It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desestabilization of Mexico - A Live Perspective

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

I do, but they;re in Spanish and so against the T&C here

but here is a video in spanish!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Here are people taking over a station and giving away fuel in Chiapas

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Here are people taking over tollbooths on the highway near Villahermosa

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Protests in Nayarit

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Tear gas last night in Guadalajara
edit on 3/1/2017 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Super yay globalization

2nd hahahaha

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
NVRMND
edit on 3-1-2017 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

To be honest, time will tell. We should know this week. If this is going to spiral, or fissle out. At the moment the people have some momentum. IF someone picks this up and leads it, it could go all the way. THAT is jusy how tired and angry the people are of the injusticies.

Its very simple, the people here want a good honest life with a decent wage, and the chance to enjoy their rich diverse country. Is that too much to ask?? for the politicos and "other forces" it seems so. And so thats where the conflict lies.

Take this for example. Just before christmas the government hailed that the minimum wage has rised above inflation for the first time. it rose to $80.40 a DAY (8 hours work) in the mean time to approved for themselve and the house of reps and senators a $100K bonus for being "chingon". This was on top of the salary and legal annual christmas "aguinaldo". it turns out today that they also receive $20K in food vouchers and FUEL EXPENSES too

Imgaine our shock!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JakiusFogg

I was able to find some information about the gas issue(s). It seems this originated with some legislation back in 2013 but to be candid, I don't have enough knowledge about it yet to form an opinion. It does seem, however, that for many decades the price of gasoline was kept artificially low via government subsidies (as we in the United States do with certain items).

Do you have any further information about the selling-real-estate-and-forfeiting-gains issue? I was able to find nothing on that.

The thing that has always struck me about Mexico is how it has the same basic ingredients as the United States yet the results are seemingly so different.

The United States has LOTS of problems. We have corruption. To hit a low-hanging fruit as an example, we had people who were "bundlers" for Obama that ended up forming Solyndra and when the place shuttered after producing basically nothing, they walked away with a small fortune.

In a general sense, the United States has a tendency to let government intrude into the lives of people where it really has no business.

While it may depend on the specific conflict, I can see how people who live in quieter parts of the world may see the United States as overly aggressive and at times war hawks. (Again, it depends on the situation).

That being said.... the United States is doing okay. That is to say that despite all of our problems, the vast majority of people are doing more than just surviving. I don't trust any particular study so I won't cite one here but overall it is true that even the poor in the United States have air conditioning in the summer. The poor have cell phones. There is food in the cabinets and a roof over their head.

Mexico is a lot like the United States in so many ways. Relatively speaking, Mexico is a HUGE nation. Mexico has agriculture and livestock and oil and mining and thousands of miles of coastline and tourism and fishing. Although some traditions may differ, the "average" American and the "average" Mexican also share basic values. They both are family oriented (for the most part). They both value hard work and believe in an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. They both celebrate Christmas and New Years (and other holidays but hopefully you see where I'm going).

So the thing that has always troubled me is WHY is Mexico essentially a third world country? In all these decades why are they still, for lack of a better word, so far behind the Americans?

I am asking for an opinion sincerely. In other words, I'm not trying to insult Mexico or Mexicans. I just find it difficult to comprehend why, with all the basic ingredients to be on par with (or perhaps "better" than) the United States... Mexico lags behind.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Hmm interesting. I am discussing my upcoming trip to Mexico City with my friends who are meeting me there in February.
edit on Tue Jan 3 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Quote Crash Course

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JakiusFogg
a reply to: TommyD1966

Tommy, you need to search on youtube, facebook etc for Gasolinazo, and Plusvalia,but most will be in Spanish as you would expect, you will find some articles in some english speaking outlets in the north about protests, but is down played at the moment. As I say this is currently building, so for you guys, this is a scoop.

Thanks JakiusFogg, it does seem that US MSM does now have some articles out.

And you are correct - looks like you scooped the MSM!

