It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Donald Trump, as a Malignant Narcissist, Turning the alt-right against the alt-right?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

You can't substitute garbage sourcing for garbage sourcing and expect me to suddenly say "oh yeah! NOW I see what you mean!" Like I said Trump very well may be a narcissist, but you are a LONG way from proving it.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There are plenty of professional psychologists, who feel that Trump is a classical narcissist, as a google search will reveal.
Also, look up the Goldwater Rule. from wiki:

"The Goldwater rule is the informal name given to of Section 7.3 in the American Psychiatric Association's (APA) code of ethics which states it is unethical for psychiatrists to give a professional opinion about public figures they have not examined in person and obtained consent from to discuss their mental health"

The question is, "who is not a narcissist, as loosely the disorder is defined." A little narcississm is healthy in everyone, for self esteem and confidence, but to me, when you get the "control freak-know-it-all", type of narc- watch out!

According to Dr. Jean Twenge,, author of “The Narcissism Epidemic”, in her blog,

Psychology Today

from Dr Twinges Blog:

“Is Donald Trump Actually Insecure Underneath?
Why the mask model of narcissism is dangerous"
Posted Mar 16, 2016
I’m often asked how you can spot a narcissist. Here’s my standard list:
Brag or show off
Name-dropping
Name brands or flashy possessions
Look at themselves in the mirror a lot
Turn the conversation back to him/herself
Insults others
Declarations about being the “best” or “great” without details
Emphasizes his/her status
Brag or show off "
It does not take much to be a narc in her ideas, especially in America!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You can't substitute garbage sourcing for garbage sourcing and expect me to suddenly say "oh yeah! NOW I see what you mean!" Like I said Trump very well may be a narcissist, but you are a LONG way from proving it.

OK, I'll just leave the proving to The Donald himself. His tweets are more than helpful with this.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Like I said, I'm no Trump supporter, so you don't need to worry about convincing me. I was just saying that your evidence isn't credible enough to prove your point.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I replied to you yesterday, but I do ot see the reply here today.(new member)
i must not have hit submit.

anyway, the reply regarded the GoldWater Rule, of the American Psychiatric Association, which precludes members from making opinions about people, who are not clients, who have expressly permitted the disclosure. However, I did find one, from the author of "The Narcissism Epidemic".

Is Donald Trump Insecure?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: davido
Yeah. I saw your reply and it does present a much better case than the OP did for what he is trying to say. Sorry I didn't respond.

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

It's cool. I rewrote the reply, because I couldn't find the original. I assumed it never posted.
Thank You

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join