It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Monster Money: California Makes More from Cannabis Than the Next 5 Largest Crops Combined

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Interesting, how much could California make if they leagelized Opium?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Interesting, how much could California make if they leagelized Opium?

I doubt it, its a near impossible case to make whereas the marijuana compared favorable to say alcohol, opium does not.

That being said our state flower is the poppy

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I wouldn't know about that. I haven't seen many people talk about hemp in relation to this bill. I'd have to look deeper on that. But come on, don't you like my analogy? I think it's pretty spot on.

Oh it was an awesome analogy lol. It made me think of Charlie Murphy and his tales on the Chappelle Show.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And yet, plenty of people on food stamps still end up buying those things in sufficient quantity to die of lung cancer or become alcoholic.

I'm not saying the food stamps are directly used, but it's the same argument as saying that government money doesn't directly fund abortions at a PP ... maybe not, but it certainly frees up the money that IS used for them.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Marijuana Monster Money: California Makes More from Cannabis Than the Next 5 Largest Crops Combined

Yeas,

We sure as hell do.

Bears repeating.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Going by that logic, companies shouldn't pay their workers either. After all, the payments can directly go towards the purchase of illegals goods & services, or can free up other money to be used to pay for illegal goods & services.

posted on Jan, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And yet, plenty of people on food stamps still end up buying those things in sufficient quantity to die of lung cancer or become alcoholic.

I'm not saying the food stamps are directly used, but it's the same argument as saying that government money doesn't directly fund abortions at a PP ... maybe not, but it certainly frees up the money that IS used for them.

That's a fine line you are treading, and kind of pedantic in my opinion. For one you can't just make it illegal to purchase these things while on government assistance. For two, why get so hung up on these things in the first place? There are FAR shadier accounting tricks done on the business side of government lending but you rarely ever see people such as yourself complain about those things. Why is it ok for businesses that earn a profit to receive subsidies? Isn't that JUST as shady as someone on food stamps using their own money to buy a vice? I mean I think it is far worse and in a completely different league, but I'm trying to find some middle ground here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join