It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TerriblePhoenix

Well that's your opinion and you are welcome to it
Maybe to you I am a brainwashed clown, I can live with that
The other side though is I see you as a arrogant, self centered person with little education in my beliefs.
Go read True Brits post

It's very clear and precise for what it is, could almost be a creed

I have never killed anyone in christs name, nor advocated it

Now you say the bible inspired millions of lives, so did atheism and Darwin, your beliefs are no more honorable. Remember Joshua and Canan, that's a Jewish law book, I am not under the law. Basic bible understanding there

It's easier to see reality when you get off the high horse you are on

The best thing, I don't judge, God will, in his time

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: loNeNLI

originally posted by: TerriblePhoenix

originally posted by: Raggedyman

a reply to: Raggedyman

You don't have to have a creed.

You believe it's true regardless.

That was my point, simply.

Cool, I am glad you understand
Cheers

Yes, I understand. It's not much my concern the type of spirituality you engage in.

I simply wanted to point out that the lying manipulators gave you the religion and Bible you have which would not exist as is without the intervention of Roman Theocracy and that wonderful man Constantine!

Rome was a haven of tolerance for any religion as long as you paid lip service to the Emporer you could do as you pleased, and they flourished.

Theocracy turned them into heresy hunters and cost millions their lives inspired by the Bible and it's concept of religious superiority to justify untold horrors because Joshua conquered Canaan for Yahweh or some other excuse based on a story in the Bible.

You should at least thank them for giving you the Bible though, lying and manipulating is still the function of Christianity so are we any better because we are not Catholic?

Rotten tree, rotten fruit.

"and cost millions their lives inspired by the Bible"

- and you started Off so well.
If you fail to see that 'catholicism' is a mimick-christianity,
started by Constantine who was a pagan and his mother a witch who spiritually ruled him,
under motto "if you cant beat 'em join 'em" ,

then why make a comment, alltogether...?

What on earth gives you the impression that:

A. I didn't know Catholicism had pagan roots?

B. I am incorrect in stating the Bible was used to justify untold horrors?

I of course know as does everyone who cares that Catholicism had pagan tendencies, it was never an issue so I happened not to need to mention it because regardless the Bible WAS used to justify untold horrors.

From Constantine until the end of slavery in America and to a degree still today.

What do you think you are accomplishing with your short rant anyway?

Probably because you're sending out a double message.
I've read the post again and yes it's context can tell that you knew catholicism but 'used' scripture.
My apology.

..but then you continue with absurd lines like this,
"... lying and manipulating is still the function of Christianity "

so - please dont blame others for misinterpreting your post.

Blame is not something I am looking to do to anyone but it is your fault that YOU misinterpreted my comment and it has nothing to do with the state of modern Christianity and my opinion that it's still full of liars, it's not even an opinion it is an actual fact.

Not to mention separate issues never effecting each other.

Saying you know someone will go to hell if they are not saved is a small scale lie.

The big ones usually involve money, sex or authority.

Televangelists!!!? Give me a break.

Creflo Dollar?

Extreme example maybe but not an exception more like the rule, Creflo is just a smooth talking man with charisma and a gift for getting people to give him money that he uses to live like a Roman Caesar.
edit on 2-1-2017 by TerriblePhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

That I am welcome to it is a given, what "opinion" are you talking about specifically so I can clarify for you why I think it?

The other side though is I see you as a arrogant, self centered person with little education in my beliefs.
Go read True Brits post

I do enjoy a kind word, thanks chap!

Now you say the bible inspired millions of lives, so did atheism and Darwin, your beliefs are no more honorable.

You could not possibly know my beliefs because I haven't said what I believe, Darwin and atheism are not interests of mine or worth bringing up as they don't change murder in the name of God or Christ, they are separate issues and you are playing pass the buck.

When I honestly don't care what you do.

Remember Joshua and Canan, that's a Jewish law book, I am not under the law. Basic bible understanding there

And I can tell you must really know the Bible because you are not even under the law so I bet you constantly waste time NOT studying it.

But that doesn't change the fact that Romans and others DID and they would use any excuse they could find to conquer people.

Heathens and heretics.

I think you do judge and are judging me, specifically saying I am on a "High horse" and can't "see reality" both cases are judgements.

False judgements at that as neither are true.

You have to much to say with not enough information or even common sense, though you attempt to appear otherwise.

Damn dude...putting words in my mouth?

