It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the fake space walk

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I figured this would be a good place for this seeing as it IS a military craft and this is like my default fourm, but on to the topic at hand.

*****DISREGARD TITLE OF THE VIDEO, I DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT THINK THE EARTH IS FLAT*****

All i ask is 2:00 of your time. in the video around 1:45-2:00 you see the astronauts doing a EVA, everything looks as one would expect. But then in the reflections on their watches and mirrors used to look behind them you see very obvious stadium/high intensity lights in said reflections.

they then do a shot looking the other way and NO lights are to be seen.

what gives?

Why fake a space walk?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I Dunno, maby they are in a cold war with Russia and want them to think their technology is superior?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Why fake a space walk?

Because real ones are expensive ?
Must be a real moral booster or something .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Really need to see the original HD footage to really determine what's going on here to be honest.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This has been covered. A long time ago.

Wind back the video to 1:18 minutes, when Zhai crawls out of the hatch. Look in his visor. There is a wide-angle view of the hull of the spaceship. What do you see? There is an obvious three-row array of some kind of lighting system or some other spaceship equipment. It is not studio lighting you can see in Zhai’s wrist reflection, it is a reflection of some equipment (possibly a small light array for the camera) attached to the hull.

astroengine.com...

edit on 1/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

i am by far not the expert in China's space program but HD or not there are some interesting points brought to light in the video.

like i said the idea of the earth being flat is crazy, but i could see a government faking an event.

But in this day and age where space access seems as easy as buying a ticket to russia, why fake it?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

But in this day and age where space access seems as easy as buying a ticket to russia, why fake it?

They didn't. You know they have a space station, right?

The claim has as much validity as those that man never walked on the Moon and is based on the same sort of nonsense.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Maybe those lights are just camera's leds? As for the bubble it could be anything. HD footage would help.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

yes i know they have a space station,

But there are things in that video that just don't seem right, i looked at the video and the times in the text you quoted and i saw no rows of lights

do i think that China or anyone else might fake a EVA for public consumption just incase something went wrong, yes, yes i do.

does that mean they didn't do it? no, i'm sure they did. But the powers that be wanted to have a perfect show and aired a pre recorded version

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

yes i know they have a space station,

But there are things in that video that just don't seem right, i looked at the video and the times in the text you quoted and i saw no rows of lights

do i think that China or anyone else might fake a EVA for public consumption just incase something went wrong, yes, yes i do.

does that mean they didn't do it? no, i'm sure they did. But the powers that be wanted to have a perfect show and aired a pre recorded version

..i forgot most about that event
but you might be interested in their cough takeoff of that socalled moonrover
[where they showed that Star-trek control hall]
..the "rocket launch" of it was igniting, then almost immediately going up
- the chinese dont have any problems with CGI, for cough boosting of presumed supremacy.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The claim has as much validity as those that man never walked on the Moon and is based on the same sort of nonsense.

If you're so sure all of the claims are nonsense, then what are your thoughts? You linked an explanation to the reflection of lighting, and I'm sold. But what about the bubbles? What about the positioning of Earth? Most interestingly in my opinion, what about the flag seemingly blowing around in the wind?

Don't just say its nonsense. Why is it nonsense?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

i looked at the video and the times in the text you quoted and i saw no rows of lights

It's not talking about the video you posted. It's talking about the original video of the space walk.

But the powers that be wanted to have a perfect show and aired a pre recorded version
No they didn't.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

But what about the bubbles?

There are no bubbles. That's stuff leaving the capsule. Bits of debris. Covered in detail in the link provided earlier.

What about the positioning of Earth?
What about it?

what about the flag seemingly blowing around in the wind?
You mean like on the Moon? Same sort of nonsense. With no atmospheric drag, and in a weightlessness condition, a flag will wiggle for a long time from the slightest touch.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah sorry I just read more of the link you provided. The bubbles thing, fair enough.

The whole flag thing just might be beyond my comprehension level lol. Personally I've never waved a flag in a vacuum so it's really hard for me to imagine how the flag should naturally act. Seems to me like it would stay completely flat and only move on a pivot to the stick unless touched elsewhere. But that could be completely wrong, I have no idea.

Anyway, thanks for the added clarification.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The refutation provided on the bubbles is not enough for me. The author infact cannot explain the bubble at 3:03 and leaves it to the reader to decide.

The author suggests we should have seen cavitation, nucleation, or turbulence. All of these could be controlled and mitigated in a pool of desired fluid.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

All of these could be controlled and mitigated in a pool of desired fluid.

Or, the space walk actually happened and the "bubbles" are bits of stuff leaving the capsule.

Why not?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The object at 3:03 shows acceleration, the same way a bubble would. What would cause bits of unknown to not only leave the spacecraft, but accelerate away from it?

Edit: Correction, the bubble came from beneath the visor AND reflects light.
edit on 1-1-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chadderson

Or, the space walk actually happened....
...Why not?

because this the internet. it could have happened or it could have been a staged event in a studio... you know..

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21706760]chadderson[/post

The object at 3:03 shows acceleration

That would seem to be a matter of interpretation. Consider an object moving obliquely to the camera. As it gets closer to the lens its rate of movement across the field of view increases.

In my experience, bubbles don't really accelerate much. That's why it's a good way to gauge your rate of ascent when SCUBA diving. "Never rise faster than your bubbles."

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

i gave you a star for the light thing, at first glance you have to admit it looks pretty funny.

thats why i come to ATS youll all ways get a answer

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join