It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Racist Dem Strategist, 'Chicago Torture Video Not a Hate Crime'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: TheBulk

I honestly can't wrap my mind around the MSM being behind this all on their own. This is a tactical/psychological ploy being initiated by the government to divide us to the point of all out violence. I think with what just happened in Chicago we are at a very critical point in our countries history of the people being so damned stupid that the government won't need to go rogue and stomp down on us for their flagrant abuse towards our freedoms, we the people will do it for them!

not The Government. the progressive democrats. they are obsessed with race because they know the American people have no tolerance for racism, so they play that card on every possible occasion.
it is the democrats who constantly play divide-and-conquer in this country. it is the democrats that are obsessed with race and identity politics. it is the democrats that throw around hyphenated-American terms.
(when I say democrats I mean the progressive/leftist/statists that run the party now. a lot of local democrats don't play this.)
edit on 5-1-2017 by ElGoobero because: try to enbold some text

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If a black kid had been kidnapped and tortured by a group of whites, Obama would have had at least 3 press conferences by now. #doublestandards

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

I am very liberal, but I also said that I consider it a hate crime.

Why are you being so hateful yourself?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Sorry, it wasn't directed at you, but it is an SOP for the mental gymnastics exercised by the woman in the OP's video.

I know there are good liberals out there, I used to be one of them. That woman is nothing remotely close to what I would consider "knowledgeable".

I do feel hateful over this, but only toward the perps and their apologists.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
if this doesn`t meet the qualifications of a hate crime,what would?

It wasn`t a crime of " convienence" or a random victim.

one of the terrorists knew the victim, the terrorists left the Chicago city limits in a stolen car and drove to a Chicago suburb to abduct/lure/capture the victim and transport him back to Chicago.

the victim was mentally disabled, targeting someone due to their disablility falls under the legal definition of a hate crime.

one of the terrorists went to school with the victim,I`m wondering if one or more of the terrorists were also mentally disabled and attending a special school for disabled people in the suburbs even though they lived in the city.
maybe we`ll see a not guilty by reason of insanity plea by one or more of the terrorists?

maybe it isn`t being prosecuted as a hate crime because the police feel that the mentally disabled terrorists aren`t mentally capable of committing hate crimes?

The legal criteria for a hate crime is pretty wide ranging and this certainly seems to meet the criteria so there must be some pretty unusual circumstances involved for the police to think this isn`t a hate crime.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The 4 scumbags are being charged with hate crimes.

Suck it, bitches.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Its a shame you guys don't hold misogyny at the same level as racism. If you did, trump would never have been elected.

Yet here you are feigning outrage over some (admittedly awful) comments from a black woman when your messiah has repeatedly spoken about women like they are objects or plain insulted them for the heinous crime of putting on weight

Ill give you one thing, you are consistent. Consistently hypocritical that is

If misogyny and misandry are crimes, SJW definitions of such would likely put much of the world on death row. Even I occasionally complain about EPU's [estrogen poisoned units] which would make me guilty. This usually has to do with driving or parking automobiles, so I forgive myself for my truthfulness.

Interestingly, Holy Hillary is married to Bill, who acted on his thoughts rather than blather like a frat boy. As First Husband, Bill would have liked the exhilaration of a new crop of interns.

I love it:

1- I never said anything about crimes.
2- apparently anyone who doesn't want a disgusting sexist pig to become POTUS is a SJW
3- why don't you guys follow our own advice to us and get over it? Meaning Bill Clinton. We are not talking about him. We are talkin about trump. Practice what you preach.

As I said. Consistently hypocritical you are

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But shifting the vernacular only seems to support the elitist snobbery that Bourdain mentioned. And its what drives the nation further apart. Heaven help us when whatever follows Trump shows up.

Shifting vernacular :-)

Elitism is a word that cuts both ways. There has been a movement to paint certain people as elitists, intellectuals, what have you - in a negative light. What do we call that?

