It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Russia Had Role in Hacks, Insists There Was No Election Impact

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This particular article has his "before" and "after" remarks.

Trump Says Russia Had Role in Hacks, Insists There Was No Election Impact
by ANDREW RAFFERTY

Donald Trump acknowledged after meeting with U.S. intelligence officials Friday that Russia has waged cyberattacks on America but continued to insist they had "absolutely no effect on the outcome" of the 2016 presidential election.

In a carefully worded statement that avoided more criticism of an intelligence community he has openly feuded with in recent days, Trump stopped short of saying he accepted findings shared across those agencies that Russia waged cyberattacks on U.S. political institutions to influence the election.
Source

Part of his remarks included the following..

"While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions, businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee," he said in his statement, "there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines."

He now says it's a political witch hunt.

So he's stepping back from "absolutely none" to "yes, there was hacking, but it didn't have any effect." What's interesting is that he's even backing off his statement of Russia's innocence to now saying that Russia has been trying to break into government and business sites.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm not saying that Russia didn't want to sew a little chaos, but did they hack Hillary into a terrible candidate?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I guess he's decided to play ball then.
Business as usual now.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't quite see how this is news? Yes other nations try to hack into other nations. Why is this a shocking revelation? Nor is it really a step back by President Elect Donald J. Trump.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
this is not news go to Norse map for daily live cyber attacks

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
All countries cyber attack each other, imagine how many places the USA attacks.

map.norsecorp.com...#/

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So.......

Cyber security expert John Mcafee of Mcafee antivirus company says it really cant be the Russians here and now Trump softens and says Russians did hack the election.

I'm confused....

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So first he said Russia had no influence and now he claims that it's a political witch hunt.

LOL!! Seriously, you can't write a better script for this stuff.

Somewhere in here, he should have said that this is serious and we do need to investigate the matter to get the heat off his back. But Putin's got Trump wrapped so tight around his finger that Trump can't even utter a word of insubordination to his commander in chief.

Someone put on the Volga Boatman song for all Trump followers.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

He didn't change what he said
But believe what you will. Have a good night.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
So.......

Cyber security expert John Mcafee of Mcafee antivirus company says it really cant be the Russians here and now Trump softens and says Russians did hack the election.

I'm confused....

I have to ask, what do you mean by "hack the election"?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Your source claims Trump admitted Russia hacked the USA, but it amounts to a hollow story title with no evidence. He simply says... countries hack other countries, even naming China. I would not take this as Trump claiming Russia hacked the DNC.

Only evidence put forward is.. Russia ran an "influence" campaign to smear hillary and poise Trump. You are taking things out of context.

We all know who else ran "influence" campaigns... and she lost, hard.
edit on 7-1-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2017 by chadderson because: doublepost

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
We may never know the extent of Russian involvement.

But, what we discovered was they are guilty of being themselves.

The content of "Our" Representatives conduct was outrageous.

Do you really expect Trump to say "I won because of Russia".

I loathe people who steal information and make it public.

So, that being said, the content was over the top.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Notice he did not specify the Russian government, which is a major concern being raised regarding the hacking, particularly in light of the fact that it is being referred to as an act of war. He simply said 'Russia', which sounds like he's acknowledging the hack occurred, but then he goes on to say it had no effect on the election outcome, leaving plenty of wiggle room for interpretation. He is actually not admitting anything, nor is he giving closure and laying the concerns to rest, either.

He knows full well that hacking is commonplace...in fact he's stating it, and that the focus is on whether or not he's in cahoots with Vlad. Yet does he say that the Russian government didn't hijack the election? Does he say that his good buddy Putin, the one who said if he didn't get elected there would be a war, the one everybody has been worried about, did not instruct his intelligence to hack into the DNC and/or the voting system? No, he does not.

That is actually a business tactic. When you're trying to close a deal, but to do it, you've got to pretend to agree with something that you actually do not, to appease the other party, that is how you do it. You appear to be persuaded, but you're not actually committing to anything, and if they call you out on it later, you can truthfully say that you never actually agreed with anything.

It's like crossing your fingers behind your back to cancel out the lie you're about to tell. That's what he's doing.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: markosity1973
So.......

I'm confused....

I have to ask, what do you mean by "hack the election"?

Soz, that was a little vague, wasn't it.

I should have said that Trump has now admitted Russia did successfully hack the DNC systems.

I did not mean that they hacked the ballot box per se.

Also.... If you haven't seen this thread, here is the video from Jon Mcafee claiming that Russia did not use the grizzly steppe virus to infiltrate with. Like he says, the footprints are way too obvious. Almost like a deliberate plant to make someone else look guilty obvious. Either that or a really amateur Russian kid hacker did it....

edit on 7-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I loathe people who steal information and make it public.

When it comes to public officials and corruption, I applaud it. Obviously I don't want my info hacked, but I don't hold power over people. Clearly it's a difficult subject, but I'd much rather know what my "leaders" are actually up to than to not know.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

No. Trump did not admit this. The source in the OP is misleading with a title. Upon looking into the context of the source, he makes NO admission of Russia hacking the DNC. Pay attention.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Well, Trump DID insist the election was rigged.

He obviously knew what he was talking about.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Well then that settles it, Americans are Russian stooges.

Trump is THE manchurian candidate.

I guess we are all screwed.

It's really sad people keep going on about the election trying to prove a point. It's over. The guy you don't like is president.

#Stopcrying #Safetypin

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Computer " Hacking " is just another form of the Age Old Practice of Espionage against another Foreign State . Every Countries Intelligence Agencies do it , some Successfully , some Not . The Big Question here in this Story is if the Russian Government was Directly Behind the Attempt , or a " Lone Wolf " was , looking for a Pay Day with selling Information . To date , no U.S. Intelligence Agency has put Forward Any Conclusive Proof of a Direct Connection of Hacking coming from Russian Government Sources .
edit on 7-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join