It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Yorkshire police shoot man dead just off the M62.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This happened last night and details are slowly coming through.
It was part of an ongoing investigation and one man dead and five others arrested thing is this is only a couple of miles away from me near Ainley Top I recognise the place it happened.

"A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "During a pre-planned policing operation near to the M62 in Huddersfield, a police firearm was discharged and a man has died.
"An immediate referral has been made to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC), who are in attendance in West Yorkshire, and West Yorkshire Police are fully co-operating with their investigation."

www.bbc.co.uk...

Now I work in a place called Fartown (not far from the police shooting)and it is dog rough we have had 2 firearm discharges in the area a couple of stabbings next door to my work in the Churchyard and our female staff has asked for taxis to and from work because they don't feel safe.

Big news here in the UK and the BBC have a live feed to do with it here.
www.bbc.co.uk...
I think drugs tbh the police have said it is not terror related.
Will update when we find out more.
edit on 3-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I hope no one else is hurt. Thank you for posting this news article, I'll be watching this.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I saw this on the news.

The wordihg is a bit ambivalent. Did they preplan the whole operation, or just the firearms discharge?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandy555
I saw this on the news.

The wordihg is a bit ambivalent. Did they preplan the whole operation, or just the firearms discharge?

If it's drug ralated and they had intel that the person or persons might be armed then i'm pretty sure they would have been watching them.. The Police dont normally shoot drug dealers for dealing drugs. They will shoot them if they believe they are armed though. The thing with drug dealing is very little time is actually spent dealing..Most of the time it's about intimidation and control of your manor....

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I can only think of one scenario where the police becomes judge and jury. And that is if the perpetrator poses an imminent and otherwise unstoppable danger to the public.
If it was drug related, I feel that the killing is unlawful as drug dealers pose no instant danger.
If they however know that nothing can stop these perps from killing innocent civilians, then it is necessary to shoot them dead.
Same with a hostage situation.

What I find most worrying is that we are not told why. I mean, what is going on? Do we have no right to know why the police is shooting someone without going to court?

If these perps were a danger as described above, then we MUST be told. The news are nowadays not even trying to conceal their manipulations.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Forensics are on the scene so I bet we get told what happened later.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
West Yorkshire police aren't exactly known for careless shootings....in fact no police here are. It takes some time and persuasion to even get permission the armed response unit.

As I'm down the road from Ainley Top and hang around in Huddersfield causing trouble
I know there has been some tension between the Pakistani gangs and the Yardies. They are normally armed but tend to fight amongst themselves and you rarely hear about it to be honest unless it spills out into the public

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Yeah it was 2010 the last time West Yorkshire police shot someone.
Yeah lots of gangs around here I know a few and they are just kids with no future so turn to selling weed.
We should sort out a West Yorkshire ATS hookup I know a few member around here
If the New Yorkers can do it so can we
edit on 3-1-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

And here I am thinking I was the only nutjob in the area

You'll probably know also then that there's been tons of crap between the Kurds Yardies and Pakistanis over territory drugs and prostitution around Hudds too been going on a while now fairly quietly

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Sky News have now put a name to the man.
news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Obsidian303

Could it be this fella cleared of murder in 2010?.

www.examiner.co.uk...

The age fits.
It appears he was a bad un.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The thing with drug dealing is very little time is actually spent dealing..Most of the time it's about intimidation and control of your manor....

We obviously know different drug dealers ha ha. I think it depends how high up the food chain they are to be honest, the lower end ones that shift a bit of weed and valium spend most of their time selling stuff, it's the higher up guys, maybe a couple of steps above then that need to keep their house in order, I'm bit sure though as I've only ever met one of those guys. I do know one or two people who have been desparate enough to turn to dealing to make ends meet, they're helluva nice people too.

It seems a bit extreme to shoot a drug dealer, is there any evidence of this or is that just the opinion of the day?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I have been checking him out and he had a company Go claims limit which dissolved in 2012 and It is the same fella cleared of Murder in 2010.
It was registered at a house address (I know the street).
Gonna ask around my less savory mates to see If they knew what he was up to.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Just found more details of the court case in 2010.

www.examiner.co.uk...

He has form in Drugs offences and wounding.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The thing with drug dealing is very little time is actually spent dealing..Most of the time it's about intimidation and control of your manor....

We obviously know different drug dealers ha ha. I think it depends how high up the food chain they are to be honest, the lower end ones that shift a bit of weed and valium spend most of their time selling stuff, it's the higher up guys, maybe a couple of steps above then that need to keep their house in order, I'm bit sure though as I've only ever met one of those guys. I do know one or two people who have been desparate enough to turn to dealing to make ends meet, they're helluva nice people too.

It seems a bit extreme to shoot a drug dealer, is there any evidence of this or is that just the opinion of the day?

I've known one or two drug dealers who never so much as saw the drugs..Cash...They saw plenty cash and in one case once a month or when required, visit from a high up Police CID officer...Make of that what you will.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: djz3ro

I have been checking him out and he had a company Go claims limit which dissolved in 2012 and It is the same fella cleared of Murder in 2010.
It was registered at a house address (I know the street).
Gonna ask around my less savory mates to see If they knew what he was up to.

This Company..? Company in name only it would seem..Doesn't appear to be much money flowing through the business..

Have to laugh at the Nature of Business section at the bottom of the page...

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Just found more details of the court case in 2010.

www.examiner.co.uk...

He has form in Drugs offences and wounding.

One and the same Safraz Hussain ?

Drugs..

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I can only think of one scenario where the police becomes judge and jury. And that is if the perpetrator poses an imminent and otherwise unstoppable danger to the public.

lucky you.
the US police lives by a different motto... and technicalities and high priced lawyers and police chiefs editing footage.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Hecate666

lucky you.
the US police lives by a different motto... cheers:

Yeah, Kill first, Ask questions later it would seem..lol

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport
Oh the benefits of multicultural integration heh. What no white gangs involved?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join