It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sliders-the people who can turn off street lights

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
(feel free to repost this to the appropriate forum)

Hello, my name is Cake and I am a slider.

Since my teens I have had a habit of walking past street lights and then they inexplicably turn off or on. I have heard of similar stories but after googling and doing some research i found this isn't a rare occurrence, in fact it's so commonplace that there is a name for it: Street Light Interference.

Apparently there is a logical explanation for the phenomena: faulty light bulbs but I have anecdotal evidence that may hint that might not be the case...

“These bulbs take three to four minutes to light up and have a lifespan of 8,000 hours, two years approximately”

Uh-no. One "streetlight" in my block of flats has lasted at least 8 years and I've got credible friends who will say they have never seen any bulbs being replaced around town in the last eight years, not to mention I've turned lights on! so how does one explain that? I did some experiments and i found out something peculiar-the lights never reacted when I walked passed with an electronic device; for instance i took my smart phone and the lights were not responsive and then I walked back home, left the smart phone there and lo and behold the lights turned off and on again.

So guess what I did? I Grabbed the Television remote and performed the same experiment again...with the same results.

I posted this in the paranormal forum because i'm not sure if it belongs in the science or paranormal forum ; what is to blame for these strange events? As a man of science I will stick with science, however Schroedinger's cat proved that anything is possible and that can apply to the paranormal as well.
edit on 7-1-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

You can't do it on demand, your claim is bogus.

Street lights have thermistors in them which wear out, causing the light to cycle on off (at regular intervals).
edit on 7-1-2017 by intrptr because: Edit ()

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Have someone do a video of this from a distance so we can see.

We used to have light (halide and sodium lights turning on and off on their own. We were told it is a power frequency issue. Power frequency problems have also caused machinery at my steel mill to shut down too

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

do you also find that computers are slower for you than for other people?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Have someone do a video of this from a distance so we can see.

There are youtubes. If the thermistor is failing, then the light will come on, heat up and get shut off at regular intervals. After timing the cycle, people then act like they 'control it' by recording the light turn off as they approach it.

Hucksters that claim to control the wind do the same thing. Waaaait for it...

check the box next to "street light cycling on and off"

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Hey Cake, it is possible to do such a thing without knowing when it will turn off or on.

Did you have the intention to do such a thing? Did you focus your thoughts in wanting to turn off or on the lights?

Our thoughts are energy and can affect these things as they also have electricity.

With much intention and focus, you can turn off or on the street lights.
edit on 09-10-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Notice how he says electronic devices cause it not to happen.. setting it up so he's unable to provide evidence with a camera.

That's just a little too convenient

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Also, if you kick the base of the pole on a street light they turn off too.

Does that make me a Kicker ?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

I guess you didn't read the part about the remote.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
LIghts also turn off around me.

It is not something that I control but even my wife has noticed that streetlights turn off when I walk near them more often then when I'm not with her

I also kill electric watches. They last about 2-3 months unless I buy waterproof (not water resistant) watches. My dad repaired watches when I lived at home. I would always be complaining that the latest watch he had given me stopped. He is the one that gave me a divers watch and that one lasted 2-4 years and I've been buying them ever since.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

It is not something that I control but even my wife has noticed that streetlights turn off when I walk near them more often then when I'm not with her

I also kill electric watches. They last about 2-3 months unless I buy waterproof (not water resistant) watches. My dad repaired watches when I lived at home. I would always be complaining that the latest watch he had given me stopped. He is the one that gave me a divers watch and that one lasted 2-4 years and I've been buying them ever since.

My Dad would not wear a watch because of this.He had to have a wind up railroad watch . If a "doubting Thomas" ever showed up he would ask to wear their watch. The battery would drain within a short while. Dad even consulted with his doctor on this.
edit on 1/7/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Try it around the new LED street lighting and tell me if it still happens.

I've been around many of those old lights and had them go on and off. We had a whole shop full of them. Then we changed to LED lighting - it never happened again.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77

I cannot wear watches unless they're digital. Any others will stop working within minutes of me wearing it, and they will never work again, no matter how many new batteries are put in. That is an absolute fact. My parents discovered this when I was seven years old.

