It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it wrong for Russia to try and influence U.S. Elections?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Don't we see another problem with this though? So for example WaPo had to walk back its story on the Vermont grid hack? CNN daily pounding away at the Russia hacked the DNC, which even Matt Taibi with Rolling Stone says the story is sketchy?

We all know that its highly doubtful that HRC lost because of the wikileaks dump. Truthfully, I think the Comey bauble did her more damage than that ever did.

What concerns me is the MSM seemingly pushing as fact matters not yet in sufficient evidence.

That's been their MO though for a while.

Look at all the cop shooting cases they've rushed in as judge, jury and executioner on before the full facts of a case were even known, and by then, they'd so swayed public opinion that the lie is often believed as truth.

"Hands Up; Don't Shoot" anyone?

There are more examples of how they do this sort of thing, but this is one of the more glaring examples and now they're busy teaching people that Trump only got elected because ... Russians.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: neoholographic

Does the phrase "invasion of sovereignty" mean anything to you?

In this context and setting? About as much as the words irony and hypocrite do.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
What concerns me is the MSM seemingly pushing as fact matters not yet in sufficient evidence.

Yes, that is a massive concern, but stemming from that (and even a slightly bigger concern, IMO) is the reality that most Americans gobble up the BS coming out of the MSM and then proceed to berate and belittle those of us who can deploy the critical-thinking forces in our head and think for ourselves.

We are definitely a nation of ignorant fools, on average, who think that they are informed. Even worse, a large part of the ignorant are willfully ignorant, getting information spoon-fed to them, but they still refuse to look at it or consider it.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

That's an insightful comment.

I am sad to have to admit that only this year I have come to realize that much of what I had taken as fact for years is altogether false or inaccurate. But my errors have been more born of applying my own preconcieved notions to inaccurate facts presented by conservative outlets.

I've shared this discovery with my father and now we go back and forth fact checking ideas we had long believed were factual.

Now, I find myself sort of islandised............I find I question every media outlet and take nothing on face value.

It is exhausting and a source of disillusionment.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, it is exhausting, which honestly is why I got rid of cable and quit checking the MSM news sources (or when I do, I take nothing at face value).

ATS is great for getting a much more broad picture on a topic, but even then, it's populated by many of the willfully ignorant on both sides, so we still have to fact check sources linked to on here.

Exhausting, but worth it if you care to be intelligent on a story. Willful ignorance and closed-mindedness are two ingredients that I jettisoned long ago. I may still have my ideology or my pre-conceived notions, but they exist because I generally do extensive research on the topic before forming either.

Keep up the good work! I've gone from a light liberal to a frustrated conservative to land where I am now--mainly libertarian in ideology and skeptical of everyone.

That's what happens when you've ridden both roller coasters and find out that they both suck in their own ways.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The funny part is that many who think borders are archaic and 'illegals' should be let in think borders matter on this issue (when it suits them).

Hillary lost because of the truth that was revealed. That's not on Russia.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Have you ever heard of the CRIMINAL JUST Us $y$tem?

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The funny part is that many who think borders are archaic and 'illegals' should be let in think borders matter on this issue (when it suits them).

Hillary lost because of the truth that was revealed. That's not on Russia.

It's just as funny that the people who usually DO care about borders are all selectively letting them apply in this situation. LOTS of laughs I'm having...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join