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

BUT That is not the end. Today also we here of attempt to approve a law within Mexico City at the moment, that will force people to surrender the value gained on OWNED PROPERTY once sold minus the value of the original purchase price. Meaning that is a house is bought for $100,000 and sold for $200,000 the seller must pay the excess $100,000 to the government. Essentially they are saying they own your house. The reason they state is that rises in property prices are due to infrastructure "improvements" made by the government and therefore are attributable to them, and therefore they alone should benefit!!! If this passes in Mexico DF, this could go national.

Um, wasn't it tax money taken from the people that financed the infrastructure improvements in the first place? I guess now we know what austerity Mexican style looks like.

Thanks for the quality post, Jakius.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I hope you keep us up to date as the MSM is useless. it might be a plan to create a refugee crisis on the southern border, to create a state of emergency in the USA.I bet the Mexicans have about the same percentage of guns that Americans have, I hope people stay safe.
edit on 3-1-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Really good post, and don't worry I took it the way it was meant and thus written.

I know what you're saying. for disclosure, I am actually British, but have lived here for 7 years. my wife is from here, and my kids are Mexican citizens as well as British. And I have asked myself the same question.

However I give you this as an example of what the US and Europe went through that changed the demographics that Mexico and Latin american at large although I cannot comment on specific cases of other countries in L.A., did not.

1. the industrial revolution from a leading standpoint i.e, the 1800s for europe and the early 1900s for the USA after it abandoned it isolationist stance
2. the great depression
3. WW2
4. the cold war.

All of which pushed technological and international cooperational limits. but it also changed the country from massively agrarian to urban. and that made the difference.

Also the idealogical stance of negative liberty as defined by Isiah Berlin in the 60s helped push the US gravy train, as a way for the every man to fight against "the commies"

Meanwhile mexico too in the 1930s through 1950s was booming. national work, great steel mines, great massive farms, automobile production, and pride in Aviation. In the cities in old Mexican films I swear they were the same as LA or New York. This was Mexico Lindo y Querido. Even Elvis came to Acapulco, that was the San Tropez of the Mexican Pacific.

One big problem, it was a smoke screen, as meanwhile elsewhere in mexico the transition from agrarian to urban had not happened, and the massive population in the countryside, stayed poor and forgotten and mainly uneducated. this persists today.

Why? the populist PRI party have value in keeping the poor ignorant, that is who vote for them, and so the brakes it seems where put on hard to hinder stop and reverse it seems the progress that was being made. the coffers of the rich Mexican treasury were emptied, and the Pesos, once the reserve currency of the world, devalued by 1000. This was in the 90s. What we have seen since then is a kind of malaise, with 12 years of progress in the right direction, but a return to piopulist ways after the drug war debacle.

It is a beautiful place, with a wonderful people, and while I am not saying they have been given a bad hand, they have not have the influences that changed so much other countries.

But the youth of this connected generation as like any other millennials out there. if they can be motivated, which in the main they are, the government will have to change, and will change but generationally. However, i am not sure how long everyone can wait for that to happen, and so, we have what we have today

regarding the other plusvalia thing There are many videos on youtube about it, all in Spanish. search for Plusvalia immobiliaria. at the moment it is a thing in Mexico City that is in the works, so you will not see anything about it outside the Alt media in mexico. But if it goes national, TS will definitly HTF

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Indeed it was, that is the level of theft they consider that is making people so sick to the stomach.
2nd

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

the only thing I can say is keep up to date with state department advise. Don't put it off unless you have to, that would be a shame as you would miss an awesome experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I can see how people may think that, but to be honest, its more about opening the Mexican market to free trade and extracting the most out of it for their own gain, while desecrating everything the regular Jose holds sacred about his country.

