It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Hires Eric Holder as Legal Bulwark Against Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Girding for four years of potential battles with President-elect Donald J. Trump, Democratic leaders of the California Legislature announced Wednesday that they had hired Eric H. Holder Jr., who was attorney general under President Obama, to represent them in any legal fights against the new Republican White House.

The decision by the Legislature to retain Mr. Holder, who is now a prominent Washington lawyer, is the latest sign of the ideological battle that may play out over the next four years between this predominantly Democratic state and Washington. Hillary Clinton, the Democratic candidate for president, defeated Mr. Trump by more than four million votes here.

SOURCE

I think it's fitting this is happening in California because if it were put in a Hollywood movie it may seem unbelievable. Who could have envisioned something such as this happening a year ago?

Can anyone argue that it doesn't matter who the POTUS is anymore? If this news doesn't epitomize how different the Trump administration will be compared with the Obama administration, I don't know what ever could.

Obama supporters should be pleased to know that hope isn't dead in America for them. Eric Holder can help to uphold their values of...

Attempting to brazenly and unashamedly break the law?

Or am I missing something?
edit on 4-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Maybe they plan to sell guns to the Mexican cartels to keep their economy afloat after they secede?

Holder has the experience in that area.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The decision by the (CA) Legislature to retain Mr. Holder, who is now a prominent Washington lawyer, is the latest sign of the ideological battle that may play out over the next four years between this predominantly Democratic state and Washington.

No its a sign how corrupt California lawmakers are. I know, I live in this bureaucratically melted hell hole.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Eric holder? The same guy who was in contempt of Congress by not addressing the gun running operation he had to supply mexican cartels with weapons. Which ended up in the death of border patrol agents? Great pick!

He will fold or backout of his position once he understands that without obama to cover his bs hes not going to accomplish much.
edit on 4-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Guess we will see how far the Idea of "states rights" go.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I think it is time that So California becomes it's own state,we can include central Cal,leave No California for tree hugging liberals,state run by crooks

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Looks like California is anticipating lots of federal lawsuits.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
if they spent more time and money enforcing the laws and less time and money trying to get away with breaking the laws maybe the state would be a better place.
How can they expect their citizens to obey the laws when they (the state government) themselves are breaking laws.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
He sux at everything he does...not even a road bump. Just an ass pimple.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
let 'em have the impotent "yes man"

they deserve each other

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
CALEXIT already!

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
SO, if Trump plans on upholding the law...... their gonna get a lawyer to stop him....... makes sense to me

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Guess we will see how far the Idea of "states rights" go.

States do not have the right to grant US visa/citizenship.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I think it is time that So California becomes it's own state,we can include central Cal,leave No California for tree hugging liberals,state run by crooks

Makes sense.... Split it up, grant Northern Cali independence... then invade them and take it back. Would make firing all the liberal officials there much each easier.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Attempting to brazenly and unashamedly break the law?

Or am I missing something?

Excuse me? I'm hearing "State's rights" here and someone who should be for State's Rights bitching that the federal government won't listen to a State.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Maybe they plan to sell guns to the Mexican cartels to keep their economy afloat after they secede?

Holder has the experience in that area.

California is the sixth largest economy in the world. It is more likely, in the very unlikely situation, that if CA succeeds that the US economy would crash and California would go on just fine after a few economic hiccups. It helps when the state holds most of the country's BEST agricultural land and takes up near the entire western coast of the country.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Makes sense.... Split it up, grant Northern Cali independence... then invade them and take it back. Would make firing all the liberal officials there much each easier.

Typical. Conservative supports political overthrow/suppression when faced with dissenting political opinions.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: UKTruth

Typical. Conservative supports political overthrow/suppression when faced with dissenting political opinions.

Mate, it was a joke. Jeez.

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Mass genocide isn't a joke, mate

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UKTruth

Mass genocide isn't a joke, mate

Lol, ok mate.
Happy New year.

What I really think is that Holder should already be in jail, so I am sure there is plenty to go on to put him where he belongs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join