It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was "Die Glocke" (The Nazi Bell) a primitive attempt at an EM drive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Since reputable sources for this supposed German experiment are few and far between, i'm mainly just posting this as discussion fodder.

There have been numerous rumors of a German experimental weapon called "Die Glocke" during the later years of WW2 that was a vertically mounted bell-shaped device. Descriptions of the purpose of this object vary widely, with some stories stating that it had some sort of "Area effect" that gelled or crystallized the blood and melted organic matter (supposedly five scientists died while working on this project), while other stories state that it was an Anti-gravity machine. Other aspects of it are either unexplained, like descriptions of it having two counterrotating wheels full of some sort of purple mercury, or one description that states it was made of heavy steel and others that describe it as being made of thin alloys.

So I was looking up the propellant-less drive (EMdrive) that has been in all the science news outlets lately, and realized that a lot of the descriptions of the general shape of this device looks a lot like the waveguide shape of the EM drive. So here's my supposition: I think the Nazis were attempting to harness this effect to create propellentless propulsion. I know that Radar and microwave science was still pretty young in the 40's, and the EMdrive works(still hypthetically, I might add) by emitting microwaves in a waveguide, and I wonder if the reports of the "area effect" damage the device did was a somewhat over-exaggerated description of the effects of pumping ridiculous amounts of electricity into a large microwave emitter.

Anyways, this idea has been bouncing around my head for a week now and I needed to get it out there and see what other, potentially with a rather more solid background in science than I might have, forum users think of this idea.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I know that Radar and microwave science was still pretty young in the 40's

Not only that, Hitler dint like to invest in defense technologies so he neglected the development of radar.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

My hunch is that the 'Nazi Bell' wasn't a time machine, EM drive, space craft or anything of the sort...if anything, the smart money is on nuclear reactor design, since they did actually built at least one other.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The device may have been associated with the enrichment or transmutation of different elements by way of using centrifugal force and high voltage electricity.
edit on 5-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I just thought "Bell shaped object with rumored thrust capabilities, plus "buzzing" vibration, plus discomfort felt by those present during its operation" and thought the most likely explanation would be a bad attempt at an EMdrive. Everything else sounds somewhat mythological, like the mercury substance and counter-rotating rings... very "Vimana" reminiscent to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Based upon my extensive research, the Bell started out as a test bed for a mercury vortex anti-gravity drive system; they experimented with it and found that in addition to projecting anti-gravity fields, depending upon the configuration, it opened up a portal to a worm hole. So, they had the jack pot. They used it on one of their Vril craft and when the craft returned just a few minutes later, it looked like it had been through a war and aged 100 years.

With later refinements, and information provided by "the helpers", they managed to tie the process into creating worm hole/anti-gravity drive system that could carry them to Aldebaran, the home planet of the Nordic ETs. Eventually, that's where Hitler, Sigrun and Maria Orsic went upon escape from the crumbling Third Reich. Sigrun and Orsic are said to have returned in 2001 and are now based in Milan Italy.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No idea here, of course, but fuel was a HUGE concern for the Nazis - they certainly would have additional motivation to try based on that!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I mean if you put a metal object in a microwave oven, it starts to fly around in said oven. Its being thrusted around, in other words. Many reports have damage to skin tissue which looks like a burn, from people who have got to close to this type of craft. So its no great leap that they were experimenting with something like this.

edit on 5-1-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The main problem with these subjects is.. Energy and Weaponry..and you guessed.. control.

If it can be used either for one or both.. It will go deep...deep....deeeeeeeep under.
I don't think that is good, but a part of me understands.
Lets say you have a (portable) high energy source ( free/easy/cheap.. doesn't matter)

At that moment problems start:

1. World economy is based on oil
2. The 1% don't like proven cash-cows slaughtered
3. Energy independence would make people with a minor investment independent of the system
4. Any idiot can buy a GPS controlled drone, hook the device up, and send it to anywhere with any payload. Actually, its not that hard to fit a plane with a GPS and some servo's... or anything else.. as long as you have energy..
5. Long range communication is harder to control
6. Bad people can tweak very bad stuff in a garage

If that isn't bad enough...

7. People would have more free time to create, make love, art ...and... start to think.. Now we are in trouble
!

But as long we are in this system.. It will never see the light of day, unless they can control it and us !
Although ... there is a slight change the internet could play a role in bottom up.. if the technology is simple enough.
I think thats one of the reasons they don't like a free, uncontrolled internet either.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Nice info.

Can you elaborate some more?

I know i go on a limb now.. just thinking out loud.. But if the whole Nazi energy/flying stuff... was true.. It could explain a lot, a whole lot of things that don't add up.

From simple sightings and testimonies... To The Secret Space Fleet !

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Legends tell the bell apparently produced Torsion fields but that's considered pseudoscientific theory as of yet.

en.wikipedia.org...(pseudoscience)
edit on 5-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My understanding of the whole.. of this technique and some other related techniques .. it comes down to moving/throwing things out of order/trajectory while getting replenished by cosmic order, the black sun, Vril, or whatever you wanna call it.
It can be done mechanically (Repulsine ) , or a mix ( like the Bell , the Caroto ) or the It can be done pure electronically, even magnetically .. although the one needs the other.. based on the same concept, and I guess it can be done in many other ways.. even with the mind.. for some or maybe us all.

Disclaimer: This post is entirely a mindflow with now scientific back up watsoever.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think it got away from the Nazis and crashed landed on Dec 9, 1965 in Kecksburg PA.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I think the Nazi Bell was a prototype of what ended up becoming a psychotronic weapon.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Thats a whole 20 years flying around.

Most likely, it was one of the projects we scored during our nabbing of everything over there. Afterwards, researched continued on with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Hidinout

Thats a whole 20 years flying around.

Most likely, it was one of the projects we scored during our nabbing of everything over there. Afterwards, researched continued on with it.
Oh I meant it could have time traveled to 1965 and you bring up a good point, the Bell could have taken by us along with everything and everybody we ended up with after the war. Wernher Von Braun being the best acquisition.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

You nailed it on the head Thank you

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Another great Thread Thank you so much,, Check Out playswithmachines Thread on the "The Flux Liner Revisited"

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the nazi bell was used to call everyone to dinner. a reply to: Slanter

new topics

top topics

join