There's also a kind of backwater/flyover/rural elitism in play

Just plain folk are not any better than anyone else. They're also not any worse than anyone else. There's also plenty of just plain folk on the coasts and in densely populated areas

The divide in this country isn't coming from only one angle - or one side. There's different kinds of elitism

It's time for us to start seeing this for what it is

edit on 1/5/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think you may be right about this, except it still doesn't exclude the possibility that her views align with many of the producers at CNN.

Regardless, I remain baffled why any NEWS organization would continue to give this woman a platform to espouse her hate. Remember, she was the one who said she didn't want ANY white people in leadership roles in the democratic party.

‘We Don’t Need White People Leading the Democratic Party Right Now’

What a nut-case.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

And you are consistently off topic. Do you actually have a point about the OP or are you just going to feebly attempt to make everything about Trump?

Make your own thread about misogyny. It doesn't belong here.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well according to BBC News in the Uk,

Quote: "Police are not treating this as a racist incident".

As an ex Police Officer. I'm shocked but not at all surprised.

(post by Perjury removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

Breaking on the BBC.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Got a link though to a woman saying BLM was nothing to do with it because BLM was not mentioned in the video.(Not sure about that I think they have stirred crap up also) but I guess we will find out at a later date If these kids were BLM dudes.
edit on 5-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Perjury

racism is never justified, your statement is ignorant

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Tman2135

Trump proved for a fact that there is no bad press. Only press.

I think it also needs to be said, racism is racism. Prejudice is prejudice.

A person who behaves in a hurtful or violent manner towards another human being because of said human being's unchangeable characteristics does not get a free pass because of their own unchangeable characteristics.

It should also be pointed out that many people who believe black on white hate isn't racism do so based on the fact that they believe a minority group cannot exercise racism against a majority group due to the imbalance of power. Its complete BS, but thats the gist of the thinking. Essentially, its 2 different definitions of what racism is, with one being the colloquial and the other being concocted deep in the halls of the liberal arts universities and used amongst those who have passed through its halls.

This view would not presuppose that black on white hate isn't prejudice or wrong, only that the word used to classify it isn't racism due to some deeper analysis of the sociological aspects of what is happening.

Maybe understanding this difference can prevent arguments in the future. I don't know.

Modern racism is increasingly the obscure kind. It's subconscious, existing beneath the level of our awareness. It exists at all levels of social class. There're so many links I could give. Here's one:
www.cnn.com - The new threat: 'Racism without racists'...

'I don't see color'
It's a phrase some white people invoke when a conversation turns to race. Some apply it to Ferguson. They're not particularly troubled by the grand jury's decision to not issue an indictment. The racial identities of Darren Wilson, the white police officer, and Michael Brown, the black man he killed, shouldn't matter, they say. Let the legal system handle the decision without race-baiting. Justice should be colorblind.
Science has bad news, though, for anyone who claims to not see race: They're deluding themselves, say several bias experts. A body of scientific research over the past 50 years shows that people notice not only race but gender, wealth, even weight.

"Human beings are consistently, routinely and profoundly biased," Ross says.

"Racial biases can in some ways be more destructive than overt racism because they're harder to spot, and therefore harder to combat," he says.

REgarding the bolded statement:
www.theguardian.com - 'Black judge effect': study of overturning rates questions if justice is really blind ...
edit on 1/5/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I remember that Fox used to trot out Sharpton from time to time. Probably for the same reason. Although Sharpton isn't as bawdy as he used to be. And has actually said some rather interesting things from time to time.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Any news from the BLM on this ?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Any news from the BLM on this ?

Like every damned leftist they are busy trying to spin it so it's the kidnapped kids fault or Trump's fault, or blaming it on Bush or white people.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Just when you thought Liberals could sink no lower... Whelp. I'm officially done with Liberals.

Give it a week or two.

They ALWAYS out do themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

West Virginia: Black Woman Beaten, Tortured, and Raped By White Men

By all means, parrot what angry white people have been saying because it's so cliche. If X happened to black people, then Obama would do Y.

Seems you, like everyone else that has that comment, don't know that much. Especially when it comes to what has happened.

It's a hate crime and they will be prosecuted for it by the full extents of the law.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join