It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016: The year that UK propaganda demagogued the US election.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Of course there's going to be propaganda from other countries weighing in on the election. Whoever the American leader is at any given time, they are always referred to as the "leader of the free world"

They are not. They are the leader of the USA only. Other free countries have their own leaders.

As long as the US thinks it's everyone else's leader, everyone else is going to try to influence who that leader will be.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So now you are saying that because you are mad that the news is complaining about fake news you want to distract from that topic to talk about unfair campaign coverage against Trump during the election? You aren't helping your case here.
edit on 4-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Exact words?

"You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything."

"Grab 'em by the p---y. You can do anything."

Context, it's an amazing thing when you are smart enough to comprehend it.

It is and because I don't want you to miss out on just how amazing it really is, I'm going to help you out!

"I just start kissing them"
"I don't even wait"

Both of of those are in the present progressive tense. The present progressive tense is used for things that are occurring in the present and are on-going. In other words, he hasn't waited, he doesn't wait and he's not planning on waiting in the future.

Why? Because "when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything." He's stating his opinion that women allow male celebrities to do whatever they want (to those women). Elaborating on what he means by do anything, Trump gives an example — "grab em by the p---y" — beforing reiterating his point that "you" (by which he means a "star" such as himself) can do anything (to a female stranger).

I believe it was three women who accused him of actually putting his hand on their crotches. Notice that I didn't say "grab" because I didn't want you to get hung up on the minutiae of what constitutes a "grab" versus other forms of uninvited gential touching. Did he do it? The only ones who really know are PE Trump and his accusers.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. I'm always glad to help!

edit on 2017-1-4 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You can try to spin it however you want, of course, but the fact here now is that all of Obama/etc's hair on fire crap about foreign influence is pure hypocrisy unless we're about to start sanctioning and expelling UK diplomats (etc along those lines).

Where's the condemnation of the UK propaganda front after all of the grandstanding the liberal mill has been doing post-election in every thread related to Russian (foreign) "influence"????
edit on 4-1-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Dude... Your desperation is starting to stink up the place at this point. Foreign media organizations can report and have been reporting on Presidential elections for some time. And, yes, they ARE allowed to be biased about their reporting. They ARE staffed by humans, just like every other media empire out there.

Until the day we can employ robots to do our news collecting and reporting, you have to accept bias in the media. You may want to get right with that before you have some sort of aneurysm.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The simply fact is that many people in the UK need to take a long hard look at presidential hopefuls. The UK press takes a dim view of those who are judged to be beyond the pale. This happened to Bill Clinton and has also happened to Donald Trump. There is no liberal elite conspiracy where we have papers like the Times, The FT, and the Express and Daily Mail who are clearly of the right!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Here is a thought.......dont listen to UK media!

Last time i checked there was no law in yhe USA forcing you to watch British media.....

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Newsflash:

An awful lot of people do not like Donald Trump, based on the things he has said and done during his campaign,

However, he has got himself elected, and the jury is now out on the man himself as president.

The UK isn't America in any way, shape or form. We speak the same language but that does not mean we all see things the same way, and the press here reflects that.

Any Trump supporters who don't like that will simply have to live with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

NEWSFLASH:

The topic here is holding UK propaganda to the same standards that the MSM+DNC hordes are insisting we run full bore McCarthyism over Russian propaganda. Note I only took a small sample from articles almost entirely from before the election.

Last I heard Russian "influence" wasn't helping to fuel open hate crime atrocities on our streets, but here I will prove that UK propaganda is:

But wait, in the OP I linked stuff from their UK sites. Here goes UK's The Guardian US Edition. Let's see.....

[trump white nationalist site:theguardian.com]
About 4,400 results (0.60 seconds)

[trump kkk site:theguardian.com]
About 2,960 results (0.80 seconds)

[trump nazi site:theguardian.com]
About 21,500 results (0.50 seconds)

[trump hitler site:theguardian.com]
About 19,200 results (0.47 seconds)

[trump racist site:theguardian.com]
About 93,700 results (0.57 seconds)

[trump hate site:theguardian.com]
About 251,000 results (0.69 seconds)

[trump evil site:theguardian.com]
About 43,900 results (0.75 seconds)

[trump sexist site:theguardian.com]
About 11,000 results (0.61 seconds)

[trump authoritarian site:theguardian.com]
About 8,910 results (0.68 seconds)

[trump white supremacist site:theguardian.com]
About 38,400 results (0.43 seconds)

That's all via the Google, of course.

