It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Highjump, Antartica & things that makes me go hmm...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I've heard of operation Highjump quite a few years ago and from time to time, interesting and curious information keeps popping up about goings on down there. For those who don't know what it is, it was a military operation that was headed by Admiral Byrd in 1946. Officially, it was supposed to be a research mission but I really wonder. The task force had a force of 13 ships, over 4,500 men and approximately 30-35 aircraft. Specifically, I'd like some more input from everyone out there on what happened right after WW2 and perhaps some good info on what's going on now if possible? Here's a very recent news piece that asks more questions than it really answers. Personally, I think almost no one who doesn't have a certain clearance or higher probably REALLY knows what's going on down there but I think the voices are really making me say that.
Of course, I'm NOT talking about the routine labs and scientific work that so many nations are involved in. Antartica news or not?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 1FreeThinker

To this day, i have seen compelling evidence for Operation Highjump actually taking place.... and also for it not taking place.

To this day i do not really know whether this is real or a hoax or a bit of both. Im beginning to think that there must've been something to this story.... the question is to what extent.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
All the unclassified documents and scientific analysis from operation high jump can be found in PDF here:

www.theblackvault.com...

Thanks to Phage for pointing this site out to me a couple years ago.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I watched a documentary of this 2 weeks ago. Very interesting. Rockefeller and the CIA both funded the operations. Also one operation was planned for 8 months but after 8 weeks they already returned. I've read reports of nazi ufo's coming out the ocean and ripped the US navy a new hole. Ofcourse this is all undocumented reports but hey 50/50 chance it's true. Would not surprise me!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If I remember correctly the mission was specified as a MILITARY operation.
With scientific support.
They did also go to find bases.

Here is the man himself, some intrestring statements in this clip:

Edit:

What I find very strange is that i never, never, never did read a personal story of anyone who was on that mission.

No soldiers stories, diary's from anyone other than the Bird interview and a little documentary. .. etc. Besides from the little official stuff... It looks like a total silence on the whole mission.

Edit 2:

and here is the documentary about the expedition:

edit on 5-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Exactly! Only Bird gives info about the whole thing. I really believe these operations happend but what really happened is so crazy and twisted that it is buried deep away. Nazi underground bases in the ice or and deep underwater, nazi flying saucers and what not. And then the report that US dropped a atomic or was it a nuclear bomb? In the same area where the supposed nazi underground base was. Some pretty crazy sht went down there!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
David Wilcock´s recent posts on his divine cosmos site combined with the William Tompkins interviews (selected by extraterrestials) on project camelot remind me of the old shaver mystery. stories like "i remember lemuria" and the work of H.P. Lovecraft turn into documentaries after listening to this people for to long.

one thing i really like about the Byrd story is the Antarctic Snow Cruiser.
it was a huge awesome looking vehicle that was supposed to facilitate transportation in Antarctica - it´s original design even had a little airplane strapped on it´s roof.
it was a huge spectacle when it was transported to the ship and when they arrived in Antarctica it almost got crashed during the unloading. (there is a video about that on youtube)
the design was a fail - it was to big and heavy and ended up abandoned in the snow.

wikipedia says

"While having several innovative features, it generally failed to operate as hoped under the difficult conditions, and was eventually abandoned in Antarctica. Rediscovered under a deep layer of snow in 1958, it later disappeared again due to shifting ice conditions."

and curiously:

During Operation Highjump in late 1946, an expedition team found the vehicle and discovered it needed only air in the tires and some servicing to make it operational. In 1958, an international expedition uncovered the snow cruiser using a bulldozer. It was covered by several feet of snow but a long bamboo pole marked its position. They were able to dig down to the location of the bottom of the wheels and accurately measure the amount of snowfall since it was abandoned. Inside, the vehicle was exactly as the crew had left it, with papers, magazines, and cigarettes scattered all around. Later expeditions reported no trace of the vehicle. Although there was some unsubstantiated speculation that the (traction-less) Snow Cruiser was taken by the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the vehicle most likely is either at the bottom of the Southern Ocean or buried deep under snow and ice. Antarctic ice is in constant motion and the ice shelf is constantly moving out to sea. In the mid-1960s, a large chunk of the Ross Ice Shelf broke off and drifted away; the break occurred right through Little America. It is not known on which side of the ice shelf the Snow Cruiser was located.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I feel certain that something is going on down there. I've read things lately that suggest there is a global cabal and its members within our own ranks are planning to use "partial disclosure" as a distraction, because a whole lot of high profile arrests are going to be made.

