It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New, New ATS Members Photos thread. Part 3.

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Not sure where to put it, but my brother brought an owl statue.

I think it's bad luck, but before everyone thinks I'm talking nonsense:

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   
You're supposed to put it outside, but mum's like, that will scare away all the birds.

Let's just put it behind the fireplace for now.

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
He probably meant it as a joke (bought at Aldi), but yip, I on the other hand tend to be a bit superstitious.

Not displaying it in the home.
edit on 26-5-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So who worshipped Moloch and the Great Owl?
Goerge Bush and everyone at Bohemian Grove.

The Canaanites?

Perhaps.

posted on Jul, 9 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Some red cabbage (which I still suggest is actually purple) and me.
Winter-time snack ...

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's been quite a while since I've posted in this thread. Hello ATS!

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CandidCandace

Hi Candid,

I see your smile, and raise ...

I owe you from a couple years ago.

This is without makeup. For a permit renewal.

I don't go out in public looking like that, I'm more tolerable to look at with a hat and glasses.

see?

10 years ago though.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The poker game is ongoing, I see! I'm glad that you remembered!

Those are very nice photos! And the second one is adorable!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ha! You got me on a search lol. I thought you posted in that game thread we had with Zosima, can't find that one, though.

I hope everything is okay health wise, I thought about you from time to time, because I didn't see you around.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CandidCandace

You have very beautiful eyes and did not get one day older it seems

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I need breaks. I think best when it isn't in public in front of a live audience. I get too easily caught up in feedback and think that I thought something that was actually just someone else's words. Then I'm a hypocrite.

But eventually I get bored in my own real thoughts and return to the interchange.

I am a weakling easily influenced.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Don't make yourself look worse than you are. Just be yourself. ♥

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest, when it comes to the ideal of "productive member of society" I am a complete failure.

I don't know if you like long stories, but here goes:

After I walked out for the third to last time from a job, which consisted of working around and supervised by nurses, I then told the property manager where I lived.

She said, "You've got to leave."

and I said, "I've made an appointment for a used goods store to see what they might take."

Her response was, "No. No. You have to leave right now."

So I threw some essentials in my car and drove away, leaving furniture, dishes, books, clothes all in the apartment. I lived in that car for a year. But I did have one of those portable cassette players in vogue in the 90s. My favorite cassette featured this song:

I eventually got another job, because the $500 which was to last me for the rest of my life had been exhausted, and I didn't feel like dying. Then I left that job for another, then after awhile I quit that too. I thought that I could get a job working around nurses again.

This was a different facility from the one I had left so precipitately. But I did know the nurse who was the HR person. Some years before, she had left nursing to work in a pizza joint, which she had enjoyed. But she returned to nursing. I asked her why she came back she said "For the money."

So she was HR and she asked me why I wanted to work there I said "for the money" thinking that she would remember. But I don't think she did. She said, "oh look, here comes the DNS (Director of Nursing Services)."

Wouldn't you know it! One of the nurses that I worked around at that other place I left. (cue the song).

She laughed. "How about you write an essay about how much you care, and can do a better job than before."

That's when I slipped out sideways. Back in those days, I was writing a lot of stuff and posting it on the breakroom bulletin board, a regular disruptive pamphleteer.

Then I gave up, went to the authorities and got officially declared unemployable. Mental Health Professionals endorsed the declaration.

So that's the story of my ability to produce for employers in an efficient (rapid) manner while also complying with all laws, standards and practices. Very very sub-standard.
edit on 20-8-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You tried, isn't that not worth something? I remember some talks we had about things like this and your memory that you hinted on above. Don't blame yourself, ok?

Are you housed now with some free time on your disposal? Just an idea, maybe you enjoy helping society in different ways? If you yearn to be a productive member, even the small things can be fulfilling. Like helping people over the road or get groceries for sick or immobile people. Or just visiting the local retirement home and talk with people there.

I would like to offer to meditate for you and try sending you some positive energy for your free disposal. That is, if you accept it. It helped people before and I would like to share some with you, it reads like you could use it.

I won't start without permission. If you do not feel like it, decline. Whatever helps you the most

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I'm just fine now. I've been living in a rented room for at least 3 years now.

You may ask "a year on $500?" Frugality. A good habit. When I see homeless people, I give them a $20. I'm thinking it's time to give Shriner's Hospital another donation. Maybe Red Cross for Maui.

I am a man of means,
by no means king of the road(slang for hobo).

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Identification, please!

lol I got a new camera and am playing around a little. It took me almost a week to figure out what all the thingies do, I don't do insta or any social media so ATS has to endure the result of my experiments

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The tone of the image is nice, almost like an old sepia photograph.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I gave up on the cheap digital camera I bought. The total instruction manual was How To Install Battery in 47 languages. That's it. Nothing else. The manufacturer doesn't even have a webpage for further instruction.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ah globalisation... lol I didn't really look into what I was buying, much more the general stats and bought from Sweden, imported from HongKong manufactured in China... so it was wild to find even a brand name or anything, it doesn't exist just in this one Swedish shop...

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Ah globalisation... lol I didn't really look into what I was buying, much more the general stats and bought from Sweden, imported from HongKong manufactured in China... so it was wild to find even a brand name or anything, it doesn't exist just in this one Swedish shop...

That happens a lot with online retailers, one residential address in Wales had 400+ eBay shops registered there and all roads led to China .

I got conned myself when I bought a bike online thinking it was coming from Switzerland, yip made in China rubbish arrived and is totally useless as a bike .

Ps

new topics

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83 >>

join