It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate crime, kidnapping charges filed against 4 in Facebook Live torture case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Source

This is justice.
This is what needed to happen and I actually feel better about our legal system.

Jordan Hill, 18, of Carpentersville; Tesfaye Cooper, 18, of Chicago; Brittany Covington, 18, of Chicago; and Tanishia Covington, 24, of Chicago; were each charged with aggravated kidnapping, hate crime, aggravated unlawful restraint, aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and residential burglary, according to the Cook County state's attorney. Hill was also charged with robbery and possession of a stolen motor vehicle.

I hope they throw the library of books at them.
Life plus 30 years. Each.

"That's when they tie him up and when the racial slurs and, you know, the deference to his mental capacity starts coming out. That's primarily one of the reasons they were charged with the hate crime," said Cmdr. Kevin Duffin, Chicago Police Dept.

Thankfully, they saw the mental capacity as a hate crime.
TO me, it was a hate crime because he was white, and they were black.
I am sure many people agree to that as well.

edit on 5-1-2017 by havok because: added a quote

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: havok
It would have been difficult to claim it wasn't a hate crime against a mentally handicapped white man.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Problem was, too many pundits on CNN have already said it wasn't.
Which is why I am glad to see justice prevail.

I will be watching the hearing on Friday to see what happens.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
good.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Awesome, now we can move on seeing as how they are in custody.

Oh who am I kidding? We all know this and similar stories will continue to be hammered into the ground whether they have any real affect anything or not.
edit on 1/5/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

It is good to see justice prevail, I hope they get the book thrown at them.

LOL - I wonder what CNN racist strategist Simone Sanders has to say about this because in her eyes, it was not racially motivated but resultant from 'Trump' therefore NOT a hate crime - she doesn't know what it is, but it's not a hate crime.

Only violence related to bias against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity are hate crimes.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Oh great. Now how is CNN gonna spin this story into the disabled white kid as being the racist aggressor?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They'll damn sure try I guarantee it!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Which is exactly why I am thankful they will be charged with a hate-crime.
Each one of them.

This is the ugly side of racism that no single MSM outlet wants to touch.
There has to be a reason behind it, and I believe it's an agenda...

So at least we get to see some fashion of justice, and all the talking heads on CNN can suck a lemon.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It is good to see justice prevail, I hope they get the book thrown at them.

LOL - I wonder what CNN racist strategist Simone Sanders has to say about this because in her eyes, it was not racially motivated but resultant from 'Trump' therefore NOT a hate crime - she doesn't know what it is, but it's not a hate crime.

Only violence related to bias against race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity are hate crimes.

I could be wrong, but I do believe they are twisting it as a hate crime against a mentally disabled person versus racist. Either way I am against the whole hate crime issue. The whole hate crime thing was initiated by Eric Holder in 2011. It is nothing more than allowing the government to pick and choose who gets a stiffer penalty based upon skin color/religion, when we already have laws defining crimes no matter what the qualifiers of the victims may be.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

edit on 5-1-2017 by eluryh22 because: removed post because thread closed

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Oh great. Now how is CNN gonna spin this story into the disabled white kid as being the racist aggressor?

He had Trump underoos on?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I read that they got caught because they were making so much noise the neighbor yelled for them to knock off the noise, they went downstairs and tried to break down the neighbors door to get inside. The neighbor called the police and while they were trying to break into the neighbors place the victim escaped.

These thugs were on a crime rampage it`s lucky that they were stopped when they were or there is no telling what else they would have done.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This development is being discussed in this earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

join