It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has the opportunity for Russia America cooperation in military sector

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Think about it. Russia has the world's best jet engines. America has the world's best cockpit display systems. Russia and America can trade technologies to improve both of their militaries. Trump and Putin can make it happen.
edit on 3-1-2017 by AdamHeiman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Not just the military but everywhere. The US and Russia could lead the way to a unified humanity under a coalition type arrangement, not a dictatorial extranational body (UN) or by conquest (Global Empire) and propel us into a new era.

I feel like the Cold War never really ended so long as the Bush/Clinton faction stayed in power, with Obama being an extension of that.

Seeing the Russians as our friends, not just as an "ally" we hold at arm's length could end the tension once and for all.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamHeiman

Trump catches hell for just talking nice to the Russians.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Anyone who fought Russians died. Napoleon. Hitler.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Not just the military but everywhere. The US and Russia could lead the way to a unified humanity under a coalition type arrangement, not a dictatorial extranational body (UN) or by conquest (Global Empire) and propel us into a new era.

Like a new world order?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What!

Uh...no....very no.

Why on earth do you think russia has the best jet engines?

Last time i checked they catch fire and shutdown randomly.

America has great reliable jet engines. Some so cutting edge and classified they barely even qualify as jet engines as theyve surpased that era in aviation.

Weve even got hybrid engines.

Then theres advent engines etc...

Your right though our HUD and sensor fusion and suites are far beyond anything the world knows.

Russia builds pretty jet aircraft that are designed to fight a type of war thats long gone and obsolete.

They do have scary missile systems. but then again we gotta surprise for that too.

So nooooo. Us and russia should not cooporate in building fighter jets together.
edit on 3-1-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Russian jet engines have 3D vectoring and high power. American jet engines don't have 3D vectoring.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Also Russia has new T-14 tanks that have manless turrets. America does not have any new tanks.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Trump will only be able to turn down the cold war 2.0 and you will probably not see Russia and the US so close as to share their more important assets . Its a balancing act when it come to power and Russia has set sail for bigger and better things in education and IT . I am fond of the 4 beast that will arise and the west is the one beast that the little horn power comes from . The other beasts are not going to be destroyed but will remain for a time .

Because the US went all global in their attempt to be #1 the other beasts are forming a alliance to respect and not dominate the others .

Alliances to Resist In the course of the last two decades, the relationship between the three major powers of the Heartland, the heart of the Earth, changed radically. Iran, Russia and China have fully understood that union and cooperation are the only means for mutual reinforcement. The need to fight a common problem, represented by a growing American influence in domestic affairs, has forced Tehran, Beijing and Moscow to resolve their differences and embrace a unified strategy in the common interest of defending their sovereignty. Events such as the war in Syria, the bombing of Libya, the overthrowing of the democratic order in Ukraine, sanctions against Iran, and the direct pressure applied to Beijing in the South China Sea, have accelerated integration among nations that in the early 1990s had very little in common.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trump is only one side of the many faces of the US power .Russia and the rest know this and will never sleep in the same bed but will use diplomacy and caution from hear on out .imo

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

3d thrust vectoring. You mean like big heavy exhaust nozzles that weigh down the aircraft and are prone to breakdiwns and all sort of mechanical failure.

We experimented with that. Found a much better solution.

Besides the usa has fluedic thrust vectoring. No movable parts. Much lighter. Much more stealthy.

As for high thrust. Yeah russias got powerful engines. USA might have engines that produce much more power than you might think. I wont disclose to you how or why but you can say our new jet engine designs are rather...brilliant

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
What!

Uh...no....very no.

Why on earth do you think russia has the best jet engines?

Last time i checked they catch fire and shutdown randomly.

America has great reliable jet engines. Some so cutting edge and classified they barely even qualify as jet engines as theyve surpased that era in aviation.

Weve even got hybrid engines.

Then theres advent engines etc...

Your right though our HUD and sensor fusion and suites are far beyond anything the world knows.

Russia builds pretty jet aircraft that are designed to fight a type of war thats long gone and obsolete.

They do have scary missile systems. but then again we gotta surprise for that too.

So nooooo. Us and russia should not cooporate in building fighter jets together.

I think he may of meant rocket engines, and he may be right, Today Nasa is using russian engines that were built nearly 40 years ago because we still can't build them and where deemed impossible.

There is a documentary on youtube called "the engines that came in from the cold" that can give you the details, Its a fascinating story

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Tanks. You mean steel coffin and fodder for close air support aircraft.

The T-14. Wasnt that the tank that brokedown right in the middle of its inaugural military parade.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Rocket engines. Sure they make great rocket engines.

Maybe theres better ways to get things into space these days but the publics never going to find out about them

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdamHeiman
Think about it. Russia has the world's best jet engines.

I think people who know about these things would beg to differ. Russian jet engine technology has always trailed the real players in the market, notably P&W, RR and GE. This applies to civil and military engines.

The US is not about to start to compromise its lead military areas by cooperating with a fickle and unreliable Russia. Fantasists may think this will happen, but it won't.

What Russian technologies are more advanced than the US and the advanced developed West? What can the Russian's do that the others cannot?

EDIT to add. Russia has a GDP smaller than South Korea and a undiversified economy. Russia brings nothing to the table.

edit on 3/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Tanks. You mean steel coffin and fodder for close air support aircraft.

The T-14. Wasnt that the tank that brokedown right in the middle of its inaugural military parade.

The T14 at the parade was stalled by the driver, But that is a fantastic tank, When Russia unveiled that tank last year, Jaws in the west dropped, We have nothing like it, The abrams is old now, even with updates. TOW technology has surpassed it's armour capability, For a while there there was a new video on liveleak every of an abrams on fire (Houthis vs Saudis), It was once deemed invincible.... British challenger slightly better but pretty much the same armour. As much as people dont like to hear it, The T14 is a next generation tank, And we dont have competitor for it.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

No i get that. I just wonder if the usa isnt looking too hard at new tank designs and may believe they are a thing of the past. I know there is clamorning for a new tank for the usa in some military circles but maybe opposition to the idea is superior close air support arguments

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Maybe we can work with Japan to start morphing ground and air assets into MECH technology. Japan is an ally we can count on for cooperative innovation! The only help from Russia that would benefit us is responsive armor that'll keep our tanks from getting blown up by the volume of ATGM now all over the region in the Mid East. It would not surprise me if in five years they start trickling down to drug gangs and Mafias due to how heavily they have been proliferated during WW3.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Su-35S's 3D thrust vectoring engines are amazing. The US does not have such kind of engines. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I agree. Japan woyld make a good partner. Thet are working on their own stealth aircraft and are needed in that region to keep n. Korea and especially china in check.

Plus i think we can trust japan. Maybe not with all the secrets but wity some and create a mutially beneficial relationship

top topics

<<   2 >>

join