They obviously want to avoid that by any means and are allegedly plotting to make an unprecedented discovery beneath the ice that will prove the existence of sentient alien life right here on this planet. I have also read that this is only one of several possible scenarios they have ready to go. David Wilcock called it a "hail Mary play" in one of his articles...he says some very intriguing things about this whole scenario. If this is true, I don't think it'll be fake...but I do think they already know what's under there...they'd have made sure to go though it all before showing it to the world.

Another alleged scenario is a fake alien invasion...haha but...David Wilcock says they won't do that because there are actual alien factions all around our planet who would not react well to something like that. And you know what? Why the hell not. There isn't much that would surprise me these days. Zombies, aliens, demons, mutants...whatever. Wouldn't really shock me in the least at this juncture.

I think Byrd was telling the truth. And this sudden interest in Antarctica makes me think that even more. I wonder if anyone else has noticed the number of new novels on Kindle that have cropped up starring Antarctica lately, along with the lost city of Atlantis and aliens, tying them all in. I don't know if they've done the same on TV, but I would not be surprised if they have.

It's very strange, that's for sure. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: glowdog

Careful, ATS is not so kind to those following Wilcock...

For those that read Ben Fulford the rumor is that they have excavated ruins under the ice, which Buzz Aldrin was invited to tour. What he saw gave him a heart attack.

Neat story if true, and would change our way of thinking about our species fundamentally.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Operation High Jump did indeed take place, there are those on this site whom state and will stick to the story line that it was just a simple scientific mission.
The admiral in charge of the operation is also easy to discredit because of the related story about supposedly meeting people from the inner earth however there is this little thing called counter intelligence and that could all be simple disinformation.
What remain's true is his warning about high speed aircraft able to fly from pole to pole and the fact that the US lost several vessel's in this supposed scientific expedition, that they had a helicopter, a submarine and a veritable fleet of warship's, that there was a seismic event about six month's after the retreat/early end of the expedition that occurred from beneath the ice and that COULD be inferred to the destruction of a 1946/7 Nazi base and nuclear development facility in Antarctica.

There are also even less varifiable claim's that could be regarded as backing it up.

Now be careful I am of course ANTI NAZI but some of these referenced site's are perhaps even pro nazi or at least deluded and sympathetic, sadly a state of mind that today has spread through the ill informed public opinion like a plague.
antarctica.greyfalcon.us...
www.intalek.com... (Related to above account about the submarines and the last naval battle - anihilation of an allied naval force)
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

When this is quoted there are even some whom claim that Admiral Donitz was talking about the Submarine pen's in France, I really do not think so.

Grand Admiral Doenitze/Donitz 1943
"the German submarine fleet is proud of having built for the Führer, in another part of the world, a Shangri-La on land, an impregnable fortress."

"The German Navy will have to accomplish a great task in the future. The German Navy knows all hiding places in the oceans and therefore it will be very easy to bring the Führer to a safe place should the necessity arise and in which he will have the opportunity to work out his final plans."

The Nuremburg war crimes trial's.
"an invulnerable fortress, a paradise-like oasis in the middle of eternal ice."

Source.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.ancient-code.com...
www.histarmar.com.ar...
truedemocracyparty.net...

edit on 5-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

This leads me to believe the Nazi UFO (Bell) theory is true. The visual material is compelling to say the least. You probably have already seen it, but posting it because I feel there alot more truth to the Nazi Antartica base/UFO theory than people would think.

Also i've said douzens of times and I'll say it again:

Antarctica is definitely a key location.

The entire continent is shrouded in mystery. Piri Reis map, Nazis going there, operation High Jump, the Antarctic treaty, Hitler fleeing to Argentina after WW 2 (which is easiest accespoint to Antarctica geographically), all the recent visits, the fact that it plays an important role in global warming, which as of recent has been stirring up quite the commotion again, and then obviously the list of high-profile people going there in recent times. Also a team of 60 only-women went there in late december 2016, I'm all pro-emancipation and such, but the timing once again strikes me as odd.

There's currently also several Antarctica related 4chan threads circulating (not sure if I'm allowed to link 4chan), aswell as there being a general interest, as of recent, in Antarctica on the reddit conspiracy forums.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Vechthaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

No need for anyone to be careful about posting certain things. Let them be unkind. There's nothing wrong with reading and sharing material here, as long as it's not in violation of the TnC. And it's perfectly possible to read something without being a follower of the author's personal beliefs. The man might have a screw or two loose...but then again, he might be dead accurate, too. We'll know soon enough if he's right about Antarctica.

