It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks offers $20,000 reward to catch Obama admin destroying documents

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Looks like Assange is serious about the possibility that a renegade Administration might actually try to hide damaging evidence of corruption and general lawlessness.

He is offering a $20,000 reward for catching anybody in the act !!!

This should trigger some good conspiracy theories that will last.

Could even lead to some proof of conspiracies inside the U.S. Government !!

Let's find a few possibilities shall we. Like suspects inside the government who are not so well known.

Wikileaks offers $20,000 reward to catch Obama admin destroying documents

Wikileaks is offering cash to anyone who catches the outgoing Obama administration destroying public records.

The group tweeted its offer on Tuesday night.

“We are issuing a US$20,000 reward for information leading to the arrest or exposure of any Obama admin agent destroying significant records,” Wikileaks posted on Twitter.

edit on Jan-04-2017 by xuenchen because: dontemailthem

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
That's going to be tough considering this day and age of NDA's.... But I will cherish it nonetheless if they get some!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not being a lawyer, I know enough to know that and undefined word like "significant" is subjective.

They're not going to pay out crap--it's a phishing mechanism to get more leaks.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

we`ll get a better idea of who the most flagrant crooks are when Obama starts mass producing and handing out pardons before he leaves.

I think we will see names that we have never heard before and we`ll be left wondering what crime they committed that required a presidential pardon.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Wikileaks twitter says the offer is now 30K thanks to 'a' donor.

on the side
Wikileaks seems to be on a tear this year

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Oh boy that's gonna get the flock chirping for blood...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sorry but to the people in the know, $20K (or 30K) is nothing. If your leaving and have a cushy lobbing job lined up your not going to risk a mysterious suicide or car crash for 20K. If your targeting entry level people, it unlikely that they get to see whats in the burn bag before its disposed of..... Unless they are total fools which has been known to happen
edit on 1/4/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Granted. But since whistleblowing means a hard life to follow, having a little severance package would help out a lot.

Groundbreaking 'War on Whistleblowers' Investigation Exposes Obama Admin's Record of Censorship & Persecution of Whistleblowers & Journalists
War on Whistleblowers: Free Press and the National Security State traces how two of the most powerful and secretive Washington power centers—the Pentagon’s military-industrial complex and Internet era’s national security state—ran amok after 9/11 and declared war on a handful of whistleblowers who went to the press to expose lies, fraud and abuses that meant life or death for troops and spying on millions of Americans. It explores why Obama, who promised the most transparent administration, became the most secretive president in recent decades and even more vindictive to intelligence-related whistleblowers than George W. Bush.

Whistleblowers are not spies or traitors, as the Bush and Obama administration’s lawyers have alleged. They are patriotic and often conservative Americans who work inside the government and with military contractors, and who find unacceptable—and often life-threatening—or illegal behavior goes unheeded when they report it through the traditional chain of command. They worry about doing nothing and feel compelled to go to the press, even if they suspect they may lose their jobs. What they don’t realize is that their lives will never quite be the same again, because they underestimate the years of government persecution that follows.

edit on 4-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What would constitute proof if the docs are destroyed?

$20k doesnt seem like alot when the likely result of you reporting anything is suicide by 2 bullets to the head.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Sorry but to the people in the know, $20K (or 30K) is nothing. If your leaving and have a cushy lobbing job lined up your not going to risk a mysterious suicide or car crash for 20K. If your targeting entry level people, it unlikely that they get to see whats in the burn bag before its disposed of..... Unless they are total fools which has been known to happen

But 30 grand is a lot of money to unpaid interns though.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm getting the feeling Assange has been purchased by the US right. Hannity interview of front for delivering a stack of cash.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
errr....significant documents are destroyed daily. Not everything is archived nor should it be that is why they have shredders.

I think he should be more specific about what he is wanting or be prepared to billions to all the instances of document destruction.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

would it be significant to those in Clintons camp that told Podesta the phishing email was legit? If those are the kind of people on the "inside" i wouldnt trust them to babysit a pet gerbil.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Damn, I guess people are not talking about Wikileaks enough or buying "Hillary for prison" shirts anymore?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Totally! Its alot of money for anybody but say 1-2%'ers But, would you leave the job of disposing of such incendiary material to an Intern? People do stupid stuff, but I would make sure that stuff was taken care of personally and not leave it to another.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

would it be significant to those in Clintons camp that told Podesta the phishing email was legit? If those are the kind of people on the "inside" i wouldnt trust them to babysit a pet gerbil.

I hear you but self preservation is usually an instinct and the Clintons have shown they have no problem having people taken out. Just as Ron Brown and Vince Foster. Those were high level people out IN public. So 30K? Ill take my life.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I'm getting the feeling Assange has been purchased by the US right. Hannity interview of front for delivering a stack of cash.

We may get to find out esp. if a pardon is issued in the waning days of the the Trump Administration

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Totally! Its alot of money for anybody but say 1-2%'ers But, would you leave the job of disposing of such incendiary material to an Intern? People do stupid stuff, but I would make sure that stuff was taken care of personally and not leave it to another.

Agreed.

But the complacency and disconnection displayed by our Govt. should not be underestimated.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Your right.

They should open a fundraiser to up the bounty. Refundable if nothing is found that is made public.

I'll throw in $2000 right now!!

I bet we can offer a years salary in no time.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He is offering a $20,000 reward for catching anybody in the act !!!

Jeez! Talk about cheap!
Such a scoop would be invaluable to his brand!
What a cheapskate!
He'd have to pay me at least $5M for good info!
Pffft!

I'm sorry, but he has no credibility with me.

top topics

join