It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge halts federal transgender health protections

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: seasonal

Once transgenderism is recognized as the mental disorder it truly is then those with this disease will find protection under the Americans with Disabilities Acts. Until then they are just some weirdos wanting special rights.

Like the far right Fundamental Christians?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Good point, but the Dr. would have to be very knowledgeable with the hormone treatments, and other problems that arise with surgery and treatments.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Once transgenderism is recognized as the mental disorder it truly is then those with this disease will find protection under the Americans with Disabilities Acts. Until then they are just some weirdos wanting special rights.

I don't know anything about those people. You will need to form your own opinion.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

More like Catholics.

I'll give you a hint. You probably don't want to go looking for sex re-assignment surgery at a Catholic hospital. You probably don't want to go looking for an abortion of convenience there either although they may do medically necessary ones (ectopic pregnancy).

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I get that you hate transgender people and feel they are inferior to you, but they already have protections as U.S. citizens. As U.S. citizens, they deserve to be treated when they go to doctors for illness like anyone else.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You mean like when women such as myself undergo hysterectomies and are on hormone replacement therapy? Yes, there are plenty of doctors who can deal with this.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

- that's what i tried to tell in previous post love,
it has *nothing to do with (fundamental) christianity* , this topic

it's but projected AS IF IT WERE

..hooking upon the automatic reflexes They conditioned the people to vieuw this topic :
as if it were a fight between (fundamental) christianity and Their 'modernism'.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hello?

originally posted by: ketsuko
No. Forcing a doctor to go against his or her beliefs in provision of care is what is being argued. Health care providers have long had freedom of conscience where things like abortion (another topic that fell under this set of rules) are concerned.

What type of care would go against a doctor's religious beliefs?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I don't know anything about those people. You will need to form your own opinion.

You want to play the game of calling certain people "mentally ill" I can play the same game too.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You apparently don't know anything about transgender people either.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I'm guessing that a male that has had surgery to remove things, and then is on hormones to grow things may have a specific need from a well versed Dr. in such things.
Just guessing.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Is every transgender person the exact same mentally? Do they all behave the same? Do they all think as one block? I ask because you seem to know so much about them

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I'm guessing that a male that has had surgery to remove things, and then is on hormones to grow things may have a specific need from a well versed Dr. in such things.
Just guessing.

To treat something like the flu? I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Is every transgender person the exact same mentally? Do they all behave the same? Do they all think as one block? I ask because you seem to know so much about them

Apparently much more than Metallicus.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
How is transgenderism against Religion exactly???

What Religion?

No. Forcing a doctor to go against his or her beliefs in provision of care is what is being argued. Health care providers have long had freedom of conscience where things like abortion (another topic that fell under this set of rules) are concerned.

The left apparently thinks they have learned from that mistake and are moving to make sure no one is free to refuse the dictates of government and conscientiously object. Think about this long and hard ... it could set a precedent for conscientious objector rules in the military too.

Oh and speaking of military, the military doesn't force its own doctors to do what the government wants to force civilian doctors to do.

Sooooo, you can't answer the question I asked?

That's all you had to say. Better yet you could have said what you said without replying to me because it had nothing to do with what I asked.

Freedom of conscience?

That's a little different than freedom of religion, is it not?

You don't have to be religious to be against abortion or, on topic, transgenderism?

a federal directive that required public schools to let transgender students use bathrooms consistent with their gender identity.

How does this affect Religious practice, and what's it got to do with abortion?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

There are valid studies that show that transgender surgery may not be a treatment though. The subject is controversial for a reason and it doesn't necessarily have to do with just not wanting to serve those icky transfolk, but also about not wanting to slice off healthy, functional body parts and drastically alter metabolisms with hormone therapy where it may not actually be indicated or therapeutic in any physical sense.

Citation needed (other than your well established bias). One that isn't from McHugh or some other religious nutters or a misinterpretation of the Karolinska Institute (the "Swedish Study") data.

Some transgender people don't have any surgery and some have many. Only 10% of the people that transition to living full time as the gender "opposite" from their natal sex have genital reconstruction so trans healthcare is a lot more involved than simply that.

Doctors are not psychologists. They treat the physical body, and they are supposed to "do no harm" which is sort of what a transgender surgery may be doing.

Following the free to download Standards of Care as laid out by the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), three months of psychological evaluation and testing are recommended prior to a doctor even prescribing low dose hormones so you really don't know what you're talking about although you've made your opinion quite clear time and time again.

Let's spin this headline another way:

Christian Jihadists Pressure Government Officials Putting Thousands at Risk

Read more to better understand this issue:

Federal Judge Blocks Obamacare Protections For Transgender People

Federal Judge Halts Obamacare Transgender, Abortion-Related Protections Nationwide

Judge Puts Thousands at Risk by Halting Enforcement of Federal Transgender Healthcare Protections

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What happened to the USA I used to dream about as a kid where everyone is free and equal.
You were number 1 in my eyes as a kid but now heck I don't even want to visit.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That's right, you don't think so.

There could be major implications to someone's health, and the way drugs interact. I would think that a Dr. that is well trained with the different treatments and the immune system.

Like I said, I don't know a whole lot of things about this.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Gee, I don't know. Is every far right Fundamental Christian the exact same mentally? Are they all weirdos or just some of them?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I'll give you a hint. You probably don't want to go looking for sex re-assignment surgery at a Catholic hospital.

That's funny because I had sex reassignment surgery IN a Catholic hospital with nuns and everything, in 1977 no less. Mt. San Rafael Hospital in Trinidad, Colorado, formerly known as the Sex Change Capital of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join