It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Says Election Outcome Not Affected by Cyber-Attacks. Better Cyber-Security is Coming.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Poor sore losers that are the liberal left. They just can't admit their candidate was more flawed than the extremely flawed candidate who beat her. First they blamed Comey for losing, then the Electoral College of our election process, now the Russians. Which is it?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

...and also confirmed there is no evidence to suggest the election was influenced.

But doesn't he have to say that if his Presidency is to have any credibility? , I'm sure the official narrative will be the same for the same reason.

Hacking being confirmed is not a big revelation.

Not just hacking but actively seeking to influence the election of the US , "leader of the free world"
I believe it is a big deal that could have long lasting consequences , certain Republicans are calling it an act of war.

As to if anything has changed , well I'm sure we will find out in the coming days , weeks and months.

I agree with Biden , Trump needs to grow up ,he's President now.

edit on 7-1-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

...and also confirmed there is no evidence to suggest the election was influenced.

But doesn't he have to say that if his Presidency is to have any credibility? , I'm sure the official narrative will be the same for the same reason.

Hacking being confirmed is not a big revelation.

Not just hacking but actively seeking to influence the election of the US , "leader of the free world"
I believe it is a big deal that could have long lasting consequences , certain Republicans are calling it an act of war.

As to if anything has changed , well I'm sure we will find out in the coming days , weeks and months.

I agree with Biden , Trump needs to grow up ,he's President now.

So explain what is different... wikileaks were active in releasing information in 2008 and 2012.
Hacking has been proven for years.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's your point?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Wikileaks is not a state actor , Wikileaks did not actively try to influence the election or stand to gain from the election of a certain candidate.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Wikileaks is not a state actor , Wikileaks did not actively try to influence the election or stand to gain from the election of a certain candidate.

But the information referenced that "impacted the election" is from wikileaks primarily.
The other information about 'fake news' and propaganda was also prevalent in 2008 and 2012 - The Russian influence is not new.
Nothing has changed, except one thing. The Democrats lost.

The only thing I will concede is that social media has become more prevalent in the last 4 years, and so may have more of an impact now as information reaches more people. Quite silly of the Democrats not to realise this, as Trump so clearly did.
edit on 7/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Republicans John McCain and Lindsay Graham go even further. They say that the Cyber-based tampering did occur..it's an ACT OF WAR, and Russia should pay "dearly" for their attack(s) on the USA election process.

And one of their suggested responses this morning to punish Russia, was the suggestion of bringing oil prices to rock bottom again.
They don't care what other countries get taken out in the process.....

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
windword:

It's real simple. If the stolen DNC emails hadn't been published, Donald Trump wouldn't have had much to talk about during the campaign. His Campaign relied on those emails being leaked on a regular basis.

So, what you are saying is that Wikileaks sought to influence the election as it was Wikileaks who published the material? Those are the only facts we have, all the rest is hearsay and propagandised conjecture, especially Russia's involvement. Would you not really want to know the true nature of a prospective presidential candidate before voting? In my opinion, neither candidate were or are presidential material, but apparently, they were the best America had to offer. I think it says a lot about the country personally.

Those emails, in my opinion threw the election in his direction. He wouldn't have won without those leaks.

Like I said...a prejudiced and biased belief system.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

No, this is what I said:

It's real simple. If the stolen DNC emails hadn't been published, Donald Trump wouldn't have had much to talk about during the campaign. His Campaign relied on those emails being leaked on a regular basis.

Those emails, in my opinion threw the election in his direction. He wouldn't have won without those leaks.

As far as I'm concerned Trump's election is illegitimate and his precedency will be tainted.

edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'll let him know... I am sure he will be just devastated

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

He already knows. You don't need to rub it his nose.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

He already knows. You don't need to rub it his nose.

He is too busy planning for his inauguration as your President at the moment, but I am sure he will get to grieving your lack of support eventually.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah, it's quite a scramble trying to find entertainment, I hear. Also, he's busy sending out tweets, chiding Arnold for his ratings.

edit on 7-1-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Templeton

He has to downplay the interference by Russia because it was aimed at helping him , it's a black mark on his Presidency before he's even started it.

Did he say there was a hack or did he say there is a constant threat?

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

From the statement by President-Elect Trump

“While Russia, China, other countries, outside groups and people are consistently trying to break through the cyber infrastructure of our governmental institutions , businesses and organizations including the Democrat National Committee, there was absolutely no effect on the outcome of the election including the fact that there was no tampering whatsoever with voting machines.
us14.campaign-archive1.com...

In diplomat speak yes I believe he did.
Hacking was just a small part of the campaign that has been alleged to have originated from the Kremlin.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wikileaks are journalists. They can leak whatever the # they want. It's all fair game, just like Trump buying Chinese steel, Trump's taxes, Trump's Access Hollywood tape were all leaked in the election.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join