It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Untaught History- Christians forced entire nations to convert at the point of a sword

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

No I quoted His word
Like this
John 14:6King James Version (KJV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jeremiah 33:3King James Version (KJV)

3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Are you ok?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

So show me where Jesus said he will build his church or the church of satan as you called it on the foundation laid by Peter...

edit on 2-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Many Popes have declared that salvation is only through the Catholic Church, which denies that salvation is through Jesus Christ.

Jesus did not appoint Peter to the headship of the apostles and forbade any such notion. (Luke 22:24-27; Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18; 1st Corinthians 3:11). Nor is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd bishop of Rome, remarks that "there is no real 1st century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome."

Clement of Rome did NOT say that.

Maybe Clement of Alexandria.

Clement the Bishop was a Roman of Flavian lineage that Peter mentored as a successor.

Plus you have Homilies and Recognitions that is just not Canon, but totally believeable as a legitimate tradition from the non Pauline faction.

1 Clement was not written by Clement anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I don't think so unless they are MPD. Just a newbie who still makes mistakes on the quotes and response location of textual placement.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Im sorry, I don't get you Bro? What?

It is not a physical church. The church is a spiritual church. It is not in the physical realm. Peter would tell you the same if he were here. The same peter that denied Christ before the cock crowed. Remember him? Remember the bitter tears he shed.

Churches that worship humans and make graven images to them, such as Mary, stand against the word of God and against God. Those are idols

Here Exodus 20:4
Do not make an idol for yourself, whether in the shape of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters under the earth.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Like what?

I accepted Christ 53 years ago. Maybe that's is a newby......

Jesus was the cornerstone that was rejected by the builders

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Remember people were largely uneducated upto about say 1500 ad, couldn't read, so the clergy told people what to do and think
The clergy, powers of the church lied to the people and manipulated them

Anyway, most empires did the same, Mao, pol pot, Stalin, just called it atheism and killed all those of faith if they didn't denounce their faith
Go figure

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
Its not a pissing contest! Killing anyone in the name of god is just evil!

Islam and Christians can go to hell, im making my own religion and calling it PS4!

How about killing in the name of atheism, Stalin Mao pol pot

It's not a pissing contest, if it was you couldn't win

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think that Martin Luther could read, and that caused a real big problem with the Catholic church. He saw that what they were teaching was contradicting what the Bible said. He nailed a letter on the door of the church, telling everyone so. They were livid. They wanted to maintain control. That was their bread and butter, and he let the truth out of the bag.

Anyway, Im off to bed. God Bless all....

And please, read the word of for yourself. You are responsible for yourself

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
So we should definitely be cool with it if Muslims convert us at the point of a sword because somebody else did it historically. That makes so much sense now. Why didnt I think of that?!

(Not christian fyi)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Keep stoking the Anti Christian fire with rhetoric......

We all know that it is an Islamic ploy to turn the west against it's main religion so there will be space for it to come and occupy, using the very same tactics it bemoans Christianity for using.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
So we should definitely be cool with it if Muslims convert us at the point of a sword because somebody else did it historically. That makes so much sense now. Why didnt I think of that?!

(Not christian fyi)

No, that's just being silly for argument sake
We shouldn't be cool with anyone who causes another to change anything they are for the sake of a group
Hindu, Budhist, Christian Muslim atheist, man woman or child, we should all accept others differences and choices as long as it doesn't hurt others

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
I believe there has been some confusion due to me being a newbie and in my responses when using some ones quote,
my textual placement has been wrong, thus causing confusion. I agreed with you that Christ came to reestablish relationship with the Father, He said to go out preach, convert and disciple, not go out preach convert get together and start a religion to force it onto different people groups. And I did say that Jesus is the Rock not Peter. Someone did ask me if I was a sub alt account of yours and I told them I did not think so since I don't know if your MPD or not so I am not a figment of their imagination.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Every school history class talks about the mass death christians caused in the crusades and new world.

The muslim locust(army plus migrants) invasion of the civilized world is portrayed in history books as "fair" because they didn't kill all christians and jews, they made them tax slaves.

School history books put a magnifying class on the third reich but do not even look at the soviet terror or the great democide forward in china.
The soviet institution killed the most people ever
Likely with chinese communism coming in second
Then likely the mongols and genghis khan

Some scholars think Genghis Khan slaughtered upwards of forty million people on his westwards migration...

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

You don't hear about it because nothing has changed. Now Christians are Republican party with total power. Pucker up for four years of laws directed at you to take and give to rich.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Don't blame Christianity for the inhumanity of souless men against themselves for millenia you heathen.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think that religion itself is not the problem. Christianity according to Christ didn't include killing people who wouldn't convert. The crusades was about politics and control more than it was about Christ.

It's the same thing with the terrorist groups today. It is about politics and control more than it is about Islam. Islam is just the vehicle for the attempts to control, just like Christianity was during the crusades.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

When I learned that back in the day, pagans of one faith such as the Romans would end up paying homage to the Gods of the people that they had conquered, it really endeared it to me. How forward thinking I thought, from thousands of years ago. Imagine a world where we didn't have everyone telling everyone else their belief was wrong and they were going to be punished - possibly on earth, definitely in the afterlife, for not believing the same way they did.

That's not to whitewash entirely, they did demand their Gods be worshiped as well (although there was a clause saying the Jewish people did not have to worship the Roman pantheon), and some pagan cultures practiced human sacrifice, although that was as abhorrent to the pagan Greeks and Romans as it is to us.

So even though there was similar oppression, it had the seeds of the modern world. You could imagine pagan Founding Fathers of the US creating the same constitution and there being an easier time among the populace accepting the tenets of the Bill of Rights and the identity of the nation. Socrates died defending the notion of religious freedom as well. He was charged with preaching new Gods, philosophical ones and he claimed that his guardian spirit said that he should accept his fate of a death sentence instead of recanting. When you think of the history and the influence that his notions of philosophical Gods reached, you have to wonder if his guardian spirit was on to something.
edit on 2-1-2017 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

The crusades were started to protect travelers and trade routes...
What transpired through the years the effects of the sights and actions of battle caused many changes in those who led the way... The knights Templar... It was the crusades which brought forth the rise to power and control...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join