It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather teaching ‘Truth in the News’ course

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Perhaps the irony oxymoron of the Century !!

Disgraced "journalist" Dan Rather is apparently teaching a new "course" on ... wait for it .........

“Journalism & Finding the Truth in the News”

Biggest joke of the year !!

Heckle Heckle Jeer Jeer

Dan Rather teaching ‘Truth in the News’ course

Raising eyebrows among some critics, former CBS anchor Dan Rather is now teaching an online course focused on ethics in journalism.

Called “Journalism & Finding the Truth in the News” and offered through Udemy, the class is aimed at both media career aspirants and the general public.

In 2004, Rather came under fire after reporting on a series of unauthenticated documents regarding George W. Bush’s National Guard service that turned out to be fake.

The resulting firestorm cost Rather his position, undermined the credibility of CBS News and fueled the fortunes of upstart political bloggers across the country.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just TOO MUCH absurdity to process.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Don't hear the laughter, what he Reported about Bushie was absolute Truth, what wasn't was the piece of paper he was slipped to derail the information and his career.

Who is favorite Journalist today?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Don't hear the laughter, what he Reported about Bushie was absolute Truth, what wasn't was the piece of paper he was slipped to derail the information and his career.

(from 2004) CBS News apologized Monday for a “mistake in judgment” in its story questioning President Bush’s National Guard service, claiming it was misled by the source of documents that several experts have dismissed as fakes.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What's the frequency Kenneth?
When I was a kid we all thought that the calm and reassuring
voice of truth came to us every night at 6 and 10.
Boy, were we ever wrong! I would love to hear what ever secrets he knows, though.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Isn't Rather the guy they fired (let go) because he was telling too much truth, even for cable news?

Way back machine, he's one of the few in my mind that actually grabbed the devil by the horns, on at least one occasion...

Rather drags Iran Contra through the Bush

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'd be giddy if a primetime anchor reporting live said "The first rule of discerning real news is...TURN OFF YOUR TV! None of this is true stop watching now."

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, but not that story, there was some documentary or something like that I thought I saw with him dong some routine not unlike whistleblower (maybe not quite that far but something along these lines).

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrptr

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, but not that story, there was some documentary or something like that I thought I saw with him dong some routine not unlike whistleblower (maybe not quite that far but something along these lines).

He earned his wings during Vietnam, eventually coming out against the war at the end.

Back when journalists actually had say in their segment content.

Reflections:

edit on 5-1-2017 by intrptr because: Reflections

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

My memory on this is a little fuzzy.... but if I remember correctly it wasn't so much that they ran with bad information... it was that even after the first questions about the legitimacy of the memos came to light.... rather and company doubled down and insisted it was legit.

Had they immediately said, "Oh, wait. We're sorry folks but we've got to take a closer look at this" Dan Rather may still have his job to this day.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Dan Rather is not disgraced…what's disgraced is the MSM who sucked up to George Bush and said and did nothing as Bush started the war based on lies.

Dan Rather can hold his head up high.

What's a disgrace is conservative political hypocritcal dogma
edit on 5-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What ? Parrots in the MSM payroll teaching nowdays! outstanding!

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: ugmold

(from 2004) CBS News apologized Monday for a “mistake in judgment” in its story questioning President Bush’s National Guard service, claiming it was misled by the source of documents that several experts have dismissed as fakes.

Everybody knows that Bushie was a Cocaine sniffing privileged little creep. I'll stick with Rather.

And you still haven't told who, as a Journalist you hold in high regard. Scared?

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
March 11, 2017

The "ICONIC" Dan Rather shares a block-buster revelation!

""We are deeply a divided country," the iconic news anchor told CNNTech.""

Source: money.cnn.com...

top topics

join