It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desestabilization of Mexico - A Live Perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Howerver if you sell your house you make no money just what you bought it for WTF.

Its scary, especially with inflation, the Mexican's that sell never make their money back.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Oh boy, there's so much disinfo in the OP that I have to come back from retirement too, here are some real verifiable facts:

Fuel prices were increased by 15% on January 1st and people are protesting in certain regions, how are they protesting?, well they are closing highways making innocent people lose their time and ironically some expensive fuel too.

Electricity rates will be increased around 4% for industries, 3% for commerce and 2.6% for high consumption homes, where I live that means more than 850 KwH per month.
We are billed every two months, here's the breakdown of my latest bill due January 7th, the price of the KwH increases with consumption:

Price per KwH
001 to 150 KwH: 0.793 pesos (0.039 USD)
151 to 300 KwH: 0.956 pesos (0.047 USD)
301 and above: 2.802 pesos (0.140 USD)

Where did the OP came up with his alleged 50% increase?, that is something I really would like to know, I assume he just don't know how to read the rates in the bill, since I don't use more than 850KwH per month the effective increase was zero, nada.

The rant about the new "property tax" is also way wrong, if someone sells his home no government is going to keep the increase in the price of the property, that's absurd, this is how it works, say you have a real state company and you purchase some land very cheap because it didn't have basic services and infrastructure, later the government develop that area and you make a building in your property using the new infrastructure, that's when you will have to pay a one time fee, this is nothing new and it's already been used for many years in other states, the thing is that Mexico City now is an state and they need to finish their very first local constitution this month, so people over there are freaking out with topics that are common elsewhere.

Having said that maybe you are wondering why people is protesting, looting, etc. Well, it's a complex thing for sure, but something important to keep in mind is that some areas in Mexico are heavily subsidized, they had been receiving handouts from the government for decades, so when you try to make them pay real market prices they just go nuts, OP being a good example with his civil war scenarios, bloodshed on the streets, etc.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

1. Mexicans also have guns.
2. Mexico also have labor unions that will tie your ass up in court for months if you try to do anythng that affects its membership!

Soooo.... must be something else then

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: JakiusFogg

So the thing that has always troubled me is WHY is Mexico essentially a third world country? In all these decades why are they still, for lack of a better word, so far behind the Americans?

I am asking for an opinion sincerely. In other words, I'm not trying to insult Mexico or Mexicans. I just find it difficult to comprehend why, with all the basic ingredients to be on par with (or perhaps "better" than) the United States... Mexico lags behind.

I think Mexico is third world because they do not and will embrace the American axiom that places money and ever increasing efficiency about all else. Mexicans put quality of life above money and ruthless competition every time.
There is also
The Mexican people truly live in a free market culture and it is something Americans can learn from.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kazike

50% Increase

Informador 20% fuel rise

As for bloodshed on the streets, I guess you haven't been to Michoacan or Guerrero recently? Tell me the official line about the grupos de autodefensa? the people are still looking for 43 you know! and since then it happens everyday in every city.

But your position would be that people are protesting in every corner of the country because, they're just ... crazy!? as for blocking the highways you're behind the times, their now opening the casetas and letting people through for free. thus reducing fuel usage as no need to stop and start again.

edit on 3/1/2017 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

1. Mexicans do not have guns like Americans.
2. Mexicans have not fought for workers' rights like Americans.

I'm not talking about court battles, I mean actual battles with guns, and not just once or twice, but over and over again they have had armed conflicts over workers' rights.

Go do the research, you'll see I'm right.

And no, I am not debating or stating an opinion, I am telling you as a matter of fact: workers' unions are the reason.

The people are going to work no matter who is in charge, so it's not about who is in charge, but what the workers are willing to put up with. And that is what you're seeing in Mexico right now: the workers are saying "no".

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Just because you are being told Pemex is bankrupt and you have no oil refining capacity doesn't mean it is so. Governments lie, that is what they do best.

And America goes into countries covertly to cause discord and take control of oil...Besides lying, causing disruption and taking control of oil in countries, especially vulnerable ones is what the US does best. I don't think I have to name all the countries we have entered covertly to accomplish this.

Excuse me for being so cynical. But I absolutely believe the US has a hand in this and of course US companies are now the recipients. Feel free to educate me/us on why this can't be possible.

I am feeling guilty for being a Texan and not paying more attention to what is going on with our neighbor.

Hoping Mexico is waking up to what is going on worldwide.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

DenunciasMX?, you really need to improve your news sources, here's the official press release:

saladeprensa.cfe.gob.mx...

So 99% of the homes are like mine and will not be affected, are you are from the wealthy 1%?

Even the left journalists are accepting that the property tax was not understood by the people in Mexico City.

Plusvalia en CDMX

So in Michoacan people is killing because of the fuel and electricity prices?, and those 43 you miss were stealing, looting and set fire to a gas station killing an innocent person as you should know, I have never been there, but here in the northern states if a drug cartel commando is looking for you that mean you were probably messing with them first, no different of how any mafia operates all around the world.

edit on 4-1-2017 by kazike because: Link fixed

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

To be honest that sounds more like the Zetas than some form of government... When the Zetas had Matamoros just across the border from Brownsville, Tx. they had their fingers into everything to include if you sold a house they wanted and were going to get their more than fair share..If you were a realtor and made 300$ on a sale of property they wanted half. You drove a bus and made 20$ a week they demanded 5$.. Luckily the gulf cartel moved back in with the help of a corrupt Mexican major who gathered 2 APCs and 600 troops and attacked Tony's the torturers hacienda and kill him. Stores reopened and things went back to their usual way of doing things.. but not quite...

It has always been the plan to get a nation to sell their assets to someone else so whatever is derived can be sold back to them at a profit for the globalist.

