It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Awards Himself Distinguished Public Service Medal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well in that case it truly is a meaningless medal.

The only metals these 2 deserve are ones strapped around their forehead while they sit patiently and wait for it to be plugged in.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The medal itself is a useless piece of costume jewelry.

The Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service is the highest award that is presented by the Secretary of Defense, to a private citizen, politician, non-career Federal employee, or foreign national.

But it does show rather an extreme case of egotism to award oneself a medal...whether your name is Obama, Bush, or he who is married to she who shall never be named by me again, if I can avoid it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Of course it is, and I agree, both individuals should be terminated with the assistance of the department of energy, but the point is that there is no point crying out when Obama gets the same bauble Bush did, and it CERTAINLY is not an unprecedented scenario for a limp leader to receive it. Ergo the premise of the thread and the reaction to the information is VERY overblown and not nearly as outrageous as is being made out.

It is merely another tedious revolution of the trundling wheel that modern politics has become, nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Rewriting future history!

Honestly I feel that is exactly what we are seeing with much of this propaganda and false altruism. What sticks in the young minds is often what's repeted over and over regardless of 'truth'
edit on 5-1-2017 by 0nerabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is what you need a royal family for.
To give yourself awards without looking like a dick.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Obama is an egotistical waste of air. If he was even half as wonderful as he thought he was he might have actually accomplished something other than hurting the American people.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

On Wednesday, President Obama added another prestigious medal to his Nobel Prize collection when he had Defense Secretary Ash Carter award him with the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Public Service.

Secretary Carter awarded his boss with the medal on January 4 during the Armed Forces Full Honor Farewell Review for the President held at Conmy Hall, Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in Virginia.

LINK

Let's have a moment of silence for the man, the myth, the legend...don't call him Barry Soetoro...a man of distinction...

I can't even write the name right now.

Has there ever been this level of narcissism at this level before? I can't recall anything like it.

This is definitely one for the history books. It just belongs there for all the wrong reasons.

I can name one - someone who accepted the purple heart legitimately awarded to its actual recipient, saying as he accepted it that it's the one thing he always wanted.............. even though he 'deferred' the draft 4 times. narcissist and if it was anyone but Trump, 50% of ATS (at least) would be deriding him as a draft dodger - the way they did Mohammed Ali when he passed away.
edit on 5-1-2017 by uncommitted because: changed the word owner to recipient

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Oh Self Aggrandizing, how we love your Pomp and Circumstance! Nobody does it better than the Catholic church, but Hollywood takes a close second, with it's Academy Awards, and then some! I hear Donald Trump proudly displays 16 awards that bear his own signature! HAHA

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'll bet Trump is chomping at the bit to get this award too. Gotta wait til the end of your term like the rest of them, Donnie.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is like when Commodus would fight in the gladiator games, his opponents would already be mortally wounded or otherwise easy pickings to make the Emperor look good.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think it would be a greater honor to not accept something like that. It would show humility, but that's no longer a thing apparently.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Oh! How terrible that Obama received the same award that Steven Spielberg received for making the movie Saving Private Ryan. He should be relieved of duty! Oh yeah, he is in 15 days.

What about the new guy?

Trump Partied New Year’s Eve with Convicted Felon-With-Mob-Ties ‘Joey No Socks’ Cinque

Cinque was convicted in 1989 of criminal possession of stolen art
Cinque now serves as president and CEO of the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (AAHS), which presents “Star Diamond” awards to restaurants and hotels and has listed Trump as an “ambassador extraordinaire” as recently as 2015. Roughly half of the other approximately 30 honorary AAHS trustees are Trump family members, friends and business associates,

The Week also notes that Trump paid tribute to Cinque in 2009, calling him “a special guy” and adding, “There’s nobody like him.”

But in a May interview with the AP, Trump downplayed his relationship with Cinque, saying, “If a guy’s going to give you an award, you take it. You don’t tend to look up his whole life story.”

He also told Yahoo News of Cinque in May, “I don’t know him. I just find him to be a very nice man, and I don’t know his background. I really don’t.”

edit on 5-1-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
if you guys do a quick search you'll find similar threads showing disdain when other presidents 'awarded themselves' that medal.

go on search

also im more than certain there is more story or reasons why this medal is bestowed to presidents much like everything else.
ffs.
yea, he 'awarded' himself that medal...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What other medals do you think He should get?

Have you ever heard of the Ibrahim Prize?. It's awarded to former African Executive Head of State or Government. Basically, a bribe of $5 million, plus $200,000 per year for life, in order to get would be Presidents for Life to become Peaceable Transferors of Power.

Requirement is African. But if certain conspiracy theories about Barak Obama's birthplace are accurate, then believers in those theories could nominate him for the Ibrahim Prize. Do you think they will? LOL.

ETA

I don't have a twitter account. Maybe someone could tweet out to the The Dealmaker Elect:

"Make a deal w Obama. 'If you get me an A list performer for my inauguration, I'll nominate you for Ibrahim Award, since you were born in Kenya.' "

Is that short enough to tweet?

edit on 5-1-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well I can go to the store an buy a lot of trinkets to make look shiny but the truth is that is in the public opinions eye where the judgment falls.

Is a nice place where the exiting president can pin his shiny new trinket and then seat on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
wow, this stunt officially ranks him right up there with third world tin pot dictators. When I saw the title I immediately thought,
"this is something lil Kim would do and probably has done"

barry really does fancy himself, doesn`t he?

congradulations barry you have stripped the title of president of the united states of any honor and dignity that it had.
edit on 5-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Get out, get out, get out!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Okay, it isn't satire.

Is there historical POTUS precedent for this?

I guess when the death toll in Syria hit 400,000 after the civil war The Obama and The Hillary started when they sent Al Qaeda in there to topple the government, maybe that was what warranted this accolade?

Yes, George W. Bush and Bill Clinton amongst others, I don't think there was any Breibart headline the same as above when those awards were given out.
www.navy.mil...

archive.defense.gov...

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Sillyolme

The Order Of Lenin?

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: Sillyolme

The Order Of Lenin?

Nah! that's reserved for Trump!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join