I actually believe the gov believe that nothing will happen, and the people will bend over. Don't believe the hype that the Mexican government is just looking for ay to send people to the USA, nor that the dream of every Mexican is to go to the USA. the VAST MAJORITY want to stay here to build their patrimony and a better tomorrow por la Patria (For the fatherland, i.e. Mexico)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Saboteamos

A link to live events past present and future across the country.
edit on 3/1/2017 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Greetings One and All,

And I have come out of retirement to bring this to you. I have searched the board and the search agent, but so far there is nothing on this. An I am quite sure thatg it has yet to take hold in the MSM outside of Mexico, and to be honest has minimal traction here yet as it is early days.

OK a breakdown, a while ago the government of Mexico announced it was launching a series of reforms to the energy sector, and in particular the privatisation (non privatisation) and sell off (not selling off) of the state run oil company PEMEX. This has hit home just before the new year when it was quietly announced that PEMEX was effectually bankrupt, and had no oil refinery capability and essentially is now being sold to the USA to be sold back to Mexico once refined into gasoline. Since the 1st of January we have seen fuel price rise 20% and are set for more as market forces taken hold. Not a big issue some might say with fuel at around $3.50 a gallon currently. However when it is considered that the minimum wage in Mexico is only $80 pesos a day, and the average wage around $6 - 10K Pesos ($300 - $600 US) a month. It is a very different picture. Essentially in perspective Mexico now has the most expensive fuel in the world.

This is not the end of the story. The sell off and sale of the natural oil resources is considered by an large a flagrant breach of the constitution and what is term the "patrimonio" of the country. Essentially this is a betrayal of the people for a globalist agenda.

That is not the end. Again today we are told that electricity prices HAVE RISEN 50%. We're informed this on the latest CFE bill that arrive bi-monthly.

So, as a result, we have seen demonstrations in all major and minor cities starting yesterday and continuing through today. The government palace in Aguacalientes was stormed last night but with no further reports, highway roadblocks are in progress, attacks on gas stations have been reported, scuffles with riot police have been reported, and currently there are and continue to be the takeover of highway toll-booths nationwide from Tijuana down to Oaxaca. More protests are scheduled through the week, with other groups starting to organise, including those with political influence. In short it is starting to warm up.

BUT That is not the end. Today also we here of attempt to approve a law within Mexico City at the moment, that will force people to surrender the value gained on OWNED PROPERTY once sold minus the value of the original purchase price. Meaning that is a house is bought for $100,000 and sold for $200,000 the seller must pay the excess $100,000 to the government. Essentially they are saying they own your house. The reason they state is that rises in property prices are due to infrastructure "improvements" made by the government and therefore are attributable to them, and therefore they alone should benefit!!! If this passes in Mexico DF, this could go national.

If this happens what is happening now in relation to the "Gasolinazo" will be small beans, there is already talk of civil war, with this just being the final abuse of the people that broke the burros back!

Will the ghosts of Pacho Villa, Zapata, and Perhaps Hidalgo raise their heads once more, or will this just end in more bloodshed on the streets of Mexico.

I truly hope that the response this gets if any is not one I expect from our friends to the north, if it i I hope the majority of people can ignore to see this for the very serious situation for what it is, the deliberate destabilisation of a western democratic country, a federal republic, by TPTB with a globalist agenda.

For you consideration

Good evening,
JakiusFogg

The problems with PEMEX were not fatal, the problem was the president took a page out of the Republican playbook and
privatized a system that serving the people just fine. Mexico's gas have been price controlled and nationalized since the 1930's, while they do not have the same refining or storage capability as the US, it has served them fine for over 7 decades.

Now that the Mexican president sold out to US interests we see the reality. Privatizing added a 20% premium in a week, gotta make those profits mang.

Unlike STUPID Americans, the Mexicans won't take this $h!t lying down, I hope they hang their scumbag president. The Mexican people were right about him all along.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

So the thing that has always troubled me is WHY is Mexico essentially a third world country? In all these decades why are they still, for lack of a better word, so far behind the Americans?

1. Americans have guns.
2. Americans will fight to the death for worker's rights.

Research American labor unions, it will probably surprise you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join