It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: 'Time for Republicans & Democrats to Get Together' on Health Care Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Considering all politicians seem to be birds of a feather and the Republicans have been that petty for the past 8 years I'm going to go with yes, they are that petty.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don't think the Democrats have any obligation to help eviscerate the health care law. I think they have an obligation to resist and fight on every level.

They should not help to install a Supreme Court Judge that they know will overturn same sex marriage rights and Roe V Wade! They should resist and fight at every level!

They should not just roll over and accept Trump's inept and just wrong cabinet picks. They should fight the good fight as long as it takes, and never give up!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It's a damned if you do, damned it you don't situation. If the Democrats work with the Republicans then it justifies their craziness. If they don't work with them then you get to call them petty. I think the Republicans deserve what they get. It's not like the country fell apart for the 8 years that the Republicans refused to do anything.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
originally posted by: Xcalibur254
nvm misread post.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's not like the country fell apart for the 8 years that the Republicans refused to do anything.

........Or tried to shut down the government because they didn't get their way!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm saying the Republicans were the ones that didn't want bipartisanship. They claimed that the American people had given them a mandate and they didn't need to compromise on anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hopefully, they will consider the midterm elections are right around the corner, if they don't want to consider the citizens of America that will be voting in 2018! 23 democrat seats, 2 Independents that caucus for Dems, and only 8 Republican seats will be decided in short term! If they want to simply be a thorn, many may just pull the thorn out so that America can get on with healing and stop hurting!

link   
a reply to: windword

Yeah. After the # the Republicans pulled, the Democrats have every right not to extend an olive branch to them. I'm all for compromise, but for the ACA they better damn well let the Republicans own this policy disaster they are undertaking.

link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: jjkenobi

Unfortunately I doubt the republican's will include a provision to pay for medical expenses with food stamps.

Obamacare has no such provision. Why would it's replacement?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Oh I see what you said. Sorry I misread it. I'll go edit it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

I don't think you know how this works. The cost of medical care for those who can pay subsidizes yourfree catholic hospital care. Your line of thinking is partly to blame for the runaway medical costs that we are experiencing.

Furthermore, I assume you've got half a million saved in the back for some catastrophic health care emergency? Or perhaps you'd rather just die (and believe that anyone who can't afford to pay up front die as well) and decrease the surplus population?
edit on 01am17famThu, 05 Jan 2017 08:32:13 -0600America/ChicagoThu, 05 Jan 2017 08:32:13 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't think the Democrats have any obligation to help eviscerate the health care law. I think they have an obligation to resist and fight on every level.

They should not help to install a Supreme Court Judge that they know will overturn same sex marriage rights and Roe V Wade! They should resist and fight at every level!

They should not just roll over and accept Trump's inept and just wrong cabinet picks. They should fight the good fight as long as it takes, and never give up!

Guess what, there is thing called Karma, the dems passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote, and the Republicans should be able to do the same unless the traitors Graham and Mccain vote against it.

You know what, I thought a lot of Obamas cabinet picks sucked, but did I call for the Republicans to fight their nominations, no. You and the democrats are childish aholes if you think that is a good idea.

Your side lost, suck it up, what do you think the Republicans had to do the last 8 years.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The Republicans are still in power after being petulant children for the past 6 years (technically 8 but they've only had control of Congress for 6). The Dems will just do what the Repubs did. Blame everything on the current administration and the people will go along with it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Your side lost, suck it up, what do you think the Republicans had to do the last 8 years.

Act like little babies and try to block everything Obama wanted even if it was for the betterment of the country?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The Republicans have put themselves in a very rough spot. For years they have been complaining about Obamacare, calling for it to be completely repealed, and now they have a chance to do it. But they have no idea what parts of Obamacare need to be replaced and what to replace it with.

Their rhetoric is coming back to bite them in the ass.

If Trump and congress are really concerned about doing the best thing for the American people and making healthcare less expensive, they need to completely socialize healthcare. Take the 30%-40% cost of insurance company profit out of the equation.

But they will not do that. They care more about corporate interests than the American people.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

This exactly. Apparently the American public is only concerned with the appearance of getting things done. All the dems have to do is be a pain in the ass as much as possible(just like the repubs the last 6 years) and it will look poorly upon the republican house/senate.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Fine, if the democrats wanna be babies let them...
And hopefully it will be more seats they lose. Good riddance.

I find it appalling how many people support them blocking everything for no reason. I guess Nancy Pelosi was right when she said that Democrat don't want any change.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Exactly. The US leads the world in medical research yet we rank 31 in healthcare. That's behind countries like Saudi Arabia and Oman. Why? Because we treat healthcare as a for profit business and being healthy as a privilege for those that can afford it.

It's funny that there are people that try to claim that the US is a Christian nation and yet we are the only First World nation that treats healthcare in this way.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

let me be clear and lay some facts about my life down for ya. I don't give a damn what other people do about their debt, but i pay mine and have always paid mine. If i did buy a healthcare plan i wouldn't be able to use it because the cost of the plan would take away any extra money i had left. On top of that most plans that i have seen, the one my company offered me that i turned down because it cost to much, has a $10,000 before any of it kicks in and that's not even counting the money that would come out of my paycheck every week to pay for it. So as far as hospitals, take me a Catholic one or let me die, i could give a # less. But I'll tell ya one thing, The Affordable Care Act is anything but Affordable. Put something in that works and doesn't force me to eat Ramen Noodles and peanut butter and I'l think about it, until that, get your damn hand outta my pocketbook.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Guess what, there is thing called Karma, the dems passed Obamacare without a single Republican vote

Exactly so. The Republican's karma is coming back on them. @Trump(doesn't)Care will be there signature legislation! And, they will own it without any help from their opposition, the Democrats

You know what, I thought a lot of Obamas cabinet picks sucked, but did I call for the Republicans to fight their nominations, no. You and the democrats are childish aholes if you think that is a good idea.

So your malaise should be something that your opposition eschews? When did apathy become a virtue?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join