It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in Biblical Times was Hard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have been reading a lot of archeological reports lately and I found this one about an ancient Israeli tomb very interesting. Half of the people there died by the age of forty- very different from today's world. And they hardly ate meat as well, but at least their teeth were good.

I can't help but wonder if the high mortality rate had a lot to do with religion being so powerful back then. I think we will see a similar phenomenon in the future as quality (and duration) of life decreases due to overpopulation and austerity movements like the one the US is about to be hit with January 20th.

www.christiananswers.net...

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

The single most life extending resource on the planet is clean water. I suspect that has always been the source of short life spans. Once animal husbandry began we also had to deal with viruses in a way we didnt as hunter gatherers.

We spoke of Jared Diamonds work in another thread yesterday, if you havent read Guns Germs and Steel, I highly reccomend it, very insightful for just the type of thing your musing about.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Or it could be the fact that antibiotics didn't exist back then and many illnesses would lead to death.

Yes, there could be similar mortality rates in the future, unless we discover alternative antibiotics, that viruses are not resilient to.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I doubt it, health care was not so good and diet was not so wide ranging as it is today

Archaeological evidence indicates that Anglo-Saxons back in the Early Middle Ages (400 to 1000 A.D.) lived short lives and were buried in cemeteries, much like Englishmen today. Field workers unearthed 65 burials (400 to 1000 A.D.) from Anglo-Saxon cemeteries in England and found none who lived past 45. This site and this site has similar statistics.

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Don't forget a lack of our modern medicine, which we often take for granted. We now have anti-biotics, which although are becoming resistant to some strains of bacteria, are still very effective at destroying most of them. Many people used to die from what would be considered now, a simple infection, which could have been caused by a wound or injury or any other number of things.

Sorry, but I don't think religion has anything to do with general life expectancy in historical times

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
January twentieth will not be the start of anything bad. God works in strange ways.

We have been living under Satans rule, the time of deception, for a long time. We could not keep going in the direction we were going in without things coming to a screeching halt.

I am not saying that it won't get worse for some people with Trump, but he will try to get it so there will be more Jobs here in America. Those who were making a living doing unnecessary things under the present fake system we had will need to get a job doing something that is really needed to do. Don't be worrying about things, we ave been living in the world of Satan for quite a while and that means that if you were a deceiver, you did better. This new world order that they were trying to push makes a few people elite and a bunch of pawns. That was not the American dream, that is a nightmare. Funny how people have learned to believe a lie so strongly now.

Trumps presidency will not be much different than it was before if you are a person who likes to work for a living.

A lot of people died from disease and war in biblical times. Reading the Old Testament will show you that. They had lots of lambs and other livestock and they also built ways to preserve grains.
edit on 7-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thats what Im on about, the number one source of deadly bacteria for humans comes via the number one need of humans...water.

There are a great many natural, and quite powerful anti-biotics in nature, however diagnosis and knowledge of the appropriate materials is the issue.

Anti biotics are really of no use to viruses, better for bacteria...but there are more than a few plants, not commonly known that will take a virus like the flu out in hours if caught early...matter of fact I just did it last week for my family. I never presented, my wife only a day, our 6 year old it took 2 days, as I couldnt get her to drink enough of the nasty crap

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Wounds etc are more likely an issue of sepsis

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Thats what Im on about, the number one source of deadly bacteria for humans comes via the number one need of humans...water.

There are a great many natural, and quite powerful anti-biotics in nature, however diagnosis and knowledge of the appropriate materials is the issue.

