It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shouldn't ALL forms of transportation require this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In the wake of reading this and about the many "accidents" involving transportation, shouldn't every mode require the operator of any vehicles to breathe into a Breathalyzer in order to engage the key or push a button to start the engine first? Including privately owned?

Boozing Altitude: Pilot Found Passed Out Drunk in Cockpit Before Takeoff: Cops

The pilot of a Canadian flight bound for Mexico over the weekend was arrested after police say he was so drunk prior to departure that he lost consciousness in the cockpit. According to Calgary Police, Capt. Miroslav Gronych was scheduled to pilot a Sunwing Airlines Boeing 737 Saturday morning with 99 passengers aboard and six flight crewmembers under his charge.

I do not fly often, but I do get in a bus from time to time, perhaps I should invest in a personal hand held apparatus and require whoever is at the helm to breathe into my machine before I let them take me anywhere.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Don't you wonder just how many "accidents" occurred because of drunk operators?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is an idea I can get behind.

Being in control of a vehicle drunk is disgusting.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Surprised it isn't already. Time to child proof the world to save us all from the dumbasses.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth

Don't you wonder just how many "accidents" occurred because of drunk operators?

Lots . Lots . Lots .
I came out , to find my t-craft upended and going into the ice .
I had stopped for ( more ) beer .
I didn't learn ... the old broken propeller is now hanging in my favorite saloon .
I'm glad my friend came in the beer joint with me ...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
In the wake of reading this and about the many "accidents" involving transportation, shouldn't every mode require the operator of any vehicles to breathe into a Breathalyzer in order to engage the key or push a button to start the engine first? Including privately owned?

Guilty until proven innocent?

I have 2-3 alcoholic beverages per year, and only when staying over night in a hotel and not driving. I object to being assumed guilty and having to prove innocence should I want to drive each of the other 362-363 days of the year.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sounds like a pain in the ass if you ask me, 99.99999 % of people dont drink and drive, And some people use their car for work and can be in and out of the car dozens of times each day, Would they have to go through the process each time they start the engine? How many 10 of millions of lost man hours would that cost each year?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sure. Let's make laws assuming 100% of people might be guilty, so we'll put a breathalyzer on everything just in case.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Not foolproof by any means.. Just get someone else to blow into it...

And this..

I should invest in a personal hand held apparatus and require whoever is at the helm to breathe into my machine before I let them take me anywhere.

Wannabe copper huh? I'm sure you woud walking.... A lot!
edit on 2/1/17 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

I kinda thought of that too. Some sober joe on the street would be more than willing to do that. People can be that stupid.
It's a good idea in theory but it's too much of a pain and wouldn't prevent as much as it says it would.
How about we just install video cameras in everyone's cars and homes and even aircraft and link it to big brother. (sarcasm... jeez, I best not give em ideas)

Driving a car under the influence is on the list of the stupidest, most reckless, awful, criminal things a human can do.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There should be a law against anybody wanting a law for everybody else simply because they feel unsafe in a common situation.

Is the snowflake syndrome contagious?
Seems like it.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Breathalyzers can be faked by getting someone else to blow air around, or even use a balloon. They tried using eye gaze trackers to generate alarms when the driver seemed to doze off or lose concentration. But that can be faked with a cardboard face mask. The problem with idiots is that they are so ingenious.

Some successful safety systems are anti-skid braking which measures the relative speed between a free moving flywheel around each wheel axle and the actual wheel speed. If there is a sudden change between the two, the speed is reduced. There are ultrasonic distance estimators used for parking.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

before I let them take me anywhere.

Before you "let" them? Are you assuming it's your right to demand transportation? Or that it's someone's privilege to give you a ride?
Who's going to pay to have them installed? Some of them are on a monthly lease and you pay for the installation plus monitoring. Who will pay for that, to have the privilege to take you places?
I mean really, we should all just get in line, right?

Did you honestly think this through, or just assume it was your right to demand everyone conform to your ideas on safety?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
some people would never cut their grass again if there was a Breathalyzer on their riding mower,mowing sober is just too boring for some people.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Sure. Let's make laws assuming 100% of people might be guilty, so we'll put a breathalyzer on everything just in case.

Guilty without an explanation transcends Orwell . Most people seem to know why they are about to be persecuted ...
The problem is ... why have a roadblock , if everyone is guilty ?
Who would you fine ?

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I think all transportation should include a personal driver and free gas paid 2 weeks out of every month by the Oil Congloms.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slakecontagia
originally posted by: schuyler

Guilty without an explanation transcends Orwell . Most people seem to know why they are about to be persecuted ...
The problem is ... why have a roadblock , if everyone is guilty ? Who would you fine ?

You seem to have a problem detecting sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Or you could just get a car and drive yourself.

top topics

join