It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yorkshire ATS meetup. (Around Easter time).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
After seeing the New York meet up pics I think us up North here in the UK can do better
So my Yorkshire brethren lets sort out a Meetup somewhere in Yorkshire
I'm sure there are enough of us to have a great time in a pub or wherever.
So who is up for it lets get this sorted eh?.
We have to wear tin foil hats so we can recognize each other though
So post here If you are in (Oh it is for all but will be in Yorkshire btw).
edit on 3-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I have a feeling though It will end up me and maybe one other....prove me wrong!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I'd participate as long as Guinness is served, Tequila isn't off limits and they have a decent single malt

Could do with a mini get away, could even incorporate it with a caravan holiday or something, not far to travel either

I don't think a UK meet up has happened yet.

For our non-UK brethren, please flag this thread we could do with a UK meet-up. Ok I'm done, feel a little tacky now

edit on 3-1-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

You would be very welcome it will take time to organise but I was thinking march/April?.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Easter would work well for most people I would assume.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Great idea
. I will put it in the title.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
After seeing the New York meet up pics I think us up North here in the UK can do better

Uh, no. We had women at ours.

Some of them were even still alive.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I wish to be there! But alas stranded in NY. Have fun everyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We will get women! grand women real women who can build walls and look after our ferrets!.

(Anyone know how much we can hire some for so we don't look sad?).

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If the baby wasn't due in May and I wasn't working insane hours, I would do the 700 ish mile round trip for a good, old fashioned knees up.

ETA: I just sat here and worked out that the last time I was South of the border was just over 4 years ago. Im going to go cry now.
edit on 312017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: testingtesting

Uh, no. We had women at ours.

Some of them were even still alive.

Does drag count?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I vote Parish Pump

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

My fave pub in Hudds
. Great venue for a meetup
was there just before xmas ahd a right do
Also Huddersfield is easy to get to for all.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Train station...M62....can't go wrong

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You will be missed

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That's not too far from me,only about twenty minutes drive down the M62. Would we be required to divulge our usernames? I'm not bothered either way but I would prefer it to be one or the other as I wouldn't like it if everyone knew mine and I didn't know theirs.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So is this Yorkshiremen only then?

Born and raised in North Notts so not too far away, am in Gloucestershire now but willing to travel.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Awwww Bugger...

Ex Harrogate bloke here and been in France for the past 26 years...

A long way away but if I can make it I will let you know...

If not, have a pint of Tetleys or 2 or 3 or 10 for me... Otherwise a couple of decent single malts.

This used to be my den : www.thetimbleinn.co.uk...

It was much more traditional back in the early 80s but then bloody Southern rich puffy yuppies got hold of our heritage...

Shame the meeting cannot take place there because of the following :

This is where I used to do all of my serious drinking many many years ago and is smack bang next to the RAF base Menwith Hill (*cough cough*) early warning base from what was given to the general public (even the pub had one of those fake early warning nuclear attack warning speakers inside at the time...)

The *cough* official Menwith Hill history :

RAF Menwith Hill is situated off the A59 Skipton Road, approximately nine miles west of Harrogate in North Yorkshire and occupies about one square mile of moorland.

The base is owned by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and made available to the US Department of Defense (DoD).

As with all sites the Government make available to the United States Visiting Forces (USVF), RAF Menwith Hill is made available under the NATO Status of Forces Agreement of 1951 and additional confidential arrangements.

Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) is entitled to possession of the site and retains control over its use and its facilities, though the administration of the base is the responsibility of the US authorities.

The base comprises family housing, community facilities and high-technology installations and structures set on the southern edge of the Yorkshire Dales, just outside the Nidderdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

RAF Menwith Hill works closely with local and national authorities on all matters relating to planning, conservation and the environment.

More here : www.raf.mod.uk...

However... at the time this was an actual FULL TIME USA base... I went there on at least five 4th of July celebrations as my now deceased brother was a chef at the canteen and we had invites... (Only ever saw USA personel) ... It was good fun...

Common rumour and speculation says that the base was used for other purposes (The Echalon project) such as the one depicted below :

Once known only by the code name Field Station 8613, the secret base — now called Menwith Hill Station — is located about nine miles west of the small town of Harrogate in North Yorkshire. Originally used to monitor Soviet communications through the Cold War, its focus has since dramatically shifted, and today it is a vital part of the NSA’s sprawling global surveillance network.

For years, journalists and researchers have speculated about what really goes on inside Menwith Hill, while human rights groups and some politicians have campaigned for more transparency about its activities. Yet the British government has steadfastly refused to comment, citing a longstanding policy not to discuss matters related to national security.

Now, however, top-secret documents obtained by The Intercept offer an unprecedented glimpse behind Menwith Hill’s razor wire fence. The files reveal for the first time how the NSA has used the British base to aid “a significant number of capture-kill operations” across the Middle East and North Africa, fueled by powerful eavesdropping technology that can harvest data from more than 300 million emails and phone calls a day.

More here : theintercept.com...

And this : www.euronet.nl...

Project Echalon :

Menwith Hill is the largest electronic monitoring station in the world. It is run by the US National Security Agency (NSA), which monitors the world's communication for US intelligence.

Menwith Hill employs 1,200 US civilians and servicemen to work around the clock inside "hardened" buildings intercepting and analysing communications mainly from Europe, Russia and the Middle East.

Until a few years ago, the existence of the NSA was a secret and its charter and any mention of its duties are still classified.

But, it does have a Web site) in which it describes itself as being responsible for the signals intelligence and communications security activities of the US government. *cough cough again*

All telecommunications traffic to and from Europe and passing through Britain is intercepted at the base, including private telephone calls, faxes, emails and other communications.

Much of the information is collected, processed and relayed back to the United States automatically. A great deal of this information comes from spy satellites and the base has a number of large white golfballs or "radomes" containing satellite receiving dishes.

The importance of MHS to US intelligence activities has recently been emphasised by the closure of other UK stations run by NSA, and by its new designation as a Regional Sigint Operations Centre (RSOC) which is responsible for running remote, automated intelligence-gathering sites.

So... back to the piss up... :

Why not hold it at the timble Inn... would be a great place for tin foil hat fetishists no?

Warmest respects

Lags

Ps. Erm, why is there all of the sudden loads of blokes in black SUVs with GMC written on the front running around my house with massive big guns with laser sights shouting "GO GO GO"?

PPs. Otherwise I can propose to hold a meeting in France... We have loads of camping space and a massive great humongous vineyard???
edit on 4-1-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I reckon anyone who can make it should come along

Yeah no qualms on divulging my user name....it be only a moniker fort'interweb

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join