It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March and Demonstration on CNN ~ Let's Do This

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

The few real journalists were bypassed for Anchor positions in favor of "Readers." Readers don't develop their own stories or fact-check nor do they care to. It's celebrity status they seek. Hope that answers your questions.

It does. And I don't doubt what you say.

I've seen—and heard of—similar things myself.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Of course they have that right. As do I. I still believe in journalistic integrity however. Public awareness is important as I see it. We're not doing a whole lot of good here.

Nothing wrong with boycotting, I think it's a grand idea and I even listed it specifically in the "materials" package" in the OP...is there any organized effort in that arena? Ideas often seem to get dissipated without organization.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Granted, but then an open counter-movement is a stain that wont go away. That's what makes history books.
edit on 5-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: IAMTAT

That would only make a difference if you had a Neilson box.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Networks get paid from advertising. Find out who sponsors CNN and contact them, tell them as long as they sponsor CNN, you won't purchase their products.

I've never actually boycotted or protested before.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

What better way to get the boycott message out there than to Occupy them? The people out there waiting on the rock to move, hassling their financiers via their smartphones would give them something to do all day. Like a video game!

Good thing they've been pandering directly at the crowd most likely to do such a thing since right about the time the apparency of the pitfalls of the Internet on their "business" model started reaching a total critical mass. What "luck", eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

"Occupy CNN"?

Problem is that CNN is a leftist organization. You'd be tear-gassed, shot, stabbed, tortured, arrested, and be forced to drink from a toilet.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

The pen is mightier than the sword we've heard and you wield yours well. So yay you. I found a couple of links for boycotting movements which I won't link here because I haven't vetted them as of yet to see how responsible they are, but I'm making a list of the sponsors.

Couple that with a demonstration and I bet the sponsors would pay more attention and the numbers of boycotters would likely grow as well.

Like I said: I dunno if there would be appreciable efficacy to a "protest" but spreading awareness doesn't seem "wrong" to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Welcome back, I hadn't seen you post for a while.

Imo i think we need several marches.

1. Black and white March:
to denounce the one sided biased MSM coverage of racial issues.

The MSM only encourages racial tensions by stereotyping groups into victims (blacks) vs villians (whites). It's no wonder there is so much tension as nobody likes to be a villian or a victim. Well with exception of our fellow masons who enjoy being the villians especially the ones that like to cook

2. Republican and Democrat March to demand :
Congressional term limits

Lobbying reform

Public funding and resources for campaign runs.

Close revolving doors between private and got industries.

3. FU MSM and Lobbyist March.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I think a protest against all media outlets against biased media might have more effect.

But you have piqued my interest nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Thanks I-42! I like those ideas. A lot.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the best way to hit any business involved in public consumption is very simple: boycott.

Stop watching. If no one watches, the advertising is not any longer cost effective. That's the root of revenue, thereabouts.

The "Vice News" series on HBO has alternative news, sort of, on HBO every night, now, at 6:30 p.m.

Aside from that, the only way you can kind of be sure of what is happening is to be there yourself, and even then?.......
but great thread and discussion, anyhow.
tetra

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think a protest against all media outlets against biased media might have more effect

Name a truly (or even mostly) objective media outlet, in your opinion. Hell, name three.

Serious question. I'm listening.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

and

finally. . .

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I honestly believe CNN is a CIA network propaganda center.

Why keep Anderson Cooper the most boring guy in the world around for so long with horrible ratings?

He, the CIA intern turned ace CNN network guy and Blitzer and that other tabloid guy

The CIA trades in division, and sinister policies that are geared towards an elite groups interests therefore CNN is perfect for its FAKE Tabloid news.

CNN is the worst and a disgrace to "news", Id be for anything that exposed it for what it is.

Exposed as a tabloid joke and not anything remotely resembling "news"

A no news network

Indeed, a Fake News network

An official government news network

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Name a truly (or even mostly) objective media outlet, in your opinion. Hell, name three.

Serious question. I'm listening.

You had me at "name one." Then you upped the ante!!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I think I'm outraged because my background is "MSM" news and I see that real journalism/journalists have been pretty much excluded from the propaganda business.

Wouldn't that be a good thing?

See statement above and don't forget the Left fake news websites. I do my research and have zero embarrassment. You seem kind of embarrassed about something, however, if your apologetics are any indication.

I don't have to apologize for CNN. Their quality of journalism can stand on it's own, but let's not pretend CNN is a "fake news" site, similar to the sites/outlets I previously described.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hey they cover a lot of real stories, no worries though even if the actual perception of reality they convey is pure distortion if not outright manufactured! As long as they talk about real stories all is forgiven! Woo hoo!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

even if the actual perception of reality they convey is pure distortion if not outright manufactured!

Well, which is it? Distortion or manufactured?

Being biased in interpretation or presentation of facts is distortion. Completely making # up is manufactured, aka fake news.

There is a difference. You can't go around calling every source you disagree with "fake news" and that has become the latest trend in political discourse. CNN being the poster child of that trend.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If you're truly interested, check out this one I wrote many years ago, during the Bush administration mind you, when I was critical of his whole scene everyday and was constantly labelled a 'liberal' around here:
The FIRST Truth

And if that one wets your appetite for truth next see here:
"Freedom" = Imperialism: It's in the Language

And you can thank the MSM for all of that every bit as much arguably even more than we should blame the politicians (it's the Media's job in society to tell us what the world really is and who 'we' really are in it and when the politicians are lying and distorting reality).

And I can take you much much further if you truly want to get REAL... which my upcoming "Double Feature" will take you there and I hope to see you (in part 1 especially)....
edit on 5-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join