And now some of the results of all the kind of work:
Searching Youtube for:
[trump supporter beaten]
About 601,000 results

Yet the Liberal Machine insists that Russia Today US edition is essentially to be banned as FAKE NEWS?

["russia today" "fake news"]
About 113,000 results (0.35 seconds

Fake news is spiraling out of control – and it is up to all of us to stop it
The Russian government has been particularly productive in this regard, turning the use of falsified satellite imagery into a full time job for the Russian Ministry of Defence, and with their fighters in Ukraine producing fake videos of pro-government groups threatening the Dutch and claiming to be IS members fighting for the Ukrainian government. The spread of these fakes are ably assisted by Russian backed troll factories and hackers, and picked up by Russian government funded news organisations like Sputnik and Russia Today.
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

So, you're a sore winner who now wants to go on full on destruction mode of any articles you deem to be "anti-trump" because its not as if your messiah won the election, right?

And in doing so you cherry pick sections of the UK press and deem them to be unfit - maybe you should search the Daily Mail, Express and the Sun for some comfort?

I know this isn't the pit, but honestly, Trumpflake much? Do you need a colouring book? You're whining.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
He always has been a figure of fun here in the UK and will continue to be so his name is slang here for a fart so we often giggle at just the sound of his name.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

This is all part of my month long build-up in my war on CENSORSHIP IN THE NAME OF "FAKE NEWS" (which is being spearheaded by liberal officials such as Obama, and by liberal propaganda rags such as the Washington Post and these UK propaganda outlets I'm underscoring here). Again: THAT is the topic. Trump is merely the best way to expose the HYPOCRISY. Unless you're pro-open hate crime atrocities in our streets? It's bad enough our own MSM has been driving the social divisions here, but to have the UK press working overtime in lockstep with our own media when does this madness stop?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

COMING SOON TO A FORUMS NEAR YOU:

This thread is something like the 10th supplemental piece I've put together in my month+ long march towards my "Double Feature" Fake News + Censorship project release. While I was away from politics for some 5 years until last summer, I was still 'working' in my endless studies in the annals of Politics of Fear scaremongering propaganda, and horror & dystopian cinema. The bulk of all of my political research and .gov+MSM propaganda studies, along with history of cinema studies of over a decade are finally mostly all coming to a head as one in this 'single' 2 part saga... the entire two part "Double Feature" which is framed around vintage horror cinema and melodramatic public service announcement themes start to finish... part one centering on the 'history of fake news', with part 2 'new fake news' mostly centered around the happenings of 2016, this most unbiased project I promise you will demolish the credibility of the reality assaulting war mongering MSM & .gov once and for all... STAY TUNED!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

If you want to stop hate crimes on your streets, why did you elect a man who manged to piss off women, disabled people, muslims, ex-servicemen's families and hispanics, not to mention being unsavoury about many countries round the world during his campaign?

Or do you want to make out all of that that stuff, (most of it on video) and his tweets, and the rhetoric from the campaign was all just some form of foreign propaganda, and he never did any of it?

So lets expose some hypocrisy. The guy said and did an awful lot of stupid stuff during his campaign, rode every popularist wave he could, belted out soundbytes that appealed to all kinds of fringe and unsavoury lunatics (did you miss "Hail Trump" recently?) and got called out on it in other countries media. Now he (and you) want to complain about it.

You know the saying "you reap what you sow"? It applies as much to Trump over the stupidity of parts of his campaign as it does to the democrats who got things so badly wrong.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

If you want to stop hate crimes on your streets, why did you elect a man who manged to piss off women, disabled people, muslims, ex-servicemen's families and hispanics, not to mention being unsavoury about many countries round the world during his campaign?

Maybe if the ENTIRELY BIASED liberal-centric MSM's in the US & UK hadn't blown out of proportion every little thing he said, if they hadn't twisted everything into the SJW 'racist sexist homophobic xenophobic islamophobe' blah blah blah spiel.