Anti biotics are really of no use to viruses, better for bacteria...but there are more than a few plants, not commonly known that will take a virus like the flu out in hours if caught early...matter of fact I just did it last week for my family. I never presented, my wife only a day, our 6 year old it took 2 days, as I couldnt get her to drink enough of the nasty crap

I'm curious, what did you use to help fight the virus you guys had? I like studying this stuff and like hearing from people what they used and if it helped. Boosting nitric oxide in the blood can kill viruses, would what you used accomplish that?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I don't think religion has anything to do with general life expectancy in historical times

That's not what I said, I said that high mortality probably made people more religious. Both because there's more chance your life could end at any time, and probably also people had less wisdom as well from shorter lives and less education.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

I don't think religion has anything to do with general life expectancy in historical times

That's not what I said, I said that high mortality probably made people more religious. Both because there's more chance your life could end at any time, and probably also people had less wisdom as well from shorter lives and less education.

Yeah, High mortality could have made people more apt to believe in god.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sure thing mate. Lomatium root tinctured in Brandy and Lobelia whole plant at a 1:10 dillution which is hugely important.
about .5 cc of Lomatium 1:4 and around 7 drops of Lobelia. Ive used this combination for years, decades actually, never fails...I add Osha for Pneumonia and Bronchitis, however it can bring a headach on so I add peppermint as a diaphoretic to releive the head bit and mints are mildly to highly anti viral depending on species IE Lemon Balm is highly and something I will use over peppermint in some cases.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

well nitric oxide is produced in the body from dietary nitrates Beets, Kale and Spinach being quite high for those, but not the herbs Im talking about as far as I know. Lomatium, IE Biscuit Root to the Northwest indigenous folk of the contiguous USA used it in 1917-1920 without a single death from the Spanish Flu. They would chew the root and swallow the juice avoiding swallowing any mark (actual material) as that could bring on a red flushing to the skin much like a niacin flush...this is why I tincture it, we tincture for a year or more rather than the lousey 2 weeks practiced by companies today.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, the US life expectancy dropped for the first time in quite awhile recently... after the enactment of Obamacre.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

No, what you actually said was

I can't help but wonder if the high mortality rate had a lot to do with religion being so powerful back then. I think we will see a similar phenomenon in the future as quality (and duration) of life decreases due to overpopulation and austerity movements like the one the US is about to be hit with January 20th.

Okay, so you reckon that when Trump becomes president, that all of a sudden, we will stop using modern medicine, turn to religion and forget all the wisdom, knowledge and education that the human race has gained over the millennia and start dying prematurely like those in ancient societies again?

Erm, that doesn't make a lot of sense..unless it's a cringe-worthy attempt at smearing Trump, in which case...lol

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Wounds etc are more likely an issue of sepsis

Which is also treated with anti biotics and will cause death if left untreated

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Not eating any meat is what caused people to die young. Lack of enough protein will do that. The industrial revolution happened after it was discovered that protein was the key to a longer lifespan. This is taught in US history class first year of college..

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Most everyone becomes ill from time to time. I was very sick with influenza this year. I didn't eat or sleep for a week. My son came to stay with me and take care of me for a couple days. Had I been living in a stone house, that was heated by a fire, and the fire went out, due to me being imcompasitated , I would have likely died.

I was thinking about this a couple weeks ago. If my natural gas heating went off while I was sick, I would have been a goner

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

anti septics being more appropriate

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Sure... times are harder when there is a lack of natural science. Like the many good options displayed in the posts I read, knowledge is what makes the quality of life lived... primarily anyway.

Just imagine the times, when even thunder and lightning was thought to have been Gods showing a presence... just imagine what the lack of knowledge turns into mystical life events?

I say natural science, because we live in times where the natural order of lives are manipulated through non natural methods to create an imbalance in the natural energy transfer within the body. If we keep pulling on synthetic repairs to what happens naturally in life, then the consequences of such practices are a shorter life span, regardless of the abilities to advance science towards a natural direction and change the now lower life expectancy in people.

Example... we need Calcium to live. Well, taken in unnatural forms causes over calcification internally, yet taken through diet does not do so. I read one post about ancestors not eating enough meat. Well, science has found that proteins in food carry different levels of components of which affect the immune system. Casein, in dairy proteins are linked to cancer cell promoted growth. What other animal in the world consumes the milk of other species? But, do you see science promoting almond milk over cow milk? I think not!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join