We had a bought and paid for prime minister get kicked out of the country with a bounty on his head for doing that crap with the nation's assets.. he is still on the run but a couple of billion dollars can by friends just about anyplace..

I have had allot of Mexican friends who, I shot with, hunted, fished, and palled around with on some serious feral pig hunts.. None of them that I can remember were happy with how their government and country had turned out.. but as they say nothing they can do about it and besides, it is always the chicken who sticks his head up and draws attention to itself that ends in the cooking pot. Very true words for the citizens of Mexico IMO.

Sad really for the country has so much going for it if it were not the gateway for the drug trade.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Protesting in every corner of the country?, well in my city the population is almost
5 million and yesterday only 50 were reported protesting, yeah is not a typo, 50, five-zero.

Protesta en Monterrey

Actually in my twitter timeline there are so many more tweets about NFL playoffs and other trivial stuff than this huge fuel apocalypse, and this is the city with the highest living costs in the country by the way.
edit on 4-1-2017 by kazike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What the hell are you talking about? Cede land to Mexico? What law states (and who has the power over the US) that if we build a wall the land from that wall to the previous border is forfeit?

You making things up?

Face it, you're economy is taking a hit because Trump won office. It is getting hit HARD. Mexico has RELIED on the US for far too long.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

With the corruption from the drug trade influencing the government for so many years, it's a wonder the country is still standing at this point. Mexico has such beautiful places, it's a shame they can't oust the cartels and take back the country and run it like it should be run.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

There's not going to be a wall.
There's not going to be new jobs though trump would take credit for the sun rising if he could.
There won't be any tax reform that benefits the middle class only the wealthy and corporations.

You've been duped.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

There's not going to be a wall.
There's not going to be new jobs though trump would take credit for the sun rising if he could.
There won't be any tax reform that benefits the middle class only the wealthy and corporations.

You've been duped.

Donald Trump will never be President, too, right?

We're done listening to you.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

We're done listening to you.

In the immortal words of F. Gump
"That's all I have to say about that."

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So 41 comments here in over 7 years? And you come on and spout the party line, and downplay what is happening. Thats right nothing to see, everything is normal, costs are normal, salaries are normal, working conditions is normal, crime rate is normal, corruption is normal, impunity is normal, selling the arse of the people to the global elites..... all normal.

Let me get one thing straight, I am not Mexican, I have lived in countries with privatised energy sectors. They exist to make a profit, not to make power, or gas, or petroleum. And what will happen here will price you and the other 99% of people into the floor, to the point where you in the North in winter may have to decide whether you eat or heat. Now, for many that point is already been way surpassed, as you well should know. But that's the advantage I have over you, my experience of what Privatisation is really like. You have no idea whats coming.

But just keep beleiving what the authorities say, I mean, they have no reason to lie to you now do they?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Very simple, as I said, if "the wall" is build ON the border line, people have to work on both sides. Those working on then MEXICAN side MUST have work visas or face arrest and deportation. That is simply the law. We'll just apply the same stance you the USA. simples.

The solution to that would be to build it further back un US territory so there would be no need for said visas etc. Of course any land on the southern side will immediately be filled with Barbeques, and Tainguis.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I know that, this is about Mexico, not trump. There is a difference between the two. I know its hard sometimes for you lot to differentiate between mexico and trump, seeing as he totally capitulated at the news conference in Mexico City and said how wonderful Mexico is, but that doesn't make him Mexico.

So this is very simple. When someone is discussing issues about and going on inside the country that is known as Mexico. Please understand we are not talking about the person called Donald Trump whom you keep confusing with the former,. Therefore there is no need to mention him, as he has nothing to do with the latter.

Remember - Mexico is a country
Trump is the same without the "ry" on the end.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And here is the problem You're saying "I don't use more than 850 KwH in a month" like thats normal. Thats is 1700KwH every billing cycle. Now, I don;t know about Monterrey, but down here in Jalisco, in my billing area, you blew your limite de alto consumo by 1070Kwh in that billing cycle. And you claim to be in the 99%

Also you might note that the limites de consumo are area related, so although the rates might not have changes, pay close attention to you usage limits, they may have changed and you are about to be billed into the floor!!

Tarifas - CFE

See point 2. the upper limit is defined by the average usage in you locality. So those that use less in general get slammed when they use a bit more, than their allowance. Now please try to explain to me how thatg is fair, when I hear people like you stating that 1700LwH every billing cycle "is normal" when it clearly is not.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The consumption limits were put in place based on the weather of each region and they are not changing, here in the north are greater because is hotter on summer and colder on winter, so you need more air conditioning, I had been in Guadalajara on summer and a regular fan is all you need most of the time, I don't think you will ever have 40+ degrees Celsius.

The calculation to know if your home is over the consumption limit or not is based on a 12 month rolling average, if you pass the limit a few months once in a while you don't get hurt, here we don't need air conditioning in February, March, April, October and November, so I know that even if I pass the limit on the most extreme months it will be fine on the 12 month average.

If you have 850KwH per month that means you can use 28KwH every day. Do you know how much power is consumed by home appliances at all?, a modern fridge don't use more than 2KwH per day, even a big one, so the only thing you need to control is the air conditioning, I have three wall units, one of them running pretty much all day and still use less than 20KwH per day on summer in average, my highest consumption in 2016 was June-July with 1541 KwH, the lowest on March-April with 580, my 12 month average at the moment is 940 per bimester and paying $90 USD on average every 2 months is a very reasonable rate in my opinion, so if I am way within the basic consumption limits having a 180 square meters house in one of the hottest regions then I do believe that more than 90% of the people is within those limits easily, what are your numbers?, how much are you using?, how old are you?, are you paying bills at all or just repeating what you read on radical news sources?

edit on 4-1-2017 by kazike because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join