I never called you anything offensive so "brainwashed clown" is your thoughts and words, not mine.

I told you I am not concerned with your religion practices, just the facts.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Cheers

Yes, I understand. It's not much my concern the type of spirituality you engage in.

I simply wanted to point out that the lying manipulators gave you the religion and Bible you have which would not exist as is without the intervention of Roman Theocracy and that wonderful man Constantine!

Rome was a haven of tolerance for any religion as long as you paid lip service to the Emporer you could do as you pleased, and they flourished.

Theocracy turned them into heresy hunters and cost millions their lives inspired by the Bible and it's concept of religious superiority to justify untold horrors because Joshua conquered Canaan for Yahweh or some other excuse based on a story in the Bible.

You should at least thank them for giving you the Bible though, lying and manipulating is still the function of Christianity so are we any better because we are not Catholic?

started by Constantine who was a pagan and his mother a witch who spiritually ruled him,

I of course know as does everyone who cares that Catholicism had pagan tendencies, it was never an issue so I happened not to need to mention it because regardless the Bible WAS used to justify untold horrors.

From Constantine until the end of slavery in America and to a degree still today.

I've read the post again and yes it's context can tell that you knew catholicism but 'used' scripture.
My apology.

Blame is not something I am looking to do to anyone but it is your fault that YOU misinterpreted my comment and it has nothing to do with the state of modern Christianity and my opinion that it's still full of liars, it's not even an opinion it is an actual fact.

Saying you know someone will go to hell if they are not saved is a small scale lie.

Creflo Dollar?

Extreme example maybe but not an exception more like the rule, Creflo is just a smooth talking man with charisma and a gift for getting people to give him money that he uses to live like a Roman Caesar.

*shrug*
- you could expect that wolves enter.

Yet that is quite a different context as your quote : "lying and manipulating is the function of christianity".

That is an outright Lie.

lemme guess -
you are a messianic-jew ?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

One of the first Crusades was called against the Muslims in the Holy Land running around practicing convert, submit or die back then, and unlike the white-washed version of the practice we are told about today, it was every bit as brutal as the Crusades.

There's a real reason why there are so few minority religious in the Middle Eastern countries and it isn't because Islam is so great.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sort of like how the US is the only country any is taught practiced slavery?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Open any history book, religion or god in one form or another is responsible for more wars and killings than all other reasons combined.

Yes, because that's another aspect that gets white washed -- how many cleansings in the name of the perfect state communists have perpetrated.

Just do some honest independent study of Stalin and Mao and you'll see what they've done in the name of the "religion" of the state -run secular society.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There are many stories about Christ not in the Bible.

All worth reading as he is the Man, sometimes a man other times the Logos of God. Sometimes the Messiah and others the Savior, a common motiff in antiquity.

No matter who you ask, besides Gnza Rabba and Toldot Jeshu, Talmud, Jesus was an outstanding human being who inspired more movements than anyone I can think of before Orthodoxy and its terrible Dogma killed all creative thought and asserted what books and beliefs could exist.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: doobydoll

I actually didn't ask for anything and don't need it but I suppose thank you for taking the time to inform me that was the Apostles Creed in Latin, which is what I think you did.

I won't be rude because there is no reason to be but I honestly wish you hadn't taken your time to do so because I honestly can't stand creeds, especially ones that claim God is 1, 3, and 1 and turn a human into God.

Which the apostles never thought.

I didn't post the translation because I think you need it.
I posted because you said that because it's Latin you ''didn't know what it says, which defeats its purpose''.

I didn't realise you didn't want to know what it says. Apologies.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Cheers

My apology.

Creflo Dollar?

*shrug*

Yet that is quite a different context as your quote : "lying and manipulating is the function of christianity".

That is an outright Lie.

lemme guess -

First, not a lie.

Second NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Messianic Jew? I think you have a problem with them because I sure never gave the impression I was one.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Cheers

My apology.

Creflo Dollar?

*shrug*

That is an outright Lie.

lemme guess -

First, not a lie.

Second NOT EVEN CLOSE!

Messianic Jew? I think you have a problem with them because I sure never gave the impression I was one.

oh so i was close.
..yeah.. i knew i should've skipped the 'messianic' of the two - my bad.