You know, the Hillary Hate Speech rhetoric:

Hillary and the MSM pushed that garbage blanket labeling the entirety of anti-SJW anti-Hillary masses into the "basket of deplorables", calling us all white supremacists, while not demonizing anti-white hate crimes in the slightest, and that's a-okay in your worldview? Hey whatever, but the UK press needs to butt out of pushing the rhetorical makings of a hot civil war in our nation. FACT: Hillary's hate speech stereotyping logic and all that the MSM helped drive home led to a lot of people getting hurt, and lot of property being destroyed, and it still aint over yet. And the UK press has on them the burden of some of all that blood. And they're a foreign interest. And need to get the hell out (especially if Russia is to be threatened with war for allegedly releasing emails to wikileaks and pumping out some fake news via macedonia etc blah blah blah).

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Maybe if the ENTIRELY BIASED liberal-centric MSM's in the US & UK hadn't blown out of proportion every little thing he said, if they hadn't twisted everything into the SJW 'racist sexist homophobic xenophobic islamophobe' blah blah blah spiel.

The man was running for the Presidency. Probably the most watched and talked about office in the world. No one gets a free pass.

Seriously, you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Did you expect people not to pick up, scrutinise and report all the things he said? - and actually DID say and give views on it?

That's delusional.

I assume then that - given your premise here, none of the stuff reported in the right wing media about Clinton was true, and they shouldn't have reported on every little thing she said with the extremist "lock her up, her husbands a rapist, shes a criminal, she ill, not fit to be president" personal smear rhetoric. (you know, all that stuff that has suddenly been dropped like a #ty stick now Trump is president elect_

Or do you just want the scrutinising of Trump to be accountable and removed? You talked about hypocrisy before - you'd definitely be being hypocritical if you don't apply the same standards to both parties here.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I guess you missed all this:

[trump white nationalist site:theguardian.com]
About 4,400 results (0.60 seconds)

[trump kkk site:theguardian.com]
About 2,960 results (0.80 seconds)

[trump nazi site:theguardian.com]
About 21,500 results (0.50 seconds)

[trump hitler site:theguardian.com]
About 19,200 results (0.47 seconds)

[trump racist site:theguardian.com]
About 93,700 results (0.57 seconds)

[trump hate site:theguardian.com]
About 251,000 results (0.69 seconds)

[trump evil site:theguardian.com]
About 43,900 results (0.75 seconds)

[trump sexist site:theguardian.com]
About 11,000 results (0.61 seconds)

[trump authoritarian site:theguardian.com]
About 8,910 results (0.68 seconds)

[trump white supremacist site:theguardian.com]
About 38,400 results (0.43 seconds)

And this:

Now as you're about to see, the "news" being put out by UK media is clearly infected with propaganda. In case you're at all fuzzy on what "propaganda" is, it's simply communications meant to sway opinion (i.e. a political yard sign, a Nabisco TV commercial, a Gucci print ad in a magazine, a documentary by a former president meant to scare the bejesus out of you over global warming, etc). Just look at this handful of header images I pulled from some of the hitpieces from The Times, and then come tell the world that isn't propaganda:

Are you seriously going to call all that responsible objective reporting, as opposed to deliberately polarizing propaganda, and do it with a straight look on your emoji?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I didn't miss it.

I asked you about the same stuff from your side. The propaganda put out by the right wing media and the Trump campaign about Clinton

Are you dismissing that? Or are you full blown hypocrite and think that it didn't happen and your campaign here only relates to your poor old guy? (who won, by the way)

And does the reporting/viewpoint of sections of the press add up to the actual comments and actions of Trump during his campaign? - or are you denying he said any of it at all?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What propaganda from "my side" (lol) can you possibly equate to Hillary and the MSM cooking up and running with this Trump IS Hitler narrative, show it come before that narrative (that is, not a reaction to it), show it anywhere near as heavily pushed OR as effective in getting people HURT / KILLED???

And then how can you justify a foreign nations propaganda arm running Hillary's Hate Speech Model directed at US news consumers (THE ACTUAL TOPIC)? How is ANY verified Russian sourced fake news anywhere near the same caliber as countless scores of people getting bloodied, millions in property damages, etc? Surely you saw all the riot and assault videos / threads all last year.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Pizzagate....Don't act like the right didn't make #e up also.
edit on 4-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join