It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minoans And Their Libyan Connection??:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Spider879
Francis Champollion's letter to his brother, and Gerald Massey's book of beginning, but I first came across it from Diop in his book The African Origin Of Civilization, him quoting Champollion's letter.
the below is from the Book of beginnings.
...(snippage)
I am guessing he meant the book of gates?? however you are in a better position than I to see if Temahu meant created white person or anything remotely like it, but the origin of that term goes back to Champollion.

Okay - what you've gotten ahold of is a source that's 150 years out of date.

The image is found in the Tomb of Seti I - a beautiful tomb, and contains some of the Book of Gates and the Book of What Is In the Amduat - but neither of those mentions foreigners by name (or foreigners... apparently they're not in the underworld or afterlife.) They are identified in another scene, though.

When I went looking further - turns out that most images identified by text as Libyans have skin the same color as the Egyptians (not black, in other words.) This is a consistent convention throughout ancient Egyptian art - (though there is an occasional dark-skinned one). Nubians are the ones shown with darkest skin.

The better rendition of the word for Libyan is "Tjemhu."

I don't think you should follow Massey -- as I read down the page you linked, I notice quite a few errors in spite of his also citing some good (but now outdated) material.

As you've said earlier, the ancient Egyptians called themselves "remetch en Kemet"(discussion here) - the modern term, Kemetians is not incorrect in this sense. I have no idea where "Rut" comes from.

The depiction of foreigners in Egyptian art usually follows certain rules. Syrians and people from the Near East in general are often shown with yellow skin, and wearing bright clothes in different colours; the adult males are shown bearded. Libyans were shown after the Old Kingdom with bright skin and tattoos. Nubians are shown with curly hair, dark skin and thick lips; the adult males are not shown bearded.

...certain ruler of Miam (Aniba) in Nubia, with the Egyptian name Hekanefer, is shown in a Theban tomb as Nubian, while he is shown in his own tomb (in Nubia) as Egyptian.

From here (written by Egyptologist

Yes the Tehennu are are dark like some of the Egyptians , but only some of the Nahasi are coal Black ,ex : some southern Sudanese today , the Puntities are less so, as you might well know, most Black folks you know whether in Africa or the Americas are not licorice black but verge on the chocolate shade side of the game, and facial features vary widely.I remember reading Margaret A Murray in which she described a group of busted tomb robbers was very reminiscent of how so-called modern new world self Id Black folks described themselves in their various forms and shades.. I do get your point that such as I pointed out earlier is dated, but non the less ,need looking into if for nothing else but the historiography .

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join