It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to Fund Wall by US not Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111
What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

This wall will be covered in cctv.. And lol.. Dig a hole under it.. What do you think this is 1800's wild west..

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

What exactly is the point of a wall? Mexicans have ladders... And shovels.. Just seems so pointless.

Well, ask Mexico why they built a wall on their southern border..

How about we ask them if it solved whatever problem they built it for?

It's still up so it must have.

There is no wall on the border, although there are sections of fence near official border crossings.[1] The Usumacinta River as viewed from Chiapas, Mexico. The far bank is Guatemala Photo of a landscape of Mexico-Guatemala border, at the right hand Mexico Entrance to Mexico in the Ciudad Hidalgo border crossing Geopolitically, this border represents much of the western and northern boundary of the region of Central America within North America. It is across this border that most of the

en.wikipedia.org...

let me be clear that I am all for keeping illegals out. I just dont think a wall will work. It needs to be guarded by people not fences.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

This wall will be covered in cctv.. And lol.. Dig a hole under it.. What do you think this is 1800's wild west..

Yeah right like they dont dig effing tunnels. Are you just being deliberately ignorant because you think I want illegals here?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Why do they need a wall for CCTV? Maybe the Mexicans will be delayed 10 seconds with their ladder?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: cavedweller88

It's probably for the best, He found out he couldn't trust the Company's in Mexico who could do it.

If you want something done right, you've gotta do it yourself.
edit on 6-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Aside from prisoners whom sit for years well fed staring and studying the limits of their contraptions that confine them, I bet I could build a wall that keeps wayward people out.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Why does no one talk about a wall with Canada? Im on board with that.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Yeh its a joke the drone can carry the naughty stuff. So that's most of the border guards redundant. The southern agriculture industry relies on Mexican labour and would collapse without it. If you cant get employment why would they bother anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
See, Mexico, Trump isn't so bad after all.. He's making sure we (the US) cover the cost of this wall.. But don't you worry, you guys get enjoyment out of it too!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There are ways to make Mexico fund the wall indirectly, like increasing tariffs at ports of entry from Mexico, increasing costs of temporary and worker visas, taxing goods coming across the border etc. But if you actually want to get it done fast the US is going to have to take the initiative.

Either way it's good to see someone actually doing something about it.

edit on 6-1-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

If Mexico funds the wall, Mexico owns the wall, and the entrance-exit points. Unacceptable. America must own the wall.

On second thought, it might be cheaper to simply catch illegals and bus them back home, after a few months in a "behavior correction" center.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
With Mexico's economy right now, I really didn't expect them to fund it. I saw something about gas prices there being higher than the prices here. And it's the same gas they sell us. It said something about them hiking the prices so some government folks didn't have to take a pay cut. It's a mess down there. The wall is their last priority.

Gas riots..... www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 6-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Link

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Aside from prisoners whom sit for years well fed staring and studying the limits of their contraptions that confine them, I bet I could build a wall that keeps wayward people out.

Not without someone there at all times to make sure they dont climb over it. I would rather towers with snipers every 500 yards. lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Ever heard of electronics? Yo, dig this:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ever heard of electronics? Yo, dig this:
en.wikipedia.org...

Ever heard of rubber gloves? Mexicans have those too.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Source please!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I love its been compared to the walls in berlin and Palestine, caused immense hardship and pain and deeply hated.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Well, duh. Of course Mexico wouldn't fund a wall on our side of the border that is much more important to us than to them. Sure, they may be persuaded to contribute some for a good PR boost or in exchange for something, but nobody really ever believed Trump would get Mexico to pay. That was hyperbole. The people soaked it jn for the mere sentiment.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

There is already a wall along the border.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

There is already a wall along the border.

Hows it working?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join