It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we are on the edge of a war alright.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeP2247

Yeah it'd be over quickly. About 30 minutes. After that about 400 million people would be dead and everyone else on the planet would have to suffer ice age conditions.

Aircraft carriers have never been particularly important to Russia's naval strategy, since it was primarily concerned with disrupting lines of communication(supply and transport lines) between the US and Europe across the Atlantic, so they didn't bother with them.

14 days isn't sufficient to transport the millions of men and all their equipment across the Atlantic, let alone have them ready and in position for offensives against Russia. So the war would last longer than 14 days even if it wasn't nuclear.

You can't destroy Russia's ICBMs. Not all of them. In fact Russia could probably destroy more of America's since their air defence systems are, and always have been more advanced. Not that it'd make much of a difference though.

Each R-36M2 carries 10 750 kiloton warheads each of which comes with 3-4 decoy warheads. They have about 902 strategic ground-based nuclear warheads (not including air launched and naval launched weapons) do you think you can stop all 902 warheads? Best case scenario is you can stop about 100, which doesn't matter since each target will be attacked by anywhere between 3 to 10 warheads.

Then there's the 1152 warheads they have deployed through their submarine fleet, you gonna stop all them too?
edit on -060007pm1kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I don't see a reason Russia and the United States should be enemies. I love the Russian people and respect Putin for putting his country and people first.

Unlike some of you I am not going to fall for the U.S. Government's propaganda against Russia.

War should be avoided...especially nuclear war.
edit on 2017/1/1 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
There is something people forget, Corporations run the world now and our Politicians work for the banks. WW2 was about stopping this Fascist ideology from sprouting out of Germany as anyone with any brains could see that its anti human.

This anti Human concept has an end game were there is nobody left to by your products so how far away are we from this ? well when nobody has any money left to buy your products the game ends.

The only possible outcome is war, but it won't be like the first 2 world wars with trenches and "million man" armies. I suspect we are 2-3 years away from this outcome but rest assured unless this ship can be steered on a different path its curtains for all of us bottom feeders.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

John McCain has been wanting the United States to go to war since the Vietnam War ended. He also wanted to go to war with Iran. This is the same guy that lead congress to arm the Syrian rebels who align themselves with the terrorist organization Al-Qaida. He's nothing but a war monger! I really don't understand why Arizonians kept this a-hole in office for so long.

No American lost a life in this hacked election. The United States isn't exactly squeaky clean with all the covert overseas election influences they've been involved in. The U.S. has supported many dictators who had blood on their hands. The U.S. sells billions of dollars worth of military equipment to Saudi Arabia, a country who has Sharia Law, has the worst human rights record and has killed many of their own civilians because of it!

This is total hypocrisy on behalf of the United States! People of the United States made up their own minds without the help of Russia. Our Washington representatives did it to themselves! Now they want to sacrifice the sons and daughters of American citizens to fight a war with Russia. Just because they don't like who the American people elected and they feel their political careers are personally threatened? Is it possible they're afraid Trump will expose the inner workings of our government? Maybe our representatives should look at themselves in the mirror and take notice how the democratic party and the corrupt delegate system stacked the deck against Bernie Sanders! Seems like that was clearly trying to "fix" an election on behalf of Hillary Clinton.

Many here on ATS know I wasn't a Trump supporter. I'm registered independent but I call them as I see them on both sides of the political spectrum. The American people were simply sick and tired of our Washington representatives ignoring the voice of the people. They were sick of the inside corruption and our representatives catering to the rich and powerful. It wasn't Russia who helped elect Donald Trump, is was the millions of Americans who wanted to send a message to Washington no matter whether they liked or hated Trump. The message was simply "SCREW YOU," ...can you hear me now??? Deal with it.

I can live with that. I just pray Trump doesn't screw it up. Maybe he'll end up winning over those voters who didn't vote for him. Time will certainly tell. The year 2017 may be the year we find out how corrupt our government really was.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Of course we can.

My kid did some time over there - the problem wasn't killing them - problem was figuring out who to kill.

Same people who would be so friendly and offering you tea during the day would turn out to be the same ones trying to kill you at night.

They will have that "ruskie" uniform om - very easy to target them, especially in formation.

I know some those kids - an they are that good.

Joe

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I agreed with your assessment until I read this article about Syria and the Zones of Influence Putin, Turkey and Iran want to introduce there. The Iranian zone across Syria will create a path from Tehran to Beirut that Iran plans to use to deliver arms to Hezbollah. This is the situation Trump will start with. Given, this article is clear that this is just a basic idea at the moment with further talks scheduled hopefully including other countries, especially the U.S. in the final agreements so it will probably change drastically.