I do it to wall clocks, too, if I touch them or sometimes even stand too close to them. I never touch another person's watch either, because it'll stop working. Digital time pieces are fine, for whatever reason.

This is actually documented in my medical records. No one has ever been able to explain it. However, I do have an extra electrical fiber in my heart, which causes an annoying arrhythmia from time to time. I've always thought that extra electrical impulse is the culprit, but no one knows for sure.

Light bulbs short out around me too, on a regular basis. We're constantly replacing bulbs, and I learned my lesson about purchasing the pricey corkscrew bulbs...I was only dumb enough to do that once. It's been that way my whole life, but it's just one of those things that you kind of get used to. My kid calls it my "super power", but I think it's more like a curse. Why couldn't I get invisibility or pyrokenesis or something useful? Nope. Not this girl. I am a serial clock killer instead. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

We are electrical beings. Maybe you carry a stronger charge then the average person. Do you shock easily?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

also kill electric watches. They last about 2-3 months unless I buy waterproof (not water resistant) watches. My dad repaired watches when I lived at home. I would always be complaining that the latest watch he had given me stopped. He is the one that gave me a divers watch and that one lasted 2-4 years and I've been buying them ever since.

Ah, hey there fellow watch killer, I can do that too!

Digital, analogue, neither like me particularly...I have become something of a watch serial killer over the years, I have even taken the watches to the horologist to see if they could find something wrong, which they couldn't.

Thankfully I too have managed to find two brands of watch that I can wear without messing them up, Swatch and Timex, again they are waterproof too.

I would love to get to the bottom of why it happens, sometimes it has been they have stopped or lost display, but more commonly for me they gain or loose time.

Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You're not alone, it is so nice to find people who have had similar experiences...although mine may be a little less extreme.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've always found this a neat topic. Of course, plenty of the instances can be readily explained, but not all.

Years ago, my friends took it upon themselves to start looking into it since they claimed that I had this impact on electronics and I didn't quite believe them. For me, it was just a normal thing. I didn't know any different and assummed everyone dealt with it.

However, it becomes difficult to deny when each and every streetlight for miles on end would turn off as we approached and then back on as I got further away. Different speeds, etc. all yielded the same results, indicating some type of consistent field.

Like many, I can't wear battery powered watches either, but the most annoying is household lightbulbs. They last 5-7 days before they go. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but that really adds up when it goes on for years in every single house.

CFL bulbs seem to do better, lasting 4-6 weeks. LEDs are the best though and I'm not sure they are impacted at all.

With watches, I just go with mechanical wind, automatic, or really any of the ones that generate their own energy. Rechargeable batteries in general don't seem to be impacted as much either, with some chemistries even gaining a bit of a charge.
edit on 7-1-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I used to notice a similar phenomena when I was a child and had to walk around town. It wasn't conciously done and I chalked it up to confirmation bias. I later read that others have had similar experiences but, there are alot of people, street lights and we are the same species, prone to similar lines of thought.

We do have an electromagnetic field around us generated by our hearts. The watch thing is interesting also. I haven't worn one since I was a child partly due to having a timepiece (cellphone) on me and, I swear they burned out on me real quick. Honestly have no idea how long my peers watches lasted. I also was always hiking up creeks, climbing trees and cliffs etc. One anecdote of odd electric phenomena I experienced growing up, whenever someone charged up a static shock and tried to zap me, they ended up zapping themselves MUHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiamtigertatzen

Interesting.....

I have heard claims from people like you and the OP before.

Surely though if you are emitting an electromagnetic field strong enough to interrupt watches / lights etc etc it could be measured. We can easily measure other electromagnetic fields after all.

Here is an interesting documented case of an 'electric man'

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Serdgiamtigertatzen

Interesting.....

I have heard claims from people like you and the OP before.

Surely though if you are emitting an electromagnetic field strong enough to interrupt watches / lights etc etc it could be measured. We can easily measure other electromagnetic fields after all.

Here is an interesting documented case of an 'electric man'

i wonder this too. Sometimes when i look at my phone while navigating with gps the direction of my arrow's vector will spin or turn about 90 degrees before correcting. Probably just happenstance.

<<   2  3 >>

join