it said more people tuned in to Homes and Gardens (HGTV) channel than cable news.

Maybe thats why they keep repeating the same story over and over, nobody is listening...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I just had a good laugh, your characterization was brilliant...haha still laughing

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

And no news agency quite deserves these honors quite so aptly as CNN, the number one propaganda channel in the USA

The scary thing is ......... when travelling or on business in mainland Europe, CNN is the ONLY English speaking News channel available on hotel room tv.

Pinch of Salt on their coverage comes to mind

link   
As an avid CNN watcher until recently, i noticed a major change pre Brexit vote. That seems to me when they turned that corner. In the lead up to Brexit, they heavily promoted for a stay vote. There complete surprise when the vote passed to exit was astonishing. I could not believe they got it so wrong.

Then came the US election. I was utterly amazed by their pro Clinton support. There smugness and holier than thou approach came back and slapped them in the face like a wet fish.

I had nothing at stake in either vote being from Australia, but to use an old aussie saying, their bias stood out like dogs balls.

link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

No poll is 100%.

But you do understand the difference between a poll of a current opinion verses one that attempts to predict a future act?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Just have to add, look at their live chat on Youtube. Mostly a bunch of disgusting racist idiots. I was told to check it out for a mark on modern society. No mods, it was a complete circus act of stupidity. I would not have believed without seeing it. SMH

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think they are the least trusted because they try and present themselves as the middle of the road between MSNBC and Fox, but they seem to lean pretty hard to the left.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

If it's a CNN poll, I wouldn't trust it.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I can't find it now, somewhere it said more people tuned in to Homes and Gardens (HGTV) channel than cable news.

Maybe thats why they keep repeating the same story over and over, nobody is listening...

No , more people watched HGTV than CNN . HGTV came in 3rd behind Fox and ESPN ,
Get it right

One source of 1000s

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I did a thread on that a few weeks ago, here`s the latest viewer ratings:
TOP 25 AD-SUPPORTED CABLE NETWORKS Ranked on Total Viewers CNN is ranked #16,lower than networks such as the FOOD channel and the cartoon network. Fox news is ranked #2 behind ESPN at #1

For viewers 18-49 CNN doesn`t even make the top 25 which tells us that most of the CNN viewers are over 50 and under 18.

Home and garden TV actually does pretty well they are consistently in the top 10.who would have guessed that so many people like watching shows about homes and gardens.

www.medialifemagazine.com...

edit on 7-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Most Republicans (72%) watch Fox, while 50% of Democrats would rather view CNN. Voters not affiliated with either party are evenly divided between the two,” according to Rasmussen.

This is the most important part of the article. This poll is similar to studies that have shown Democrats (Leftists) use a wide variety of sources they use to inform themselves, while Republicans (The Right) are less diverse in how they consume information.

That would explain why the ideology and rhetoric coming from the Right is very lock-step. They talk the same, they think the same and that is because the majority of them are tuning in to the same propaganda.

Lots of videos show how ridiculous the controlled MSM say the exact same things their puppet masters want. Here's one funny one:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join