Just observing... - using 'the hated roman emperor'... the term 'yahweh' , and an example of 'going into canaan'... knowing well the abberations in christianity... saying it's false as a whole... and having the name phoenix/bennu

Knowing that judaism is from an egyptian root, i m only observing your words. Nothing more.
edit on 2-1-2017 by loNeNLI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I studied this in world history class back in the seventies, now a days political correctness wants the young people to be illiterate when it comes to anything in history.

Back then was called the dark ages, witch hunts, inquisition and Christian crusades.

Now, while an interesting and dark time in history, back in those days of Religious persecution it was not only the Catholic church the one that did percussion and conquest, it was just their time in history.

Today the percussion is under a different brand of believes and as violent as those that were before them.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Cheers

My apology.

Creflo Dollar?

So are you insinuating all Christians act like that.
Are you insinuating that Creflo Dollar is not a Christian

The bible states you will know Christians by their lifestyle
Creflos lifestyle and his teachings are not Christian, I agree
But we are not all like that

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

That I am welcome to it is a given, what "opinion" are you talking about specifically so I can clarify for you why I think it?

Go read True Brits post

I do enjoy a kind word, thanks chap!

Now you say the bible inspired millions of lives, so did atheism and Darwin, your beliefs are no more honorable.

You could not possibly know my beliefs because I haven't said what I believe, Darwin and atheism are not interests of mine or worth bringing up as they don't change murder in the name of God or Christ, they are separate issues and you are playing pass the buck.

When I honestly don't care what you do.

Remember Joshua and Canan, that's a Jewish law book, I am not under the law. Basic bible understanding there

And I can tell you must really know the Bible because you are not even under the law so I bet you constantly waste time NOT studying it.

But that doesn't change the fact that Romans and others DID and they would use any excuse they could find to conquer people.

Heathens and heretics.

I think you do judge and are judging me, specifically saying I am on a "High horse" and can't "see reality" both cases are judgements.

False judgements at that as neither are true.

You have to much to say with not enough information or even common sense, though you attempt to appear otherwise.

Damn dude...putting words in my mouth?

I never called you anything offensive so "brainwashed clown" is your thoughts and words, not mine.

I told you I am not concerned with your religion practices, just the facts.

Meh, I can see what you are, that's not judgement, that's just noticing who you are

But then you don't understand the two covenants in the bible

Such is life

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I am not insinuating anything, just offering examples which I labeled extreme but not the exception,nay, the rule, just that not everyone is as successful as Creflo.

The followers of men and sometimes women if they are allowed to lead are...followers.

Good people that will do what their elders tell them because it's not enough to believe anymore you have to pick the "true" church.

I think there are many thousands of "one true church"'s.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I am not insinuating anything, just offering examples which I labeled extreme but not the exception,nay, the rule, just that not everyone is as successful as Creflo.

The followers of men and sometimes women if they are allowed to lead are...followers.

Good people that will do what their elders tell them because it's not enough to believe anymore you have to pick the "true" church.

I think there are many thousands of "one true church"'s.

I don't think there is a true church, I think it's an individual relationship with God.
A Christian grows slowly like wheat in a field, it's constantly learning, growing and teaching from and to others, for free of course

We are our own masters, followers of creflo, Meyer osteen are responsible for their own choice

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

So, I've heard a little about this in recent years but never in much detail.

I'm sure you heard a lot about it in school, you just didn't pay attention or the details were not that important to you to make an impact on your memory.

It's really strange that we never hear about this in history, and of course you won't hear it in church that's for sure.

Never? or you just didn't care to learn it. Now that your older, for some reason this information is important.
What does this new awareness about church history mean to you?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The True Church is in Golgotha.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Wrong Wrong Wrong. It was the Roman Catholic Church who butchered real Christianity and mixed it with paganism. It was the Jesuit Order that were behind the crusades. Not only did they kill those who did not convert, but they also murdered REAL Christians (Protestantism) and Jews.

In 1605 they tried to blow up King James parliament to try and prevent the true Christian bible under king James from coming forth. This was known as the gun Powder Plot which was carried out by the Jesuit Guy Fawkes under direct orders from ROME.
The Jesuits aka los alumbrados/ templars were armed elite of the roman catholic church. Today they control the Mafia, the CFR, etc...

THIS is the REAL untaught Christian History. 10 hours worth of pure historic facts.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

The Jesuits control a lot.

But not the Mafia, Cammorra or Ndrangheta.

At this point there is no power in the so called Mafia in America or Sicily, not compared to the other two.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join