It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bald Eagle Harriet and M15 Have One Egg Hatched as of Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Here's a link for anyone who has some down time and enjoys watching wildlife. (It sure beats watching human violence.)

This is a popular live stream from Fort Myers, Florida. Harriet has been a video star since 2012 but her original mate, Ozzie, is gone and she's now mated to M15. The first chick began breaking out of the shell yesterday and completely hatched today. I just caught Harriet feeding the chick. It appears there is a partial fish in the nest but I didn't catch the male dropping it off. It's new since I opened the link a few hours ago.

KTVB

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Finally , my kind of tweet ! Thanks , S&F .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Let's hope for a good year so that Harriet and M15 can raise both their hatchlings.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Awesome find!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Great quality cam. Totally worth the look. Thanx

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Thanks for mentioning the excellent quality of the camera. I neglected to do that.

I'm happy to see there are members who appreciate this kind of thing so thank you to all who replied!!

Harriet and M15 hatched a New Year's Chickie!!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Cutest thing EVER!!!!

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the link!

Went to the live cam, watched for a few minutes, was about to bookmark it, maybe come back to it a bit later....then she moved and we we able to see a few glimpses of the little ones...
Awesome

Ty again...

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I was feeling a bit nervous because there appeared to be a deficit of food in the nest this morning and I'd yet to catch both eagles at the nest. The male just arrived with the tail end of a fish, Harriet took off after vocalizing a lot when the male arrived, the male is feeding bits of fish to the chick and I can see an opening in egg #2. Harriet is a bit bigger than her mate.

top topics

join