Maybe Putin is stacking up leverage chips for negotiating with Trump? Putin will give in on one item to have one of the Russian sanctions lifted? It's easy to create chips from just talk. I think Putin read Trump's book. Even then I feel more secure with Trump handling this than Obama, that's for sure.

www.reuters.com...

STM

edit on 1-1-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I know you have a valid point. He does cry wolf a lot - so do the democrats, trying to cry wolf against every single republican they faced.

But you know - sometimes there really is a wolf. When some country, especially Russia given their history, tries to screw with our democracy - it is a wolf out there. And that really needs to e put down.

I have nothing bad to say against McCain even though I voted against him - it is in his eyes I think. He really has those fighter pilot eyes that I have seen so many times in my life. He KNOWS the wolf is really out there and he is trying his best to stop this. He deserves much credit for even trying here.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Sounds like McCain and Graham are worried their E-mail will become public knowledge next.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The way I see it Russia is not the aggressor, but the West is beating the war drums, and creating situations that may bring countries into war.

As is the case in all times and all wars, I have no clue what is going on.

----

I just saw this the other day ..

edit on 1-1-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Propaganda?? They tried to undo our democracy, undermine NATO, and throw Balitc states that supported us under the bus - it can't cut any deeper.

Let me straighten you out man - In Korea, those pilots our kids went up against in those Migs - they were Russian, they killed some of our people - just who do you think were supplying weapons to the VC in Viet Nam.

Thy are our absolute enemy - and that fact must be faced - we can only ignore this to our peril.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
All this anti-Russia talk is just an attempt to neutralize/hamstring the incoming Trump administration. I think the military-industrial complex is feeling the cold chill of serious budget cuts coming on, and they are just trying to protect their turf. But they gotta have enemies/threats to do that, hence all the threat trips. But there's not going to be any war.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeP2247
a reply to: Metallicus
They tried to undo our democracy, undermine NATO, and throw Balitc states that supported us under the bus - it can't cut any deeper.

Vee haf a volunteer for ze front! Buh-bye!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

What - like those boys in WWII had no clue that they had to do what had to be done? those kids had a clue.

Sometimes there is a very clear moral imperative.

If you really don't think so I think you should take a closer look at some of those children from Aleppo.

Those were Russian bombs that killed those kids.

I am embarrassed the US did not step in and kill those planes. We promised we would stand against such genocide after the holocaust - but we did nothing to stop it there and we did nothing to stop it in Rwanda for that matter.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

But you know - sometimes there really is a wolf. When some country, especially Russia given their history, tries to screw with our democracy - it is a wolf out there. And that really needs to e put down.

Going to war with a country or getting involved in a World War when there is not a direct attack on a country's homeland is in my view, not a direct threat against our democracy. This is something that could be prevented without putting our sons and daughters into harms way. I'm sick and tired of our elected officials using our children like pawns in a chess game. This is the 21st century for Christ's sake! If world leaders and elected officials can't settle their differences with peaceful negotiations, than it's our own fault for putting them into power!

War is primitive and barbaric. The citizens of warring countries are always the losers. While the children of citizens fighting the war are being sacrificed, and innocent civilians are being killed by "collateral damage", our leaders and elected officials are safely protected in their fortified bunkers. Their daily lives of food, shelter and medical care will be taken care of, while citizens will be searching for their next meal and looking for basic shelter from all the bombing and destruction.

It's time for the people of the world to rise-up and say enough is enough. The world is in conflict not because of the majority of people who reside on it, it's because of the minority who the people have given power to.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Don't feed the troll.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

I would go if my country needed me - even at my age. You would find some way not to though, wouldn't you?

All of my brothers went to fight in Viet Nam - I would too if I was older then.

I believe if the country calls you because they need you - then you go. You owe that to your country.
And I am very liberal - go figure.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: dragonridr

I wouldn't be surprised If the USA, Russia and China have a secret agreement to not use nukes would make em all rich and decimate the populace.

I think Russia, China and the U.S. all have separate no shoot first policies.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Trolls - those are the people Russia hires to make nice - Right?

If I understand right.

But I think Trump may be a traitor - and I will not tolerate that in any form.

I am an American - and for Americans that agrees with me or not - I will fight for the right for them to speak their mind. That is the difference between us and u.

I have my thoughts on the matter - you come to your own conclusions. I have nothing else to say. Except that if we have to go to war with those b astards to protect our democracy - they won't last long against us - and I know they know this.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No one will last very long because it will literally be over in 30-40 minutes since that's how long the missiles will take to reach their targets since nuclear escalation is inevitable.

Trump is not a traitor for wanting to improve America's dismal foreign relations.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

War is a really great idea for some people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join