It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God creates us and loves us but if you're gay you go to hell?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: auto3000

Most people feel that it would be right and good and normal to have sex with just about anyone they are attracted to, but it's not. Read your Bible. You are supposed to confine that activity to your spouse.

And yet, there is a consistent culture today that says, "If it feels good, do it." That pretty much teaches a lifestyle of instant gratification, the idea that if you are attracted to that man or woman at the bar, a hookup is A-OK, and that kind of lifestyle is perfectly fine.

There are plenty of folks who live that way and are unrepentant about it. They're living in sin as much as any of the people you mention. They have the same issue.

I've held off on posting & have been thinking about how to word this gently, but keep coming up empty on that, so here goes.

I sure don't remember god popping the question to MARY before he knocked her up and poofed. Not exactly a model example of sexual morality there regardless of the eventual end product of said one-night-stand. This is more like Zeus' bed post notches than sinless living.
edit on 1/7/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oddly enough Moses had pre marital sex right there in the bible, he certainly wasnt maried before he lay with ol whats her name in one of her fathers tents ...and hes lookin after the pearly gates

Pretty sure Adam and Eve weren't married either

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Omg thats amazing...hehe thanks for that lmfao, cant wait to show my wife

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

hahaha your picture was like what was going through my head when I wrote my last post...

that was perfect.

thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I personally think the Bible was written by people from a certain time and a certain culture during that time. I think making certain things a "sin" was a way of controlling people.

Let's face it, there weren't nearly as many people back then. Procreating was especially important to build the community. You needed stable families to have a stable community. You didn't want a lot of illegitimate children running the streets, because that wasn't good for the community. It made sense to promote the family structure, i.e., a mother, a father and legitimate offspring being raised together under that mother and father. There wasn't much knowledge about birth control or safe sex, so it made sense to discourage sex outside of a stable marriage.

There was also a lack of knowledge on how the human body works. They thought there was only so much "seed" a man had in him, so it was taboo to waste that seed on things that didn't lead to procreation, like masturbation or sodomy or gay sex.

I look at sex as a gift from nature, God or whatever your belief system is. I think that as long as you are safe and there are no victims - you should enjoy that gift however you want.

I also realize that being gay is much more than just sex, like being heterosexual is much more than just sex. Gay people can truly love each other and be committed to each other and have a life together just like heterosexual people can. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Using that logic, you could post a whole list of pictures of all the great things the US government has built and in the end you could have a picture of the president saying "don't litter".

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Not littering is just a nice thing to practice for environmental and aesthetic cleanliness. A variation of don't s# where you eat, if you will. Keeps you & your environment a bit healthier.

Unless you're watching, someone else masturbating has nothing to do with you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

He creates each one of us in His image, although some of us are born gay. And if we practice a gay lifestyle we are damned to hell to burn and be tortured for eternity.

...and so goes the hypocrisy of religious ideology.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah, God tells us who to poke and who not to especially in Deuteronomy, but he lusted after a 13 year old Jewish girl, knocked her up and then tried to cover it up by marrying her off to an older Jewish carpenter. And then tells us we are going to hell?

Pretty sure Adam and Eve weren't married either

From BlueJacket

Eve was a clone of Adam, being taken and created from his rib. If the stories are true, what does that make humans?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It doesn`t matter to god what you do what matters to god is what your motivation for doing it is.
are you motivated to do something out of love or out of hate?
nothing that is done out of love is wrong in gods eyes, and nothing that is done out of hate is right in gods eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Lol

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe God isn't the problem, it's the religions you're espousing that are.

I know for peoples own cultures that their religions are part of the identity the choose to foster for themselves. But there's no more proof the Abrahamic religions are more real then Hinduism or the religions of the Native Americans or any others for that matter. It's all something someone else said or wrote. that you choose to believe in. Maybe the western religions just aren't as in know as they claim to be.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nemonimity
Maybe God isn't the problem, it's the religions you're espousing that are.

I know for peoples own cultures that their religions are part of the identity the choose to foster for themselves. But there's no more proof the Abrahamic religions are more real then Hinduism or the religions of the Native Americans or any others for that matter. It's all something someone else said or wrote. that you choose to believe in. Maybe the western religions just aren't as in know as they claim to be.
So, for one to be correct, how would one know it?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity
There are some truths written in the bible...and in other religious texts. The one truth, that if everyone would follow and abide, is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as You would have them do unto you... There is more to it than that but that's the gist of it.

If we would just follow that simple rule, I believe we would get along a lot better in this crazy world.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

For the love of God, there is no God.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
I agree in that there is no spiritual ghostly God with magical powers, but I do believe that there are creators out there in the universe, like scientists. I believe the ones who created us are Flesh and Blood just like us but probably more technically more advanced. We have scientists here on earth that can create living things out of nothing practically, so how is it not the same when it comes to flesh and blood brings out there somewhere in the universe.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm not sure there's any benefit to being correct. I mean maybe you will get riches or to keep your body, or get consorts when we die but it doesn't speak well to the deities we worship that we have to be bribed. I guess I've just gotten to a point where I'd rather be damned for trying to be a good person then rewarded for being correct.

Not saying I would be OK with boiling in excrement for all eternity but there's nothing I could do after the fact anyway..

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

+1

If We could all learn to live like that and except our lots in life we'd definitely be a hell of a lot better off.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: nemonimity

So, if being correct can be seen as maybe of no benefit, what's a valid reason for conveying knowledge?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TAECOLE7
a reply to: AMPTAH

Based on the KJV Bible what is a sin?

In the OLD testament, a sin is just an "act" that is against the given law.

In the NEW testament, a sin is also a "thought" about an act,

even if that act is not followed through upon. [KJV, Matthew 5:27-28]

Jesus brought in "a more strict" interpretation of the old laws, and required his followers to

"be more righteous than even the Pharisees." [KJV, Matthew 5:20]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join