I'm going to go check out this Ben Fulford fellow. Interesting that the rumor is that Buzz saw something that induced a heart attack. There was something floating around very recently that he supposedly wrote about Antarctica...something about it being "evil". That got declared a hoax with the quickness. Makes one wonder if it really was fake after all. You've got to frighten somebody pretty damned badly to induce a myocardial infarction. That is not a typical reaction to surprise, even among the elderly and frail.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

No need for anyone to be careful about posting certain things. Let them be unkind. There's nothing wrong with reading and sharing material here, as long as it's not in violation of the TnC. And it's perfectly possible to read something without being a follower of the author's personal beliefs. The man might have a screw or two loose...but then again, he might be dead accurate, too. We'll know soon enough if he's right about Antarctica.

I'm going to go check out this Ben Fulford fellow. Interesting that the rumor is that Buzz saw something that induced a heart attack. There was something floating around very recently that he supposedly wrote about Antarctica...something about it being "evil". That got declared a hoax with the quickness. Makes one wonder if it really was fake after all. You've got to frighten somebody pretty damned badly to induce a myocardial infarction. That is not a typical reaction to surprise, even among the elderly and frail.

I wrote the original thread about the deleted Buzz tweet which appears to have been a fake/hoax.

Fulford has some interesting insight but some of his stuff sounds a little nutty and somewhat japanese-centric (he lives there and has worked there). He has some legitimate chops in regards to jouranlism from his career at the Economist.

He posts an intel update every Monday on his sight. You can typically read partial reports on free websites like Stillness in the Storm (www.sitsshow.blogspot.com) with the remainder posted Thursday (usually).

He's also pushing the GCR/RV narrative, which is the biggest red flag for me (only because the people involved in that stuff are very weird and are getting angrier as time goes on).

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Vechthaan

The only thing I have against most account's of the Bell (which I also believe to be a real object) is it's initial development and if the NAZI's even invented it.

Now not to go too far off subject one of the most well known celestial event's was the so called UFO battle over Nuremburg in 1561, www.ufoevidence.org...
Note the wood carving of the event, made 5 years later but it show's a crash site with two plume's of smoke or two crash site's on the ground, assuming it was a battle and not a well known celestial phenoma that can create strange optical illusion's in the sky and I do think it was a battle of some kind.
Now what does that have to with the bell.
www.independent.co.uk...
Note the NAZI's BUILT up nuremberg extensively for there parade ground's or DID they excavate it extensively in there search for these crash site's?.

So it is possible they had in there possession recovered technology not of there own creation, in fact they had sent members out on expedition's throughout the 1930's to other part's of the world in search of LOST knowledge as they were firm ideological believers in a former advanced civilization (which they of course claimed had been there ancestral civilization) and they also seized secret document's from secret society's as they invaded other nation's especially those kept's by Lodges and other secret society's as well as monastic library's and private collection's most of which was lost at the end of the war as they searched for Occult (Hidden) knowledge upon which to base there new technology's.

This is nothing to do with my claim but an excellent piece of work by Nick Cook a former Janes Aviation journalist that ANY one interested in the BELL and other NAZI ufo claim's should read as it is perhaps the best researched information on the subject, I owned the book and would buy it again if I ever saw it, lent it to my brother and that was the last I ever saw of it.
vielewelten.at...

edit on 5-1-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It does seem odd that, so soon after fighting a long and expensive war, the military would think that`s the perfect time to send a large expedition to antartica.
it had to of taken some time to plan and equip a mission like this so it would be safe to assume that it was planned before the war ended. they didn`t know when the war was going to end so it`s very possible that when they planned this mission they expected that it would be carried out while the war was still being fought.
which makes it even more odd that they would embark on an exploration mission like this during a world war,unless the mission had something to do with the war.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Imagine if you could see through all that ice...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Substracto

We can !

As far as I know we have several systems now capable of doing just that. And also did.
We seem to know the landmass below it exactly.
And There are many more detailed pictures as google maps wants you to believe.

Other ATS members can tell you more about it.

But somehow sharing Data is not very popular with everyone/nations studying Antarctica..for about a year of 80... ; )

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

this 4 minute video summarizes Operation Highjump pretty well

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Maybe everybody English and American should ask their grandparent(s) if they were involved back in those days in the operation.
Maybe somebody is still alive who was there themselves.
After 60 years it can not be that threatening... I guess...

Unless they have something to hide.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

yeah i know- story of my live

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join